The end of Sage Consulars!

Mauseke

From being addicted to my Sage to a prolly not being played char.

We all knew it would come to this point.

From being a tophealer, to the baddest healer in the game.

A char what was great to play to something what isnt able to compete to any other healingclass anymore!

Its sad to destroy a class like this. nothing of what it was is left of it.

I will concider to lvl an other char, but the chance to that is low.

I would like to know what other ppl think about this class.

Or do you have any idea how to play the class now??

Well share your ideas here. I am intrested in your oppinions!!

Let the force be with us ;)

Shugah!

However, I don't have them heal spec'd and they are only level 40 at the moment. I haven't been able to get into game due to the craziness of the past couple days of SWTOR mus-queues, but I don't think anything is enough to sack a toon over until you figure out how it works with the changes.

I have friends doing all the endgame stuff - who were all in raids last night and I didn't see them complaining about the sage healers.

Logged on after 1.2 to do a few things. Organized my family tree and then tried the new FP in HM with my 50 sage healer.

It wasnt as bad as I expected. I mostly had to change my rotation. Heals simply came out a bit slower.... Which is alright because IMO they came out too fast pre 1.2. I could keep a team alive in the most dire of circumstance.... I'm talking about tank just got cc'd and a dps just got pushed into a massive mob of golds in an HM, dire circumstance. That should be a wipe. I'll admit that I was pretty damn skilled with healing with my sage, but there were situations were we dun goof'd too hard and there simply shouldnt be a way to get out of it.

The sage/sorc heals could be pumped out far too fast, now its leveled off a bit and is decent.

I play a Corruption Inquisitor and I agree. I mostly PVP on this toon, so I can't speak for any of the changes/damage done to PvE'ers healers. They have completely destroyed my healing in warzones. I do not wish to make an alt, or play another role. This is what I'm good at, this is what I like to do and I am just useless. I was already a walking target in a warzone being a healer. My server is Empire heavy and usually the queue lands me in Huttball, where I'm playing against the folks who I just healed through the last battle. They know I heal, they target me first if they're playing smart. Since 1.2 I can't heal more than 100k in a warzone (and STILL manage to top the healing charts). Spells are interrupted and I can't heal through the damage i'm taking, much less heal anyone else through it. Not to mention, there was no diminishing returns on the chain stuns I still find myself locked in.

I knew from reading the test realm forums on this patch that Sorcerer healing was going to go straight down the toilet, so I unsubbed a while ago. I don't want an alt. I want my guy, that I took the time to get to rank 65 and gear in full Battlemaster (which is useless now anyway).

I hope they revert the patch. These changes are unacceptable and I know I won't be playing until my Sorcerer is viable. Adding 30 days to my game time does not change my mind, in fact it infuriates me. It's like they're doing it to say "see, we still have X number of active accounts, even after out disastrous patch."

I hope they fix it. I enjoy the PvP'ers on my server, and I enjoyed healing in this game. It was really fun, but I'm not going to go through all the nonsense I went through being a Holy Paladin in Wow.

Okay, let the trolling begin...

Edited by ChaosLenny

Well tbh, i still can do 500k+ heal on Voidstar, but what makes me cry, that i'm absolutely fragile. If anyone wants my sage dead, he can do it in a 4-30 seconds, depends only on class of killer.

My mood to play this glass healer is downed to the ground.

As i could see you are all talking pve wise.. pvp wise sages cant heal hard enough anymore,

No more reduced casttimes, which you need to keep any target up.

You could use smaller healand bit faster heal, but as it sais itselves, samller but faster but not strong enough to outheal any kind of incomming dmg. Not even being spammed.

a 2.5-2.2 cast is not doable coz of to many reasons we all pvp'ers know what it is.

a fast heal that does not enough healing at incomming dmg is pointles too.

that leaves us with a channeling heal, a bublle that is being absorbed fast anyway with incomming dmg and a small heal over time...

Is it the point that warzones dont have healers anymore?

Not being able to outheal hard incomming dmg makes this class and other healingclasses too, completely pointless in that part of the game I love the most.

...!

The point is that coordinated PvP/PvE with tanks taking damage, DPS doing pew pew and healers healing was, is and always will be the way to win. It had gotten to a point that coordinated play could be negated by just running a high % healers who could dps and heal themselves enough to also be tanks. I understand the changes.

When it really is 1:1 with equivalent gear (and it rarely is), then it is about interrupts, bubbles, heals, knockbacks, dots, instacast damage, etc. The tools are still there.

The point is that coordinated PvP/PvE with tanks taking damage, DPS doing pew pew and healers healing was, is and always will be the way to win. It had gotten to a point that coordinated play could be negated by just running a high % healers who could dps and heal themselves enough to also be tanks. I understand the changes.

