Pooled Hatred (testing?)

Dkrewe

Has anyone ever had the chance to properly test Pooled Hatred? Meaning duel someone like another Jugg who can spam snares on you.

Do you get another stack of Pooled Hatred every time the snare is refreshed? Does a new stack only accumulate if the first snare is completely gone and a new one comes up? Does it only stack if a different snare from the first is applied?

The reason I ask is because snares can last a while and if continuously re-applied while kiting me, I want to know if that will mean a new stack of Pooled Hatred with every snare application. If it doesn't function that way then it doesn't seem like Pooled Hatred will ever stack high enough to be really useful.

Pooled Hatred is very useful in PvP where snares and immobs are everywhere. The attacks Pooled Hatred buffs are Impale, Vicious Slash, and Vicious Throw. While you won't be using Vicious Slash almost at all, Vicious Throw becomes monstrous with Pooled Hatred, and since it will be a finishing blow, you are likely to have lots of stacks if you're fighting a ranged DPS. A number of times, I have been knocked back in the final seconds of a duel, hit Vicious Throw immediately, and chopped them in half from 30m away.

Yes, it does stack and refresh duration every time someone refreshes a snare or immob on you - but it does not stack from DoT ticks of the same attack that also happen to have an immob or slow attached (so you won't get 4 of them from a single cast of Force Lightning, but if a Guardian is spamming Freezing Force, you'll be maxed out in no time).

IME, it's far more useful than the Force Scream dot. Even a single stack of it used with Impale will do more damage. Consider it an invisible buff, though, since you won't really notice it working when it's there, it'll just make you grin when someone spams slows on you thinking that's going to help, and it helps you take advantage of something that's going to happen anyway.

It's virtually useless in PvE though. If you're being snared in PvE, you're probably the tank, so even though the Scream/Impale dots are pretty abysmal, they'll still be worth it over PH.

Edited by Vid-szhite