GTN on the ship...

Morphlingx

I really feel that they dropped the ball on this one. With a 5 million credit cost you have effectively limited the players who have it to a smaller percentage than the 20% you said have over 700,000 credits. While I am one of these players, I have no intention or wasting the credits on this. This would be no big deal if it truly were a mere convenience thing. However this is a Neutral GTN. Neutral. As in, this GTN is useless because 80% of the population has no interest in going to Nar Shadda to see that that upper 20% put in at high prices. They are going to go to the Fleet to see what the other "poor" folks put in.

Think about this. I may not be able to convey this correctly. I have heard the phrase "when everyone gets it" thrown around. If in 3 months if 80% of the population of level 50's has not reached 15% of the credits needed then the odds are this feature is NOT for the masses. So the "rich" folks have access to a more or less worthless GTN.

My suggestion is to either put an IMP/Pub GTN on the ships as well, add a N GTN kiosk to Fleet (no clue what you Pubs call it sorry), OR just convert everything to a N GTN. (I favor the latter)

TL;DR Why buy a totally useless GTN for 5,000,000?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't want it, don't buy it. That's what I'm doing.

I'm sure Bioware has all sorts of metrics keeping track of what buys/sells. Trivially easy for them to see if anybody is buying this.

If it's not sucking the desired number of credits out of the system... they'll change it.

I was excited for the neutral AH to become more popular when I thought it was legacy 25 OR 5 mil, as legacy 25 Isn't such a huge hurdle. Adding the 5 mil pricetag, coupled with the ability to cross faction mail effectively killed any remaining activity the neutral gtn will ever see.

At the Guild Summit, which was only a little over a month ago, the developers stated that the vast majority of users had less than 700k across their whole account.

This begs the question, how would a 5Mil credit price tag be feasible to more than a couple percent of the population. And then, why would that couple percent buy a neutral GTN that is pretty much worthless to them, considering the neutral GTN's are barren.

While I personally could scrape it together across my account, I really don't see a reason to do so.

What they should have done, instead of making it a "neutral" one, is make it a link between the 2 faction GTNs. That would have been well worth 5 mil credits, at least to me anyway ...

I can agree with this. At least this would give it a use.

One of the chief complaints about this game's economy is that there aren't enough people to use the GTN. If enough people get the ship GTN then effectively you increase the available users trading. This in itself is a good idea. They just need to decrease the price by a lot.

What they should have done, instead of making it a "neutral" one, is make it a link between the 2 faction GTNs. That would have been well worth 5 mil credits, at least to me anyway ...

Yep. Make it show auctions on both GTNs simulatenously, and make it post to both simultaneously. Now that would be worth some credits. The only use for a neutral GTN would be to transfer items across factions, and now you can do that using the mail.

One of the chief complaints about this game's economy is that there aren't enough people to use the GTN. If enough people get the ship GTN then effectively you increase the available users trading. This in itself is a good idea. They just need to decrease the price by a lot.

I agree, or remove the price if they want the N GTN to go somewhere.

i've easily spent well over 5mil in credits. Getting credits in TOR is NOT hard at ANY level. Quit crying already.

The money isn't the problem here. The fact that it's 5mil credits on something that is completely useless.

Please, troll somewhere else.

Cross faction mail?

I know you're able to mail Bind-to-Legacy stuff across the factions, but are you able to mail credits and regular items to your characters on the opposite faction?

Yes you can mail any non bound item to your cross faction characters. I mailed just credits last night to verify.

id buy that for a dollar.............literally im with ya on this one i WOULD buy a gtn that was connected to republic and empire gtn that WOULD be worth 5 mill and id pay it in a heartbeat.

If it is true that the neutral GTN was useless until now, it WILL become more and more usefull as more people buy those.

You want a faction GTN? There's plenty on the Fleet.

Why would more and more people buy a useless GTN? You're missing the point. Very few people will buy it as is.

They can't even figure out how to get two people on the same speeder, and you wanted a cross linked GTN between neutral and faction? You may as well ask them to perfect cold fusion.