Heres an Idea.... FIX resolve.

Blaaine

Instead of messing up all the classes... maybe the focus should of been fixing resolve. Or at least REMOVE THE BAR.. I'm sick of looking at it full all the time while I spend half the match in a constant state of CC/stuns/roots.

I am with you on this subject. On the naddist rebel server seems to me when i play against other Imperials and my resolve is full i dont get cc'd however when i play against the republic side. I am in a constant state of cc even when resolve is full white. There has to be some 3rd party resolve hack going on and there using it. This is probably the reason the ranked wz's have not been released as swtor cant figure out how to stop this. I am getting to the point of quitting this game. I still cant believe that the devs did not see this coming pre release and had no program in place to stop it.

Instead of messing up all the classes... maybe the focus should of been fixing resolve. Or at least REMOVE THE BAR.. I'm sick of looking at it full all the time while I spend half the match in a constant state of CC/stuns/roots.

Classes are fine, more balanced than alot of other mmo's, and im sure there working on it.... I'm sure constant complaints will help tho, really...

resolve is not broken, it is working as intended 100%. you thinking its broken leads me to believe you do not understand how it functions

this does not mean i support the resolve system. i think it is a great idea that was terribly implemented. but at this point in the game, there are greater concerns. if you have yet to learn to live with the amount of CC in PvP, it might be best to try another game

The resolve system is meant to be synonymous to diminishing returns you see in WoW. But when some abilities don't apply that's when its considered broken. The vast majority of players I see are some sort of ranged / ranged hybrid, so roots isn't much of an issue for them. But when you're a melee class, and you're waiting for that resolve bar to fill, when its full you break your cc just to get chain rooted. That's really broken. Its hardly worth playing a class that you can't use. If roots were included in resolve I think much of the complaining would die down.

This is one of my main gripes, they do all this changing and "class balancing" but they don't fix one of the biggest problems with PvP, the worthless resolve system. I spend more time cursing at my monitor b/c of this useless system than anything else. What is the purpose of a CC break if they can just CC, root and anything thing else to you right after you pop it.

The way resolve and CC is handled is probably one of the biggest things wrong with pvp, I've never seen a game that allowed you to stack CC's, you can be force choked and just before that wears off you can be flash banged and it will hold the duration for that too. Then if you're lucky enough and resolve actually works for you, here come all the juggs leaping int to root you then the snipers with leg shots...it's a freaking joke.

Nah I got better idea. GET rid of stun ability out of Strong professions like jug/jediknight, trooper/bh, sorc/sage, and assassin/shadow or replace the snare abilty for strong profs.., Leave stun abiltiy to weak profession like smuggler/officer. Problem solved...

I forget which game did it but they implemented a mechanic that put all CC's under the same diminishing return and got rid of a players ability to break it. You had to wait out the entire CC but once done you were immune to all CC's for a minute.

Of course this wouldn't be something you could implement with out scaling back dps.

Edited by Ancard

The resolve system is meant to be synonymous to diminishing returns you see in WoW. But when some abilities don't apply that's when its considered broken. The vast majority of players I see are some sort of ranged / ranged hybrid, so roots isn't much of an issue for them. But when you're a melee class, and you're waiting for that resolve bar to fill, when its full you break your cc just to get chain rooted. That's really broken. Its hardly worth playing a class that you can't use. If roots were included in resolve I think much of the complaining would die down.

As a melee, having Roots affected by Resolve would be a major plus.

Ending the CD on our CC breaker when we die would be my other suggestion. I can't tell you the number of times I eat the 2 stuns to pop my breaker like I'm supposed to, then get focused fired down, and being next to useless for the next 110 seconds.