For the love of all thats holy, take the credit cost away from pulling mods!

AGSThomas

Not only do I have to spend a one time bonus of 500k credits to get to look the way I want by pulling out all the mods of crappy looking armor to decent looking armor. But, every subsequent upgrade that I receive needs another 100k (33k times 3 mods) investment. This is just stupid and poorly designed. Edited by AGSThomas

Not only do I have to spend a one time bonus of 500k credits to get to look the way I want by pulling out allt he mods of crappy looking armor to decent looking armor. But, every subsequent upgrade that I receive needs to another 100k (33k times 3 mods) investment. This is just stupid and poorly designed.

They should just create a "cheaper in bulk" feature. So pulling 3/4 mods out separately is more expensive than doing doing them all at once.

They should just create a "cheaper in bulk" feature. So pulling 3/4 mods out separately is more expensive than doing doing them all at once.

decent idea, although it would probably take 3 months to implement and crash all the servers.

Edited by AGSThomas

Learning to save would solve this problem.

I'm not that familiar with the game, but seems like 33k mods are high quality purple mods. That's means you are an end-game player and should have access to good income.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. You want ultimate power? It's gonna cost you.

I would also like a refund for the 500k I spent to look the way I want only to lose all of my set bonuses. Absurd.

I was under the impression that the set bonuses were supposed to remain intact if you did this?

I noticed last night when I pulled the mods out of my PvP chest and put it in an Orange chest, the chest part of the PvP bonus went gray ... implying that it wasn't carrying the bonus aspect over.

This didn't fix anything. I still will need to use the gear for the set bonuses and will still look like everyone else.

Also ... whomever designed the Jedi Consular War Hero gear, needs to be fired ... immediately.

I'm not that familiar with the game, but seems like 33k mods are high quality purple mods. That's means you are an end-game player and should have access to good income.

You cannot have your cake and eat it too. You want ultimate power? It's gonna cost you.

Yea ultimate power.. or the ability to keep up with the stupid amount of credit sinks in this game. I dont have 12 hours a day to grind credits. I get to play 3-4 nights a week and most of its spent raiding, doing world bosses, HM FPs or datacrons. You know the fun stuff about the game. Grinding credits is not fun and this game is forcing me to do it if I want to look the way I want. Its just stupid and poorly designed. They are literally penalizing you for wanting to have a different look. Dont get me started on the stupid amount of credits it takes for the "fun" features of the legacy. This patch was made for rich people obviously.

I would also like a refund for the 500k I spent to look the way I want only to lose all of my set bonuses. Absurd.

Ya, except they explained that the set bonuses wouldn't carry over before the patch went live.

Also, it's called a money sink. Helps keep inflation down. Econ 101.

I was under the impression that the set bonuses were supposed to remain intact if you did this?

I noticed last night when I pulled the mods out of my PvP chest and put it in an Orange chest, the chest part of the PvP bonus went gray ... implying that it wasn't carrying the bonus aspect over.

This didn't fix anything. I still will need to use the gear for the set bonuses and will still look like everyone else.

Also ... whomever designed the Jedi Consular War Hero gear, needs to be fired ... immediately.

Yes, currently its not carrying over, and I just know they are going to stay something stupid like, "oh we meant set bonus' from post 1.2 gear. I thought that would have been common knowledge LOL sorry"

Unfortunately you cant fire someone that doesnt work for your company. They outsource their art. Probably to a company that has no experience in art or design.

Edited by AGSThomas

Ya, except they explained that the set bonuses wouldn't carry over before the patch went live.

Also, it's called a money sink. Helps keep inflation down. Econ 101.

Everything I read and saw stated that the set bonuses were tied to the Armoring mod. So in 1.2, when you pull out your armoring mod you could put it into a same slot piece of gear (head slot Rakata to a head slot moddable piece) and your set bonus would be on that new modded piece of gear.

I just started working on some augment slotted orange gear and now it appears that the set bonus isn't tied to the armorming mod from Rakata or BM gear?

I hope this is an unintended bug......What's the point of being able to choose armor based on appearance if your set bonus doesn't carry over?

I didnt buy any color crystals, couldnt afford them.

How do I have 10 million credits and still growing even with the costs? I used GTN, Especcially Cross faction thanks to the Hutt space.

Good luck read up on some marketing strategies, capitalism is great, exploit it like a third world nation.

On ajunta Pall no one uses cross faction so my sales are outragous and someone, somewhere is buying my stock because I'm one of the few who actually uses it.

Edited by ShredderStatus

Yes, currently its not carrying over, and I just know they are going to stay something stupid like, "oh we meant set bonus' from post 1.2 gear. I thought that would have been common knowledge LOL sorry"

Unfortunately you cant fire someone that doesnt work for your company. They outsource their art. Probably to a company that has no experience in art or design.

Actually they explained it a few times that the armor mods carry set bonuses only for post 1.2 gear. All the previous gear the set bonus is still in the shell.

Not biowares fault you can use the forums to whine but not to read. :p

No, they need to keep the cost in. The more credit sinks they have in this game, the slower the inflation rate will be, keeping the cost of things down.

I've been down that road where inflation rates skyrocket because of a lack of sinks, and one year into the game, the prices went up by 5x what they were when the market settled after launch. A year later, things were 20x the post-launch price. See what happens when there aren't enough credit sinks?

I'd much rather be broke and still able to afford stuff than have millions and still be barely able to afford the simplest of things.

If the costs aren't this high, how will the gold farmers feed their families? They work hard all day spamming fleet and mail with advertisements, and you want to shut down their markets. Won't you please think of the little gold farmer children?

Indeed.

Fashion costs too...

How do I have 10 million credits and still growing even with the costs? I used GTN, Especcially Cross faction thanks to the Hutt space.

Good luck read up on some marketing strategies, capitalism is great, exploit it like a third world nation.

Come to Rwookrorro and try using the GTN to make money :rolleyes:

If the costs aren't this high, how will the gold farmers feed their families? They work hard all day spamming fleet and mail with advertisements, and you want to shut down their markets. Won't you please think of the little gold farmer children?

I love reporting them every time they send one of my toons an email. :D

Yea ultimate power.. or the ability to keep up with the stupid amount of credit sinks in this game. I dont have 12 hours a day to grind credits. I get to play 3-4 nights a week and most of its spent raiding, doing world bosses, HM FPs or datacrons. You know the fun stuff about the game. Grinding credits is not fun and this game is forcing me to do it if I want to look the way I want. Its just stupid and poorly designed. They are literally penalizing you for wanting to have a different look. Dont get me started on the stupid amount of credits it takes for the "fun" features of the legacy. This patch was made for rich people obviously.

Looking good is not a requirement to do all those "fun stuff".

You want to rip out mods to look good in your favourite orange gear? Pay for it like everyone else. Or buy new ones on the GTN in case they are cheaper.

the cost is high but thats not what bothers me

the fact that we didnt get any notice of Set Bonuses not transferring with the Armoring (as originally claimed) cost 100s of thousands of players 500k+ for something that didnt even work

The devs said multiple times that the changes to armor and set bonuses would only apply to the new tier of gear and would not be retroactive.