Free weekly skill point resets?

Qonor

Since our changes involve a number of skill changes for many classes, we are refunding all skill points to the affected Advanced Classes so players can adjust the distribution of their characters' skills as they see fit with the new changes in mind. As a reminder, players can reset any character's skill points in the Combat area on their faction's fleet for free once per week (additional respecs cost credits).

I didn't know about this until now since I've never had a reason to change my skill points. Unless I'm misreading this, this seems amazing. Can anyone elaborate on their experience with the free resets?

I didn't know about this until now since I've never had a reason to change my skill points. Unless I'm misreading this, this seems amazing. Can anyone elaborate on their experience with the free resets?

Typically... confusing :)

There is (perhaps 1.2 fixes it, I am not sure) a bug with the skill point reset. What normally happens is that as you respec several times during the week, your respec cost escalates up to a maximum cap of 99800 credits per respec. Every week that gets reset to 0 credits for your first respec and it builds up again... all fine and dandy... except that while the actual respec cost is reset, Bioware forgot to reset the "Respec cost" advice on the Skill Mentor, so even though your respec will cost 0 credits after your weekly reset, it *says* it will cost 99800 credits :)

If you bite the bullet and respec, you are then charged the Princely sum of... 0 credits! But very few people notice that, they just whine that their respec cost is still 99800 credits :)

Typically... confusing :)

There is (perhaps 1.2 fixes it, I am not sure) a bug with the skill point reset. What normally happens is that as you respec several times during the week, your respec cost escalates up to a maximum cap of 99800 credits per respec. Every week that gets reset to 0 credits for your first respec and it builds up again... all fine and dandy... except that while the actual respec cost is reset, Bioware forgot to reset the "Respec cost" advice on the Skill Mentor, so even though your respec will cost 0 credits after your weekly reset, it *says* it will cost 99800 credits :)

If you bite the bullet and respec, you are then charged the Princely sum of... 0 credits! But very few people notice that, they just whine that their respec cost is still 99800 credits :)

Lol, so wait...it actually costs 0 but the bug shows a higher amount, people don't notice and complain that it's expensive? That's fantastic. Love QQers. :D