Looking for PVE only healing ideas.

sbutehorn

Ok so here's the deal. I have never posted but read these forums a lot for ideas. I try to remove the negative I hear and find ways to work through a problem. Our guild is very casual and I am the main healer. I have 4 piece Rakatta and our main tank is similar gear with 21k hp.

Last night we go to try HM Lost Island and I am healing. No matter what heal rotation I was throwing I could not find a way solo healing to keep the tank alive. Damage was coming faster than I could heal it.

I tried to Force Bend Dark Heal crits. I tried to Force Bend Innervate. I tried to Force Bend Dark Infusion. No matter what heal combo I used damage was greater than heals.

I have decent alacrity, my cast time on Dark Infusion is 2.19 seconds.

What I failed to do and thinking I need to incorporate my is using Recklessness and popping my Alacrity relic. Not sure in sustained fights that will be enough. I guess I can also use stims, I wasn't doing that. So I have some ideas to improve.

Looking for feedback from people running this and what are you doing to make it successful?

The only Advice I can give is to have an alacrity relic and a power relic. Pop your Power Relic WITH your recklessness and follow this rotation....Shield, Resurg (Cast these two before he takes damage), Dark Infusion, Resurg, Intervate, Dark Healx2 or (Revivification on yourself and tank), Consumption, Repeat but use alacrity relic as soon as possible, then go back to power relic .

Umm with out knowing your gear i am going by your cast time on DI. The problem to me is that you have way to much alacrity. Bio Ware loves the stat but it is really garbage.

Find some mods with more Power/willpower if you can find them and if not ones with crit surge. The reason is that though you will be casting a slight bit faster with all that alacrity your heals are just not hitting hard enough to matter. (even the one from teh illum daily can be better)

If you are going through a force bending, innervate, Di and your tank is still low then your heals are not hitting as hard as they should or your tank is doing something very wrong.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GGbRrd0dGzZf00MZoM.1

I am going to assume is your spec. If not then it should be.

power relic or the crit/surge relic should be what you want to use. The power one increases your heals and the strength of your bubble.

also make sure your resurgence is going on the tank all the time. the increased armor helps.

I will look into switching to crit/surge over alacrity.

We went back and raided all weekend so I was able to get more play time and experience with the changes. Here is what I have determined.

1. Rejuv and Innervate is really all you should use on your tank period besides static barrier. If everything goes all to hell then hit recklessness and hope DI goes off in time.

2. Reviv for the dps and train them to be in it all the time if they want heals. Spot heal dps with Rejuv but otherwise Reviv should do it for them.

3. Trying to incorporate DI or DH to be used regularly as a heal felt like a waste. Innervate is faster, heals for almost as much as DI and was more efficient. DH.....why bother, it doesn't heal for enough.

We were able to progress in EC and I was able to manage healing pretty well using just this technique and training my dps to quit making my life more difficult then it needed to be.

Edited by sbutehorn

Umm with out knowing your gear i am going by your cast time on DI. The problem to me is that you have way to much alacrity. Bio Ware loves the stat but it is really garbage.

Find some mods with more Power/willpower if you can find them and if not ones with crit surge. The reason is that though you will be casting a slight bit faster with all that alacrity your heals are just not hitting hard enough to matter. (even the one from teh illum daily can be better)

If you are going through a force bending, innervate, Di and your tank is still low then your heals are not hitting as hard as they should or your tank is doing something very wrong.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GGbRrd0dGzZf00MZoM.1

I am going to assume is your spec. If not then it should be.

power relic or the crit/surge relic should be what you want to use. The power one increases your heals and the strength of your bubble.

also make sure your resurgence is going on the tank all the time. the increased armor helps.

I personally don't agree with that spec, 1% less dmg over 4% more healing on your self?

I am running this spec and not having any issues at all. I find that the extra 8% healing on your self is way better than 1% less dmg and 15% extra push back on healing spells. I may change it to take out the extra 1% healing and put back the 75% push back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.