Ty for one free days subscription

HiHoSilver

I dont usually post on forums but i have to tip my cap to Bioware/EA for what they have done. I mean i want to say thankyou, as an MMO player for many years this is the first time i have ever seen this done by giving out 1 day free time and they have put their hands up and apologized (which is rare in any MMO game). I may be wrong i cant be everywhere at the same time but just in my playing experience, so ty again. I think its an amazing game and congrats so far. Edited by HiHoSilver

NONSENSE

These are professionals and we shouldn't be in this spot in the first place. Measure twice cut once. How did they measure the second time and miss such large chunks of the game.

FAIL

Spend your time getting the game fixed and fun not the logistics of returning money. Give us all a new 120% mount in game if you want to appologize.

NONSENSE

These are professionals and we shouldn't be in this spot in the first place. Measure twice cut once. How did they measure the second time and miss such large chunks of the game.

FAIL

Spend your time getting the game fixed and fun not the logistics of returning money. Give us all a new 120% mount in game if you want to appologize.

Just shut up.

NONSENSE

FAIL

Minus the bonus mount idea, your right, but I cant think of another MMO company compensating their customers for their "Patches" expected or not. I haven't seen one yet so they earned some points in my book.

I gotta say thanks to bioware as well, wow has downtimes for longer than this and it's admins don't think about giving out free time, where as many of us have had 30 days free + the extra day for the downtime. Thank you Bioware

WoW used to do this back before TBC when it seemed every other week Wednesday would be unplayable. Then they realised that the sheep were hooked and just stuck two fingers up to their subscribers when they had to drop the servers for a day.

They do deserve some credit for this. First time I have experienced this sort of compensation for a downtime.

Their way of saying "Thanks for your patience" i guess. This and the 30 days free some of us will get. Sort of unexpected because, you know, EA has something to say when it comes to finances and we all know how EA tries to grab every last penny.

But nonetheless, Kudos BW!

NONSENSE

FAIL

come on man you try makeing an mmo like this itll be hard so yha of crouse they run in to trouble but most mmo will go "we had an patch and thats why you cant get on" but they said sorry and gave us free time bio is bomb!

What bugs me is when people complain that Bioware didn't learn any lessons from how Blizzard runs WoW and yet, one, unlike Blizzard Bioware didn't wait for the whole system to collapse before doing something; and two, they do stuff like this. When the fanboys on the WoW forums scream about something Blizzard laughs, counts their money and says "shut up whiners and pay your subscription." I strongly suspect the people whining about TOR claiming Blizzard can do no wrong are most likely the same people pitching hissy fits on the WoW forums about every little thing only with selective memory. Edited by malevolentmuse

NONSENSE

FAIL

How about the fact that this is their FIRST EVER MMO???? Ever think about that? Of course they're going to make mistakes. EVERY developer makes mistakes in the beginning, especially since MMOs are quite a bit different than offline games. Yes, the core programming is the same, but with all the variables to be taken into account because of the massive amounts of people who play, there is a LOT that can be missed on first check or even second check. They had a blonde moment. Friday the 13th hit them pretty badly. Stuff happens. Get over it. lol

Why should we be thinking any one for basically giving back what they took from us to start with ? But to top it off they are giving away 30 free days to select people, yes select people. If you have a level 50 you are apparently a VIP and have done something that is way special. Yes they have played one chtr to level 50 vice playing 6 chtrs so that you can experience as much of the game as possible. Thank them... No not at all ! They have simply tried to cover yet another Major FAIL.

Why should we be thinking any one for basically giving back what they took from us to start with ? But to top it off they are giving away 30 free days to select people, yes select people. If you have a level 50 you are apparently a VIP and have done something that is way special. Yes they have played one chtr to level 50 vice playing 6 chtrs so that you can experience as much of the game as possible. Thank them... No not at all ! They have simply tried to cover yet another Major FAIL.

ok if you say this stuff you shoulded play this game they do this becuse lvl 50 are peps who love thing game more then any thing else or where founders!!!!! god! :mad:

Why thank you. Now I really do feel special. :D

Btw, before you go blasting off at the mouth, you COULD have played 1 character to 50 first of all and THEN played more. So who is to blame here? BioWare because you couldn't make up your mind? Is it their fault, then? No, it isn't. If you want to assign blame for that, I suggest looking in the mirror when you do. Have a nice day now. :)

this is like the most nice mmo ive ever played so put your *** in your mouth most well not say enthing about it now biowaer i love you guys keep the games ervies and stuff like you did today keep on going aand you well be the best

ok if you say this stuff you shoulded play this game they do this becuse lvl 50 are peps who love thing game more then any thing else or where founders!!!!! god! :mad:

Just because they have a 50 does not mean they play more than any one else or that they are a founder. I play 3 to 5 hours every day and I am a Founder. I bring my chtrs up 10 levels at a time, playing each one in turn. How does that make me any less worthy of being called a valued player ?

As for those who claim no other MMO has given back time taken for patches or down time. You have forgotten that EQ and WOW both gave numerous free days for the exact same reasons.

Why thank you. Now I really do feel special. :D

Btw, before you go blasting off at the mouth, you COULD have played 1 character to 50 first of all and THEN played more. So who is to blame here? BioWare because you couldn't make up your mind? Is it their fault, then? No, it isn't. If you want to assign blame for that, I suggest looking in the mirror when you do. Have a nice day now. :)

Sorry I forgot that only you have the right to state your opinion.

Fully agree with the OP, Bioware. I have respect for a company that decides to be honest and own up to a mistake (as opposed to the cowards that lie and cover their tracks). The one free day is very kind. Considering a monthly subscription is 15 dollars, you can say a day is on average worth 50 cents. I have no idea exactly how many subs BW has at the moment, but if you say 2 million, for easy numbers.....this one day free is a 1 million dollar offering to the SWTOR population.

2000000(.5 dollars)= $1000000

Edited by KoranHorn

*blinks*

Wait, what?

You brought down the server all day, then DARED give us a free day's credit for your screwup?

MADNESS, I say, MADNESS.

((goofy sarcasm mode, BTW))

For the first time in ever, a MMORPG owns up to their mistake, and gives their players something for the inconvenience. Before, it was "oops, our bad. But because of how we worded out TOS, you get nothing for our screwup. can;t even sue us." from Blizzard, SOE, and other MMO makers.

Bioware, you may still make some bonehead moves, but at least you bite the bullet, own up to your mistake, and try to make up for it.

I dont usually post on forums but i have to tip my cap to Bioware/EA for what they have done. I mean i want to say thankyou, as an MMO player for many years this is the first time i have ever seen this done by giving out 1 day free time and they have put their hands up and apologized (which is rare in any MMO game). I may be wrong i cant be everywhere at the same time but just in my playing experience, so ty again. I think its an amazing game and congrats so far.

Pfft.. whatever... little late to apologize.

See you all in TERA !

Sorry I forgot that only you have the right to state your opinion.

No, it's a statement of fact. It's not BioWare's fault that you couldn't make up your mind. Is it? If so, please enlighten me as to exactly HOW they took control of your mind and made you jump between characters so much. Please, continue. :)