How do you use the Inheritance Construction Kits?

PaladinSoul

The little I know is that there are vendors on the capital planet to use these as currency for some gear.

For the republic, the vendors are in front of the Senate Tower near the ramp to the merchant area on the left (when facing the Senate Tower).

I noticed in my case (I'm lvl 45 Sage) that my gear was better than what I could buy with the item "token" I found in my mailbox, but there is other gear there.

I'm staying tuned for more info on the other new legacy "tokens".

The capital city has the 4 vendors needed, but make sure you add any of your characters to your legacy by logging them in and adding them to your family tree because I could not send one of these to my alts because I did not do that first.

Once they are added you can mail the inheritance kit to them and then they can go buy the item on their capital city vendor.

They are tokens that work just like planet commendations, but they can also be mailed to legacy characters. There are four vendors on your capital world that you can "buy" items from, one for each class. Some items require tokens, others require legacy level and credits. They also sell orange items that you can buy for every armor and weapon slot. (no more hunting around for bracers and belts :)) Edited by Owsley

There are vendors (one for each class) on Coruscant/Dromund Kaas that you can use them to purchase low level bound to legacy weapons. They also have a lot of great other items for sale by credits as well such as 2 full sets of modable orange gear for each class/advanced class

while the idea of LEGACY gear is great, the actually reality is that the gear is kinda lame to me. a lvl 14 saber that may be used for a toon till lvl 16 doesn't seem grand at all. anyone else have these concerns?

Yes, they essentially completely useless, you can acquire better blues that will last a longer range of levels from the GTN.

If they actually scaled with your character, or provided an exp buff or something, then they would be useful. As it stands now they are basically a fluff item you can use for two levels and then bank, or not use at all if you actually want to have a good weapon.

PS: People need to read the mail lol, seriously, you just unattach the item and go on your way without even bothering to read the attached instructions? Reading half a paragraph is serious business, on noes!!!!!

Edited by TheHoodedFang