Who's up on their Dirty Fighting know how?

Phallyn

If you want to play DPS, and Dirty Fighting in particular, then currently Gunslinger is really the only option. DF remains pretty broken for scoundrels...

What's broken about the Dirty Fighting in the Scoundrel class? I have a Scoundrel character, and have most of the Dirty Fighting skill tree filled up...

If you're debating whether to be Scoundrel or Gunslinger... keep in mind that Scoundrel has a Stealth ability, as well as the ability to drop out of combat with Stealth. And the Tranquilizer ability that goes along with the Stealth ability is also extremely cool in some situations. Just two Scoundrels making their way through a Flashpoint can be pretty impressive.

:sy_republic::sy_lightside:

I am using a hybrid build that I really enjoy. @ lv50 it will be 18/0/23 currently 11/0/15.

the leveling has been smooth with the first 11 points in Sawbones to get Slow-release Medpack. The rest I am going into DF until I find that I need more procs of UH then I'll dump the last 3 into Med pack mastery and 2 into shifty-eyed

Here's is how it will look at 50

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701MfcMzZZGbbkrMhd.1

Edited by Rohkai

I've played a few warzones since 1.2 arrived. My gear is pretty terrible but I like the spec so I gave it a try. Damage is not high, but at least you can bleed out tanks. Compared to Gunslinger with dirty fighting spec, the Scoundrel gameplay feels very odd. And what is game-breaking in 1.2 is the fact that your DoTs last really LONG and keep you in combat even if you die and respawn. So most of the time you won't be able to use stealth... Edited by Petyofi

What's broken about the Dirty Fighting in the Scoundrel class? I have a Scoundrel character, and have most of the Dirty Fighting skill tree filled up...

Get to 50, play some endgame content and then come back to me. Basically, though, it does pretty low damage and is still dependent on using both Back Blast and Blaster Whip on-CD in order to maximise damage (and does less damage than a Scrapper.) If you gained some real ranged ability (i.e., you could fight perfectly effectively at 8m) in return for sacrificing some damage then that would be fair but you sacrifice some damage plus some flexibility (improved stealth and counter-stealth as two examples) while still needing to fight within 4m of and behind your target.

Stealth is amazing, particularly while leveling up, but as a DPS class Scoundrels definitely have issues now (Scrapper has been nerfed and nerfed again, DF was bad to start with and the net result of the changes mean it hasn't improved with 1.2.)

I still love my Scoundrel but for endgame content I'm having to go Sawbones - there is no reason to take a DPS Scoundrel over a Shadow (PVP) or Sentinel (PVE.)

played GS with DF and while it is good for HM FP and Normal Ops...it falls apart in pvp and HM/Nightmare Ops due to the lack of defense/survivablity in ops, and in pvp good players will just wipe your dots.

I have not respec'd into it since the patch.

I find that a bit of a ss/sab build is best as you use your "tech" abilities more so less issue with armored targets.

It is a pretty long rotation compared to just ss, but I find it to be best. Open with Shock Charge, then Florish shot, then sab charge, then hit illegal mods, then speed shot, then smugglers luck, then pulse detonator (for the insta charge burst), then charge burst, then cool head, then sabatoge to do a bit of damage and regen your cool head. Toss in a flurry of bolts here and there..and if attacking a group use your incend nade and thermal charge.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700rzzZrIbrRobRMsZu.1

I leveled dirty fighting as a scoundrel, prety much only pvp. In under 50 pvp I top the damage charts by half to twice the damage of the next highest person. The most rediculous fight I had was 1v3 and I melted all their faces (they must have been terrible players but still). Once you hit 50 the imbalances are a little less and I'm not op anymore, but still strong damage easily scoring within the top 3 players. Dirty fighting isn't very good for pve, but in pvp it wrecks since internal damage ignores most defenses.

As for scoundrel vs gunslinger, gunslinger does have longer range and will do more damage at range, but one glowstick flailer charging you will ruin your day. Scoundrels can slip out from under the sith dogpiles. Its really up to you though, there are pros and cons to both.

of course as it stands right now, there's no reason to pvp at all unless they fix everything they broke with 1.2. Until such a time, you will lose every game as republic and be lucky if you get any rewards at all for playing.

Edited by gnoams

When servers eventually come back up i'm going to be playing my Smuggler and choosing an AC. Was looking for a little insight on Dirty Fighting or does everyone like what they did with the new slinger?

if solely DF i'd go scrapper.

having a heal and stealth worth it

GS has no heal, and you will sit there, not being targeted with 10% HP, and you can't really do anything about it....but wait for de-aggro

as DF you have nearly all the same skills out of DF so IMHO...having stealth and heal better core skills than what GS core skills offer

and for the record, I have a 50 Full Champ Operative and a 50(3 piece BM) gunslinger, so i have played both.

Edited by Ghamsar

played GS with DF and while it is good for HM FP and Normal Ops...it falls apart in pvp and HM/Nightmare Ops due to the lack of defense/survivablity in ops, and in pvp good players will just wipe your dots.

I have not respec'd into it since the patch.

I find that a bit of a ss/sab build is best as you use your "tech" abilities more so less issue with armored targets.

It is a pretty long rotation compared to just ss, but I find it to be best. Open with Shock Charge, then Florish shot, then sab charge, then hit illegal mods, then speed shot, then smugglers luck, then pulse detonator (for the insta charge burst), then charge burst, then cool head, then sabatoge to do a bit of damage and regen your cool head. Toss in a flurry of bolts here and there..and if attacking a group use your incend nade and thermal charge.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#700rzzZrIbrRobRMsZu.1

Dirty Fighting is perfectly fine in HM/NM mode OPS. With the energy reduction on WS and no energy for HB you have tons of energy now. Nice Try is a great new talent.

Patch 1.2 changed Dirty Fighting for the better.

Edited by Junostorm