Pvp Spec Assassin

Donruud

Post this in assassins forum, Im sure you will get trolled and flamed.

I'm a balance shadow so I don't play tank spec because its boring

But the spec is 31/0/10 darkness specced and wear dps gear

Edited by jbuschell

I prefer 24/0/17

Shocks hit just as hard with only 24 in Darkness. With 17 in Madness you gain 50% crit damage on thrash (which you use all the time for energize), instant Whirlwind, and a 30m AOE. The last 2 are amazingly good for objectives in WZs. A Sin without them is far less useful. I can't count how many times my WW helped someone cap a turret or save an ally, and how many times my death field has stopped multiple people from capping when they were 30m+ away.

31 darkness is more of a PVE thing.

Edited by Havocx

I prefer 24/0/17

agreed, the main advantage of 31/0/10 is that your PVE tank spec is very close to the PVP spec so you can do both pretty effectively. especially when it comes to defending points or carrying the ball. though ideally you should have 2 sets of gear.

Edited by Meeth

I prefer 24/0/17

Shocks hit just as hard with only 24 in Darkness. With 17 in Madness you gain 50% crit damage on thrash (which you use all the time for energize), instant Whirlwind, and a 30m AOE. The last 2 are amazingly good for objectives in WZs. A Sin without them is far less useful. I can't count how many times my WW helped someone cap a turret or save an ally, and how many times my death field has stopped multiple people from capping when they were 30m+ away.

Can you provide a link to this PvP spec you are talking about?

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrokrskdsZZf0cM.1

Use this and use the pure stalker set and you will be able to hit 4k+2k shocks while still keeping most of your survivability. (Use a shield not a focus)

i highly doubt you're landing consistent 4k shocks plus their 2k chain. screen shot this, or it did not happen. Sorry, but even with relics, adrenals, recklessness i still don't believe you

not to mention with pure stalker set?? lol ok, pure implying lack of custom modding, absolutely not. Even with custom modding, pre 1.2 still not happening. Post 1.2...still not happening

just go 31/0/10 an go mixed gear, means u should buy all things u can with crit/surge and the survivor set but change the mods to crit/surge or power/surge and use a focus!

guard ur heal or maro in the team so u get +5% dmg from set and just rule every WZ ...

u do great AoE dmg with wither + discharge AND debuff the team! with high crit/surge ratings u can easily take out a heal in 1on1 and your schock and assasinate still crit for 3,5k - 4k+ and you survive much longer than any other Sinq in the WZ because of selfheal ...

I play 18/23/0. It is not for the faint of heart.

This spec is not for everyone and I think most people would call it gimp. In my opinion, it takes much more "skill" to play than the Darkness spec and the results are not always consistent.

the good:

10.4 force regen / sec out of stealth, 14.4 in stealth or with dark embrace which can be triggered out of stealth with blackout. I rarely run out of power.

I can spam 3 - 4 mauls in a row and b/c of surging charge, if the maul proc is up, I can hit for over 4k weapon dmg and if i use overcharge saber, the surging charge proc can do 1k extra. Without the maul proc, crits are anywhere from 2200 - 4k depending on the target.

You can still do the thrash, thrash, shock, maul combo too.

Vanish is amazing for resetting a fight and getting back force regen mid fight if blackout is down.

Low slash

Internal dmg discharge which I feel is overlooked a lot. Internal dmg bypasses most types of dmg reduction.

Increased stealth level and increased stealth detection level.

the bad:

Dependent on crits since the sustained dmg isn't s great.

Darkness sins or the shadow equivalent are hard to kill

Squishy

Burst dmg is positional dependent

Various other downsides.

If you like consistency and you don't want to work too hard for your kills, play 31/0/10. It is really buff and you can kill anything, but, imo, it gets boring.

i highly doubt you're landing consistent 4k shocks plus their 2k chain. screen shot this, or it did not happen. Sorry, but even with relics, adrenals, recklessness i still don't believe you

not to mention with pure stalker set?? lol ok, pure implying lack of custom modding, absolutely not. Even with custom modding, pre 1.2 still not happening. Post 1.2...still not happening

seconded. you won't hit 4k shocks at all with this spec. 4k shocks weren't even the norm in deception spec against others in BM gear (unless you popped everything).

its quite doable my record was 5.3k wich I did SS just because it was, well a record for me.

