Bioware please listen to your subscribers!

Theexec

I had very high hopes for this game and enjoyed playing it more than any in the past. I have spent almost every day since pre-launch exploring every thing SWTOR had to offer. The 1.2 update hurt things that were good and gave nothing functional to the game. You changed things that were perfectly fine, IE augments, class abilities, and prices that were already high. The things that were added are far from functional, the guild bank is to expensive and the controls are not expansive enough, the guild controls have the same problem, and the armor color customization is an absolute joke. The only elements of the update i feel improved the game are the UI customization and the abilities to ride vehicles in space ports and travel directly to the ship from a planets surface.

I hope that others will post there thoughts. My opinion is no more important than others, but all concerns should be heard in order for the game to grow in to amazing MMO it has potential to be.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had very high hopes for this game and enjoyed playing it more than any in the past. I have spent almost every day since pre-launch exploring every thing SWTOR had to offer. The 1.2 update hurt things that were good and gave nothing functional to the game. You changed things that were perfectly fine, IE augments, class abilities, and prices that were already high. The things that were added are far from functional, the guild bank is to expensive and the controls are not expansive enough, the guild controls have the same problem, and the armor color customization is an absolute joke. The only elements of the update i feel improved the game are the UI customization and the abilities to ride vehicles in space ports and travel directly to the ship from a planets surface.

I hope that others will post there thoughts. My opinion is no more important than others, but all concerns should be heard in order for the game to grow in to amazing MMO it has potential to be.

I disagree, prices aren't too high, people are just not meant to be able to get every single thing immedeatly, you have to have something to work for, also, they stated sometime earlier that most of the "new" things aren't final and they will keep working on, adding to and improving them, this is just the beginning.

Personaly I like just about everything they did with this patch (except for the misshap which caused almost a full days worth of downtime), it's a big step in the right direction.

Btw, which part of the subscriber subset should they listen to since they can't listen to everyone, that simply wouldn't work?

Edited by WereMops

The prices are probably what they should be...especially for convenience or vanity things, like mailboxes on the ship (Though honestly, given that there are like a million mailboxes everywhere I think it would be less convenient to use one on the ship)

None of that stuff is needed to play, it's just there to give those with a ton of credits something to do.

I will say the armor customization is pretty pathetic though...when I use it it barely changes anything, gloves and boots still don't really match my chest.

Edited by Rooks_THX

This summarises my feelings to some extent.

I prefer the single-player story, and I am not, and never will be, a hardcore PvPer. I am uninterested in the legacy system, or in the changes to guilds.

My feeling is that Patch 1.2., for all the agony of its roll-out, has not given me anything that really gets me excited. I do like the use of speeders in spaceports etc., but to get this feature has taken 1.3 Gb and 12+ hours to roll out to me. The stat changes nerfed my character class which has already been noticeable in PvE.

So my feeling about the whole thing is pretty meh.

I have to disagree because you can earn 1 million credits without grinding. Just do the level 50 dailies. I did the ilum and belsavis twice to earn enough credits just to buy the white color crystal and a majenta color crystal schematic. I was suprised at how easy it was to raise over 1,25,000 credits.

I must disagree strongly.

I didn't pay Random Joe schmo forum champion the money for the game or the subscription fee to keep playing it, so i would rather random joe schmo forum champ stay away from the development of my video game.

I payed the professional degree holders who have made a living out of crating video game to go ahead and entertain me, and the more they listen to the fan base, the more it seems I want to stop giving them my money.

Bio ware needs to get back to their video game roots and original game design philosophy and stop caving into the fan base before they lose all identity and turn into yet another subsidiary of EA that I refuse to give my money to.

If its not already too late.

I agree for the most part. My biggest gripe is the costs for the legecy stuff. I work and don't get the oportunity to play all the time and accumulate a lot of credits. I realized it would cost credits for legecy stuff but not this high. I guess I am going to have to play on the test server all the time in order to give my input. I have not seen a huge difference in game play with the nerfing of augments and adjustment of classes but like I said above, I don't get a lot of time to play due to work. I have not seen any improvements since the update launched. Wondering if anyone else has and I would like to hear what others have seen.

I didn't pay Random Joe schmo forum champion the money for the game or the subscription fee to keep playing it, so i would rather random joe schmo forum champ stay away from the development of my video game.

I payed the professional degree holders who have made a living out of crating video game to go ahead and entertain me, and the more they listen to the fan base, the more it seems I want to stop giving them my money.

Bio ware needs to get back to their video game roots and original game design philosophy and stop caving into the fan base before they lose all identity and turn into yet another subsidiary of EA that I refuse to give my money to.

Those pros are doing a fantastic job huh?

I prefer the single-player story, and I am not, and never will be, a hardcore PvPer. I am uninterested in the legacy system, or in the changes to guilds.

My feeling is that Patch 1.2., for all the agony of its roll-out, has not given me anything that really gets me excited. I do like the use of speeders in spaceports etc., but to get this feature has taken 1.3 Gb and 12+ hours to roll out to me. The stat changes nerfed my character class which has already been noticeable in PvE.

This has to be trolling. You are complaining about them adding MULTIPLAYER updates to a MMO.

