Cost reduction for removing mods

cashogy

It costs 37k per BM mod to remove it from the armor. 100k+ per piece, 500k+ for an entire set of armor.

seeing as the amount of credits earned via PvP has been seriously nerfed, can we get a way to reduce the cost of this?

the equipment modification stations on the fleet are completely useless right now. how about if you use one to transfer mods, you get a significant cost reduction? just an idea, there are way too many credit sinks in this game all of a sudden, even for minor features

I don't understand why it costs credits, period. The fact that it costs a ridiculous amount of credits just makes it worse. Three outcomes:

*Everyone will look the same

*Less modifications and playing around with mods. It's simply too expensive.

*Less activity on the GTN. The total sum for custom gear on top off extraction cost becomes too high.

"Do your dailies" is not a valid counter argument when it revolves around PvP gear. Why should someone have to grind PvE to be able to customize PvP gear for Wz? I play both so I can manage but I feel for the people who don't want to PvE.

Edited by MidichIorian

They significantly reduced repair costs (full rakata, full repair down from 100K+ to under 30K last night).

I think that reduction is a concession to the fact that the additional cash sinks are enough that basic functionality need not be so excessive.

Agree. reduce removal costs, or give a discount for extracting "all" maybe from a piece (ie to use the orange gear as you are intending)

yep, I was shocked by the fact that removing mods still costs 35+ k... how the hell am I supposed to create a unique looking char if I have to pay 100k to remove all the mods, 100k a week for respeccing between PvE and PvP and testing out builds and the ridiculous repaircosts?

My only income is PvP and raids and I'm already pushed to the limits with my credits and although I've been playing for months now and play 20-30 WZ's a day an do several raids a week, I have like 200k credits banked up.

Why the hell do we need to pay sth. to respec? Is it so bad that ppl want to try out different builds? And does it need to cost that much to get a unique looking char? I mean: It doesn't make the char any better, right?

charging us to mod anything that is bound to a toon already... is complete crap.

One of the big things Bioware bragged about before launch was the players ability to look however they wanted to look... without giving up gear stats (via mods).

Then they turn around and make it painful to do so... ridiculous...

bioware... fix this! its a burden on the people paying to play your game!

I agree with this. As it is, it's way too hard to maintain the look you want. I finally was forced to buy Recruit gear after working hard to maintain my orange items as I leveled. Now I look like everyone else. Somewhat of a buzzkill.

There was some guy with a really slick looking armor set last night. I went to inspect him and, yup, it was a 33 level noob in low level orange gear. Looked way better than most of the end game armor sets I've seen.

MMOs have to have credit/gold sinks. its not like its hard to get credits in the game.

i agree with this. but there is a point when there are too many credit sinks, and bioware just massively nerfed the only way for PvPers to make credits.

i do not want to be forced to do mindless PvE in order to afford customizing my armor

i agree with bumps for this thread...

Bottom line... if a game starts to feel like work... then its not fun anymore.

Dont force PvP only players to go PvE for credits to spend on your new BS credit sinks

i agree with this. but there is a point when there are too many credit sinks, and bioware just massively nerfed the only way for PvPers to make credits.

i do not want to be forced to do mindless PvE in order to afford customizing my armor

you are not forced to do PVE if you dont want to. you still get credits from WZs and you really are not going to be swapping out mods over and over each and everyday. if you choose to only PVP then you have to accept that you are not going to be rolling in credits and it may take you a little longer if there are things you want to buy or do.

The modding was supposed to be the main moneysink in the game. It was not working until 1.2 so people ended up with several millions of credits and nothing to do with them.

That is the main reason why prices for vanity items are around 500k and 1.5mil.

With everyone doing daily quests on three planets the moneyflow will increase, making the inflation even worse.

Unless you tend to change your clothes every day in swtor the costs are fine.

PS. If you do not have over a million credits on your char, you are doing something wrong. Most people I know throw their money out for respecs and stuff they never use and still had 2-10mil credits prior to 1.2.

It doesn't help that- if I say, wanted to wear BM gear, I have to buy BM gear with WZ tokens, then buy the BM gear crafting things- go craft a dozen pieces til I get an augment crit, extract all my mods from my BM gear to put it in my BM gear with an augment slot.

What's the deal BW?

Then, do I have to remove all my mods from that augmented gear, put it back in the original BM gear I got- in order to trade it for WH gear? I dunno, that'd be pretty stupid, but looking at how you've been handling pvp lately- it wouldn't be even slightly surprising to me.

Edited by fungihoujo

you are not forced to do PVE if you dont want to. you still get credits from WZs ...

Yes, we do get credits from WZ, but...

Used to get 5000 max credits for a win and maybe 3800 for a loss. pre-1.2

Now:

3800 for a win, 0-200 for a loss.

That's a big hit to budgets and the economy for PVP only players for doing the same thing 2 days ago.