Legacy species unlock discount?

Axvil

I got a lvl 50 human, great.. human unlocked..

I also got a lvl 47 human and a lvl 36 human, and when those 2 hit 50 I'll get zilch.

Obviously, I'm not saying that we should be allowed to change our species, that be just silly. However, had I known about the Legacy system before these toons got to 30+, I might have picked different species.

On a side note, on my Imp server I did do just that, I made a Chiss, a Human and a Cyborg, because by then there was some info circulating about the Legacy system.

-Anyway, I know it's my fault that I got 3 humans-

Still, it be nice if BW at least gave us a species unlock discount.. ie first human at 50 gives you the prestige bonus, second Human character gives you -500K credit to unlock a species, third human would give another -500K etc..

Yeah. I have 4 50s 3 human 1 cyborg. If I had known about this earlier I would have made a different race every time for the legacy unlock. The idea of a miraluka sniper would make me want to do the grind a 5th time. I don't have 1.5 million credits I am pretty fail at making money in mmos. Any chance you could let people that leveled the same race multiple times to get a "token" to buy a new race to create a new alt? I feel that would only make people like myself who are alt junkies want to do the grind again.

Here's a fun thing I don't really get:

First, you make four Republic characters: One Miraluka and one Mirialan, as they are exclusive for the Republics. Then you move on to the Empire and make one Chiss, one Sith Pureblood and one Rattataki, as they are exclusive to the Empire. Now you have all races for both sides... but you have already used five characters slots. You have three Empire classes already, so you have two new races for one class. Unless you want two of the same base class, you have a race you can't use anyway.

You still have two Republic classes left, but there are still pleny of classes to unlock. You can't be a Cyborg jedi, for instance. Or a Twi'lek trooper. So if you want one of those, you have to get that race up to lvl 50 first with another class. No matter how you put it, you are going to run out of character slots long before you run out of unlockable races.

My suggestion? Find a race you like and stick to it. I love the Mirialan and Rattataki, so I don't mind having four of each. :)

I wondered what happened for players of level 50 humans. They should get something good, IMO, for playing what is supposed to be the most populous species in the galaxy. Oooooh maybe a previously-unavailable race like Rodian or Togruta?

I haven't yet found a thread mentioning this, but please, BioWare, ONCE WE UNLOCK A SPECIES, ALLOW IT CROSS-SERVER (even if at a cost to unlock on the non-native server). I prefer to do ops and PVP on one server, RP on another.

Just a suggestion, but I think they should allow races at 50 to cross over to other servers...as stated, otherwise it's not really worth getting them all unlocked. Not sure if the programmng would make this possible but it seems like it would make it worth it to level other races.

Here's a fun thing I don't really get:

First, you make four Republic characters: One Miraluka and one Mirialan, as they are exclusive for the Republics. Then you move on to the Empire and make one Chiss, one Sith Pureblood and one Rattataki, as they are exclusive to the Empire. Now you have all races for both sides... but you have already used five characters slots. You have three Empire classes already, so you have two new races for one class. Unless you want two of the same base class, you have a race you can't use anyway.

You still have two Republic classes left, but there are still pleny of classes to unlock. You can't be a Cyborg jedi, for instance. Or a Twi'lek trooper. So if you want one of those, you have to get that race up to lvl 50 first with another class. No matter how you put it, you are going to run out of character slots long before you run out of unlockable races.

My suggestion? Find a race you like and stick to it. I love the Mirialan and Rattataki, so I don't mind having four of each. :)

I like your way of thinking! I like Sith and Humans, so I stick to Sith and Humans. Twikies are cool, and I would like to make a few, but because of the current character limit I can't. It would be cool if they increase it, but I won't cry if they don't.