>.>

Are you saying the players don't know what they want? I'm a bit confused by your posts logic.

So you think these was only things in this patch right? Maybe you should go and read patchnotes one more time... And TBH, nerfs was more than welcome.

This has to be trolling. You are complaining about them adding MULTIPLAYER updates to a MMO.

>.>

I sympathise with this, not being an MMO-fan in the slightest. I was hoping BW would make a third KOTOR game and the closest we have is this. Sadly for us fans of the single-player RPGs it comes with all the annoying trappings of an MMO (Monthly subscription, server downtime where I can't play the game I have/am paying for...) I'm not saying, before I'm misunderstood, that these things shouldn't happen but for those of us drawn to this game for the single player experience, the MMO stuff is a pain. For the record, whoever is keeping one, I am looking forward to linking my characters up when Legacy hits, just to see what it does.

Ok, I have a couple of complaints about things that have changed since 1.2. First, what is this BS about only being able to use one medpac per combat? I mean there are some combats in the game that take a bit to finish and there are times when you are fighting a particular group of mobs and your medpac refreshes so you are like (cool I can use another medpac). I mean what is the point to buying a stack of medpacs if you can only use one per fight? What if you are not a healer class and cannot heal yourself through the fight? Also, what if you are doing something like Eternity Vault and going up against Soa, so if you use your medpac and you take damage and the healer goes into a mind trap or goes down, you cannot use anymore medpacs that fight so your group automatic wipes because no one can use medpacs and the healer is down? Second, why would Bioware reduce the healing abilities of the Sage? I mean now it is alot harder to keep your group alive because it seems like the healing abilities are way slower than they were before. They are called healers because they can heal and if you are going to reduce their healing abilities then does that mean that basically there is no reason to continue playing because you cannot get healed in the game because you cannot use more than one medpac per fight and the healers abilities have been reduced so much that it is almost like they don't even exist? This would be like making a tank character and reducing their defensive capabilities or making dps character and reducing their damage. If there are PvP players or others that thought that Sages were too powerful because of healing or that multiple medpacs was bad, then don't PvP and don't use medpacs! I mean don't ruin the game for everyone because of some whiny people that cannot defeat healers because they heal or other players because they use medpacs! Edited by Shaadra

I really think that the developers had a good opportunity to give us players a space combat component of this game where the player and players feel like they can go where they want to go and make this truly feal like what you would expect instead of stuck on a pre-determined which you can only go one way when traveling in space.

They instead put a rail system which means the player just starts the mission and has maybe a few ship control buttons and that is it, what a disappointment and just plain bad idea. I was just expecting the space combat part of the game be at the very least a more open world environment which was how I envisioned space combat missions should have been done for this game.

I really hope that the developers can somehow completely over haul the space combat component of this game, and I think that I read somewhere that they will be doing some major re-work to fix this this?

Space combat has always been an important component of all of the Star Wars movies and in closing as mentioned the developers could do alot more to improve this.

I dont hate 1.2

I dont hate space (its what I expected and they never said it would be anything different)

But the biggest fail to me is no socialization content in a MMO that brings players togather! NONE.

So while I have cancelled account, Id probably resub if a proper form of Paazaak, Swoop racing (ala KotOR 1), pit fighting (K1 and K2), holo chess were added to game in the next short while!

If the rumor I heard true that they waiting for first paid expansion to add, yeah that doesnt fly with me. I refuse to pay twice for content that was suppose to be in game (IMO and they never said differently to all us asking when forums opened in 08) at launch).

But baring that im pretty sure my sub runs out and dies on a vine!

90+30 days more then enough time to get my friends (casual casual players) to 50 and experience most of the FPs that currently exist

I sympathise with this, not being an MMO-fan in the slightest. I was hoping BW would make a third KOTOR game and the closest we have is this. Sadly for us fans of the single-player RPGs it comes with all the annoying trappings of an MMO (Monthly subscription, server downtime where I can't play the game I have/am paying for...) I'm not saying, before I'm misunderstood, that these things shouldn't happen but for those of us drawn to this game for the single player experience, the MMO stuff is a pain. For the record, whoever is keeping one, I am looking forward to linking my characters up when Legacy hits, just to see what it does.

I'm actually glad they didn't make KoTOR III. I imagine that people would complain about how it ended, cry on the forums then start a movement to "Reclaim" KoTOR III which is just a fancy way to say "Give me the ending I want regardless of your idea of good storytelling".

BioWare has been doing a great job of listening to us. Thankfully they don't buckle to useless QQ.

I agree with this, and nothing in the OP... There are things that can be made better, but there are things will will always be able to be made better, in every MMO.

Are you saying the players don't know what they want? I'm a bit confused by your posts logic.

I'm saying that Each player wants something different, and rather then try and make everyone happy (which makes nobody happy) they need to just make the game the way they want to make the game and let the cards fall where they will. If you like it, you will pay for it, and if you don't, you wont.

Bio ware has made some amazing games in the past, but since EA got their claws into them, they have gone down hill fast. EA wants them to listen to the fan base so they can collect more money, but the game is getting worse and worse with each patch.