When it really is 1:1 with equivalent gear (and it rarely is), then it is about interrupts, bubbles, heals, knockbacks, dots, instacast damage, etc. The tools are still there.

That healers could do enough dmg to kill a target or if they are seen as tank, has nothing to the pont coz they are healers.. they could easy nerf the dmg that healers do without touching the healingabillities they were designed for in the first way.

Or increase the amouth of force being used by a healing spell.. .

This is about being a healingclass who can NOT compete to any other healingclass in the game anymore and not being able to keep a target up when dmg is incomming.

As a healer you have the JOB to keep ur partymembers up. Pve wise i can handle fine, pvp wise i can not keep a target up. Heals take to long to cast, your partymember will die.

The other heals are not strong enough to get even with the incomming dmg and again your target dies.

Isnt it the point that a healer can outheal dmg? If not than skip all healers from the game and give all other classes more defensive cooldowns.

...!!

Edited by Mauseke

Here's our solution, considering everyone who's saying that healing is manageable in the 1.2 SWTOR world.

Remove Deliverance from our abilities all together and restore NS and Consumption back to its pre 1.2 state.

Fixes the double dipping bug. Fixes the 1.3 second cast heals that can bump 10k in healing or more in less than 3 seconds. No more 32 force expended 5k+ single heal.

FA = 65 force, Benevolence = 46 force, HT = 40 force, Rejuvinate = 30 force, Salv = 91 force

So, if in one rotation we're burning Rejuv, FA, Benev, HT (or some combination of it) we've just eaten 181 of our available force in a standard rotation. We hit NS and gain back 52 of that and possibly 32 points from our passive force regen mechanic. So we still seem to be in a deficit of 97 force or 1/6 of our available resource.

Since we'd be burning force faster, NS and it's mirror have to be a part of our rotation or we go OOF very very quickly. This would seem to eliminate the the infinite force problem from pre 1.2 NS/Consumption, in theory.

It would also solve the question of why even have a heal available that as it currently stands we really won't use anyway because it takes too long to cast.

Now we just need BW to buy into it. lol

Edited by Edoniltebaun

I'm only 40 and 18tk, 13seer.

Pre 1.2 I had rejuvenate but had not picked up conveyance yet and had little trouble healing in PVP just using bubble and deliverance. Recently i got rejuvenate and with the respec moved the skills around and got conveyance(2).

I pvp'd last night and server pop was low so might not be a good example but i had a hard time staying alive as well as keeping others alive. Since I didn't use conveyance before these healing changes should not have affected me much. Unless they boosted some DPS that other classes were doing? I still made 2nd on the stats board at the end, but I definitely felt a lot squishier than before.

Before patch 1.2, i was able to push out 300k healing in a warzone (eccept hutball)

In these same warzone i have trouble reaching 100k healing.

This means 65% of our healing capacity is taken away while there is more dmg incomming since some classes are buffed dps wise.

Benevolence heals with a crit about 1700 1.4 sec to cast

Deliverance heals about 2500 with no crit 2.4 sec to cast

3600 with a crit.

thats roughly 2000 healing we miss.

Rejuvenate gave us 1 sec reduce cast time on deliverance after being used wile deliverance costs high amounth of force. (pre 1.2)This we miss out now.

This was our only way to make sure we were able to deal with incomming dmg.

Now after 1.2

Deliverance his force cost is reduced by 30% after using revju, but it take 2.4 sec to cast. which take to long with incomming dmg. Like this we skip that spel. And second point to this spell is.. Why giving another the chance to reduce the force cost of a spell that you wont use after all... That 2 messes in 1 spell.

This leaves us with benevolence that only heals for 1k to 1.1 k if it not crits. while the dmg you take is much higher.

We can boost that spel by 60% critchance ( doent not mean it will crit)

Even if it crits.. it will not outheal the incomming dmg.

Also we have healing trance. A channeling spell that trows 4 small heals in 3 sec.

the small heals doing about 700-800 healing times 4.

Again 700-800 healing can no compete the even more dmg you take.

1 incomming channel from 700-800 healing is lower than the incomming dmg.

IMO i can say to all who say this is in balance..

You only say that coz you can not play your class and are happy you can kill atleast something now(apart from the mobs you killed during questing) which you could not do before patch 1.2

I am not lvl 50 yet, and really doubting to get there.

I know from all the ppl i spoke who plays thee same class as me think the same.

Some dumped that char.. some even deleted it.. some stoped playing some rerolling other class.

Anyway

Thats how the cookie crumbles.

Edited by Mauseke