Warzone consumables unsustainable.

Haeso

It's quite simple - at 20 warzone comms per adrenal and medpack and earning average 70~ per warzone, nobody can afford them anymore. Biochem now has a larger advantage than it ever did before in PvP.

They need to bring back the reusable PvP adrenals/medpacks, drastically reduce the costs or remove consumables/reusables from PvP in general. The difference between a team willing to use expertise/medpack adrenals is enormous.

The only way to beat a remotely even team of biochemists is to spend twice the amount of warzone comms you'd be earning on PvP adrenals or dozens of times more than the amount of credits. It's not a big deal now where most of my games are easy wins against unorganized pugs and I don't need them, but once rated starts up it'll be a massive imbalance. I'm in favor of more cooldowns like the medpacks, but their cost is astronomical compared to what you earn now.

Edited by Haeso

The only way to beat a remotely even team of biochemists is to spend twice the amount of warzone comms you'd be earning on PvP adrenals or dozens of times more than the amount of credits.

Don't worry, when 1.2 hits bioware has said biochem won't be a must have profession anym.... oh wait...

The cost of pvp items went up despite the comm cap being raised, pretty bad for those levelling to buy level 20 and 40 gear.

You can't control how a warzone turns out, even if you're an exceptionally good player, you can't control what the 7 other players are doing on your team, we lost 600-0 in Alderaan last night and I just ragequit after that because I got 25 comms and 0 credit, I spent 120 comms for the heal stims prior to that match.

My level 50's are kinda broke now, contributing money into the guild bank, orange items/augments, repairs from Lost Island, etc. And the devs said somewhere not long ago that 90% of players in SWTOR didn't even have 1 million credits, I average 250K credits before I spend it, now I'm going to just do belsavis/corellia dailies before I go and do stuff, rinse & repeat over and over.

The cost is not sustainable. I bought a few hundred of each in the last week as a result of the imminent change in price. Hopefully, they rebalance the cost of stims and medpacks to correlate with the PVP commendations.

Well, if you downgrade the players income by 30% it only makes sense that you raise the price of consumables by 100%

...right?

So who is supposed to buy these? people maxed out on WM gear who aren't biochem? Becuase unlike before where I sacrificed 1/3 of my winnings(for an arguably inferior medpack) because I had the audacity to not take biochem, now I loose coms if I even try to compete. So you might as well give the wz button a

Requires: BIOCHEM(340)

Make them cost commendations OR credits I say. End-game PVP could use a money sink. Not a lot of credits, just enough to make it not trivial.

There is a money sink... spend 320k on Recruit gear and only get 1credit back out of it selling back, lol.. I don't think they've punished pvpers enough

It's quite simple - at 20 warzone comms per adrenal and medpack and earning average 70~ per warzone, nobody can afford them anymore. Biochem now has a larger advantage than it ever did before in PvP.

They need to bring back the reusable PvP adrenals/medpacks, drastically reduce the costs or remove consumables/reusables from PvP in general. The difference between a team willing to use expertise/medpack adrenals is enormous.

The only way to beat a remotely even team of biochemists is to spend twice the amount of warzone comms you'd be earning on PvP adrenals or dozens of times more than the amount of credits. It's not a big deal now where most of my games are easy wins against unorganized pugs and I don't need them, but once rated starts up it'll be a massive imbalance. I'm in favor of more cooldowns like the medpacks, but their cost is astronomical compared to what you earn now.

this is a problem and should pvp consumables be allowed in rated wz's it will be downright unfair at the current costs

the average coms, i'm guessing about 60ish, allows you to purchase 3 of them per wz

the rate that you use them is much greater than that - meaning a team can easily get an advantage (think rated) by stocking up on them and then "burst" using them.

the cost needs to be reduced to make them more accessible to everyone, or they need to be removed

otherwise they will be used to provide teams an unfair advantage, especially in the coming rated wz's

The cost of pvp items went up despite the comm cap being raised, pretty bad for those levelling to buy level 20 and 40 gear.

You can't control how a warzone turns out, even if you're an exceptionally good player, you can't control what the 7 other players are doing on your team, we lost 600-0 in Alderaan last night and I just ragequit after that because I got 25 comms and 0 credit, I spent 120 comms for the heal stims prior to that match.

My level 50's are kinda broke now, contributing money into the guild bank, orange items/augments, repairs from Lost Island, etc. And the devs said somewhere not long ago that 90% of players in SWTOR didn't even have 1 million credits, I average 250K credits before I spend it, now I'm going to just do belsavis/corellia dailies before I go and do stuff, rinse & repeat over and over.

ouch, i have yet to see a 600-0 victory/loss

my guildies and i came close once, but not quite

i'm also in the broke category currently, but that should subside as the essential credit sinks are filled

the reward issue with warzones highlights other issues along with being a problem of its own

i agree they should be put back down to 10 comms...

but i've found that in my 3 wz wins today, i didn't use them once, i just used my re useable biochem heal...

damage was up so either i used the biochem heal or just died...

so i gained 370 comms and didn't use any on wz heals...

/shrug

Consumables are a luxury item. Are they over priced? Who can say. Are they 100% necessary? Of course not. I think 10 Comms or 1k credits per would be fairer, but, whatever.

I am not mad about it, it is a game for fun after all.

Consumables are a luxury item. Are they over priced? Who can say. Are they 100% necessary? Of course not. I think 10 Comms or 1k credits per would be fairer, but, whatever.

I am not mad about it, it is a game for fun after all.

Ofcoure they're not necessary, but currently the people that win gain more advantage over the people that lose. So the gap between bad/average & good will significantly increase until they sort this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm rarely using the stims because imo I don't need them, but this price increase is just ridiculous

Are warzone consumable heals limited to 1 per fight like Biochem now is?

If not, there's your advantage over biochems.

yes they are, and dont expect any fight last 90 seconds anyway, most fights are over 10 seconds.

They mode biochem "not a must" by changing it so that you can only use the biochem healing stim only once, then you have to die to be able to use it again.

No, you just gotta drop combat, lol.

The entire consumables saga has been a complete screwup from the start. If you're at a massive disadvantage, and I mean massive, if you don't pop them like candy that's terrible game design. Unfortunately nothing BW has done so far changed that. I'm not sure they even see the actual problem, stacking huge buffs on short cooldowns and some of them even with unlimited uses should never have been in the game and it should most definitely not have made it past any sort of PvP testing. What the f*** where they thinking ?

The effects of consumables need to be lowered drastically, so they provide an advantage, but do not decide the outcome of a fight. There is no other way. Fiddling with prices and cooldowns ( within a reasonable limit ) will not solve the issue but rather cause additional problems.