5.3k Shock Crit

Yes it was a on a badly geared sorc, but point beeing getting 4k+ shocks is very commen for me on geared players.

Edited by upzie

I go 26/0/15. It gives access to a lot of utility that is essential for pvp. One of the most important skills I find in this build is that your electrocute and spike will put a debuff on the player, which increases the amount of damage that player receives by 9% over the duration of electrocute and spike. This may seem small, but when you need to burst healers, it is quite useful. All players on your team will receive the damage increase so it makes even the toughest healers...mercs and troopers fall in 4-6 seconds with 3 competent dps.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rcrokrskdsZZf0cM.1

Use this and use the pure stalker set and you will be able to hit 4k+2k shocks while still keeping most of your survivability. (Use a shield not a focus)

If your using a shield then your gimping yourself DPS for defense that is nonexistant in PVP.

TL;DR

DONT USE A SHIELD KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!

are we also gimping ourselves if we focus on defense rating in pvp? if so why?

It used to be definitely a bad idea, but now there are more white damage based classes in 1.2 (Marauders and Snipers) so it might be a good idea in certain matchups. Still, you're trading defense for offense and generally each % of defense you get is offset by an equal loss in offense %, and honestly you don't actually want to be too hard to kill unless your only duty is Huttball runner, because then people might just give up and attack someone else who is almost certainly way easier to kill than you, which puts your team at a disadvantage. Any damage that goes to an Assassin in Dark Charge is basically a positive because there's virtually no class capable of being a threat that can withstand damage better.

its quite doable my record was 5.3k wich I did SS just because it was, well a record for me.

5.3k Shock Crit

Yes it was a on a badly geared sorc, but point beeing getting 4k+ shocks is very commen for me on geared players.

I look at this screen shot and cant figure out how you got shut out in Voidstar with that much damage and healing on your team, am I missing something?

I look at this screen shot and cant figure out how you got shut out in Voidstar with that much damage and healing on your team, am I missing something?

To actually bomb a well defended position you need multiple people acting as decoys and those guys generally feed into the enemy's numbers. If you have more than 2 healers, you usually won't be able to defeat a good team that has at least one healer just because you won't have enough DPS. Yes you might get a lot of kills but it takes only one guy to stop the cap.

Sometimes spamming random dmg doesnt win you games funny enough, queueing in pugs does that to you, even if you got great dmg.

In short bad teamplay from the team I was on, wich is also the reason I do not really queue solo these days, cant handle the lack of team play.

Sometimes spamming random dmg doesnt win you games funny enough, queueing in pugs does that to you, even if you got great dmg.

In short bad teamplay from the team I was on, wich is also the reason I do not really queue solo these days, cant handle the lack of team play.

Is this one of those 'everyone go left' teams? They make great screenshots, but not necessarily good for winning.

Is this one of those 'everyone go left' teams? They make great screenshots, but not necessarily good for winning.

only reason I did the SS was because of the 5.3k crit, as I all ready mentioned was a record crit on my part. The game it self was horrid, and the SS is not really that impressive outside the crit.

For those brag SS's I prefere them such as this or this

Both premades, where we absolutly destroy the enemy, mind both are premade vs premade.

Edited by upzie

only reason I did the SS was because of the 5.3k crit, as I all ready mentioned was a record crit on my part. The game it self was horrid, and the SS is not really that impressive outside the crit.

For those brag SS's I prefere them such as this or this

Both premades, where we absolutly destroy the enemy, mind both are premade vs premade.

Oh I wasn't talking about why it was or wasn't a good game, I just notice that most of my great Voidstar screenshot games are some variant of 'everyone go left' and wonder if that's a common theme.

I understand that and wasnt ripping on him, but witht that kind of damage backed up with that kind of healing and NO healing on the other side, pug or not I dont see how you werent able to burn through them fast enough to cap at least one door. The numbers just dont make sense. If it was all healing vs healing thats one thing, but in this case it was not.

The only thing I guess I can attribute it to was no one was attempting to get doors.