Character = Companion?

Enryu

So, with the current release of legacy you get to make a family tree, with friends, relatives, etc. To compliment this it would be awesome to use your other characters as companions.

Shouldn't be too hard right? I mean if your using your character in companion mode (lets just call it that) it would only get the xp from killing/fighting, not from missions. So it can level up, but at a very slow rate. just need to add some limits to lvl difference (so you cant just make a new character, make him companion to your lvl 50, then have ur lvl 50 guy do a mission and make you new character an instant lvl 20)

Thoughts?

Edited by Enryu
misspell

A few questions, concerns, additions.

Make them scale to level. Their gear should not transfer. Maybe gear appearance if you want, but not the gear stats.

How do they handle the skills? Every class has what, 3 bars at once full of skills? So do they choose 10 of them to carry over for each class?

Does an empire character help a republic character?

Please keep them there for fighting only. Not useable for cs.

Use the appearance of char, scale it to PC's level, get the voice actors to record a little bit of dialogue for each class (or just use the ready made stuff), could be cool!

I don't think it should level up, maybe let it get a higher rate of rested xp while being used as a companion?

Use the appearance of char, scale it to PC's level, get the voice actors to record a little bit of dialogue for each class (or just use the ready made stuff), could be cool!

I don't think it should level up, maybe let it get a higher rate of rested xp while being used as a companion?

I vote no to rested xp. They are not resting. They are questing. You are playing with the character companion by your choice. Why should that character get any perks for that?

Technically they wouldn't be resting, but they are also technically not doing missions, so there is that issue to be sorted out. I just have been mulling over this a long time and I think it should be in game (with the lvl limits like I said)

As for sharing gear, why not? I mean you allowed to share gear with the legacy patch anyway, you should just have it with this as well. When you open your inventory there is it one tab for your gear and one tab for your companions gear, just to keep it all sorted out.

Also, you should only be allowed to summon another character as a companion if they are on the same planet.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.