Lightning Spire Animation Bug (Stormcaller)

Several of us were experiencing a bug with Stormcaller's lightning generators in the EC operation last night. About 1/2 the time we would receive 1-3 ticks of damage from the lightning generators before the animation would appear on our screens. This was confirmed by everyone that was fighting Firebrand at the time.

I have seen this happen with Sao's green AoE in the 1st phase but for that one it was only me that would not see the animation right away. With the generators last night at least 4 of us could confirm that the generators were not showing up right away.

Edited by Welken

We did after we realized what was going on but that is not the point here. Is anyone else experiencing this and possibly changed their settings to fix it or are the devs aware of this and have it on a todo list?

Note: I have switched my graphics from High to Medium but had the same results.

This bug has been existent on PTS, and in other boss fights (SoA, KP) etc. Unfortunately, we have not spent any resources trying to isolate the cause of why some people can see everything, and others cannot see them until after death or 30 secs later in the fight.

Could be specific drivers, gpu issue, graphic settings, a whole number of things. It is worked around as long as people pay close attention to their health. If they are losing health, RUN!

If you randomly start taking ticks of damage why not just move immediately?

Aside from other responses to your post, it should be added that even if you know to run away once you see a dot ticking damage on you, it's also awfully hard to run away from the source if you don't know where the epicenter is. Nice job giving non-constructive criticism, jerk.

My guild's raid last night had the same problems, people weren't able to see the spires, so you are definitely not alone.

Why the hell do people get snappy when they ought to either just stop playing the game if they're that much of a people hater and they also despise the game itself, or go back to playing the game and stop bullying if they're simply haters who like the game but can't act like they're older than 12?

Aside from other responses to your post, it should be added that even if you know to run away once you see a dot ticking damage on you, it's also awfully hard to run away from the source if you don't know where the epicenter is. Nice job giving non-constructive criticism, jerk.

Run till you stop taking damage? I had this problem on story mode tanks yesterday and a couple times on Soa all I did is just ran till I stopped taking damage not really all that hard to do. So ya also you could have someone in your raid tell you that its on top of you but whatever I guess simple problem solving and communication are elusive skills to master.

It ticks for a high amount of damage. 2-3 ticks will kill you. Figure one tick goes off and you see you are taking damage, now you guess and run somewhere. Another tick while moving. Maybe dead, maybe almost dead.

It is kind of a big deal, and has been since this went up on the PTS.

The damage is no where near high enough that 2-3 ticks is going to kill you maybe 5 or so ticks will make you go splat. But if you are eating that many ticks you have major awareness problems and need to just play better. This is all basic raiding principles, Are you taking consistent heavy to moderate damage from seemingly nothing on a fight were there is bad stuff on the ground if so perhaps consider moving to avoid death even if you can't see anything.

I'm not saying that it isn't an issue also not trying to be insulting or come off as a jerk but there are really easy ways to work around it.

After reviewing the logs, it looks like it ticks for around 4.5K - 5K damage. I am thinking it is the Electrical Disturbance damage.

Not enough to kill you if you are raid aware, but a bug that should not be there. It can become more of an issue on 16 man, when there are multiple spires spawning.

Let's hope super-patch 1.2a will take care of it! :D

Run till you stop taking damage? I had this problem on story mode tanks yesterday and a couple times on Soa all I did is just ran till I stopped taking damage not really all that hard to do. So ya also you could have someone in your raid tell you that its on top of you but whatever I guess simple problem solving and communication are elusive skills to master.

I completely agree, this is a waste of a post. Why do we even report or discuss bugs at all? We should all just find a workaround and never discuss them. It's not like 10-15k random unavoidable damage to 2 or more players really makes a difference in a tough boss fight anyway. While we're on the subject, I think all AoE should be invisible because just like you, if I'm taking damage at all I just start running around until it stops.

Why do we need animations anyway? I've /bug'd many times explaining that the game would be much less gfx intensive with stick figures. Then all the AoE should show up correctly which would be nice since since we're not reporting bugs apparently.

Don't listen to these guys man. You are so NOT a moronic tool.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.