Fastest effective leveling spec

Seveanyth

It would have to be Concealment. The vast majority of the mobs you'll fight are normal and strong. You'll kill them quick with Concealment. Lethality does good damage to higher-Health targets, it's not good for switching targets like you'll be doing most of the time. Medic gives up dps for heals which isn't necessary in leveling - Lokin can handle the heals.

It would have to be Concealment. The vast majority of the mobs you'll fight are normal and strong. You'll kill them quick with Concealment. Lethality does good damage to higher-Health targets, it's not good for switching targets like you'll be doing most of the time. Medic gives up dps for heals which isn't necessary in leveling - Lokin can handle the heals.

However you dont get Lokin until ~36, which is about the same time Concealment starts to really shine. Personally I was a hybrid healer until I got Lokin, but I wasnt trying to level as quickly as possible. Golds will give you some problems early on, but just remember that you can kite fairly well if you need to.

I am somewhat new and I rolled up an agent and went ops, due to advice in game. What is the best ops tree to level with as far as speed and survivability?

IMO: Medicine. Why, you might ask?

1) By far, the most effective method of generating XP is completing missions.

2) By far, the largest sink of your time is traveling, not the speed at which you kill MOBs.

3) A properly played medicine spec'd Operative is able to tackle far tougher enemies. Once you get crowd control abilities, you'll be able to solo heroic 2 missions without excessive difficulty. You'll also be far better able to group effectively with other people leveling, giving you easy access to Heroic 2-4s.

4) Medicine's normal damage output is still quite high, and the downtime is virtually non-existent. Liberal use of backstab and shiv on weaker targets, and adding in corrosive dart on stronger ones, will cut your enemies down to size.

I found the healing tree to be really boring for leveling. You have no really great TA abilities for damage, and you have to keep HoTs up constantly for best effect. It's steady, but also very slow and boring when it comes to killing. You have to REALLY deck out your companion for this, too, and even then I didn't find Kaliyo to be all that great at killing. Just got Vector, so he might have been a better option. The whole thing just felt super micromanage-y.

Concealment has been the most fun, but that's also an opinion. It was relatively fast with little downtime, too.

I found the healing tree to be really boring for leveling. You have no really great TA abilities for damage, and you have to keep HoTs up constantly for best effect. It's steady, but also very slow and boring when it comes to killing. You have to REALLY deck out your companion for this, too, and even then I didn't find Kaliyo to be all that great at killing. Just got Vector, so he might have been a better option. The whole thing just felt super micromanage-y.

Concealment has been the most fun, but that's also an opinion. It was relatively fast with little downtime, too.

Yes with concealment you get 1 more whole attack, which won't get into your rotation except on golds. (Actually with backstab becoming a 12 second CD not having it might be annoying today, pre 1.2 for levelling content not having it was irrelevent to rotation. basically you healed/cleansed your tank in that rotation slot on golds only as trash dies to 1 hackstab/HS nade to position outreach mob with clump carbine burst plus kaliyo's aoe attacks. Regardless of spec this is true. Trash kill time is or was irrelevant in all specs pre 1.2.

Gold kill time cocneal can do faster with their extra attack medic does safer then having finished the quest you call the shuttle and turn them in.

Honestly you can probably spec either conceal or med and do fine. Lethalities special of a dot nade doesn't strike me as facilitative in gold fights could be wrong.

3) A properly played medicine spec'd Operative is able to tackle far tougher enemies. Once you get crowd control abilities, you'll be able to solo heroic 2 missions without excessive difficulty.

DPS Specs can solo Heroic 2 quests as well.

I didn't find Kaliyo to be all that great at killing. Just got Vector, so he might have been a better option. The whole thing just felt super micromanage-y.

Vector is a DPS companion so he works a lot better with Medic. It is a bit more micromanagement than a DPS spec, for the majority of fights you'll just be DPSing while keeping your HoT up.

I personally prefer Concealment for leveling, but Medic or Medic-Hybrid works just as well.

I have level conceal for kill speed but took 2 pts in med for kolto injection to give TA that's a lifer saver in a tight spot for sure. I can see full med with 3x kolto probes on you and ur companion would be good as well for leveling. Get 11 pts in med then go conceal once you get hidden strike and acid blade go full conceal is also sweet the damage of AB/HS makes short work of a lot of things.

IMO: Medicine. Why, you might ask?

1) By far, the most effective method of generating XP is completing missions.

2) By far, the largest sink of your time is traveling, not the speed at which you kill MOBs.

3) A properly played medicine spec'd Operative is able to tackle far tougher enemies. Once you get crowd control abilities, you'll be able to solo heroic 2 missions without excessive difficulty. You'll also be far better able to group effectively with other people leveling, giving you easy access to Heroic 2-4s.

4) Medicine's normal damage output is still quite high, and the downtime is virtually non-existent. Liberal use of backstab and shiv on weaker targets, and adding in corrosive dart on stronger ones, will cut your enemies down to size.

I have leveled up using both trees. Concealment is faster.

1) Concealment lets you more efficiently stealth through quests to objectives with the Infiltration talent and better CS.

2) This is largely true due to stealth, which again is better with Concealment and CS.

3) Concealment can solo heroics as well, especially those that can be stealthed. Grouping up to complete heroics is usually NOT efficient, as you will have difficulty finding a group and non-stealthers tend to slow you down in efficiency.

4) Not true. Medicine Ops have no real rotation without Lacerate and are left far too often using subpar abilities. At level 40, Acid Blade blows heal-specced Ops out of the water.

Fastest is Concealment, by far. You can get away with hybrid heals until mid-30s though, but by level 40 full-concealment is the way to go.