Empty orange BM gear shells - valor requirement???

XcomCaveRat

Does this have to do with the patching mess.. or do they actually require valor 60 to wear? Because I just crafted one and it requires valor 60. (whereas actual BM gear which you can buy with WZ comms doesn't seem to have that requirement any more).. Seems a bit odd. Edited by XcomCaveRat

It needs valor 60 because it can hold an augment slot, whereas the normal BM gear does not.

But if you move the mods from the BM gear to the crafted BM gear to take advantage of that augment slot you will lose the set bonus. Way to go BW.

It needs valor 60 because it can hold an augment slot, whereas the normal BM gear does not.

No, it needs valor 60 because it looks like PVP gear and doesn't cost the wearer anything at all to obtain otherwise once crafted. It's so that they can keep the PVP gear looks for PVP players.

You get the look via PVP commendations or valor.

But if you move the mods from the BM gear to the crafted BM gear to take advantage of that augment slot you will lose the set bonus. Way to go BW.

Not if u get the gear from the vendors again after 1.2 hits.. so yeah if u have full BM gear.. u need .. NEW full BM gear for the set bonus to be able to swap

Not if u get the gear from the vendors again after 1.2 hits.. so yeah if u have full BM gear.. u need .. NEW full BM gear for the set bonus to be able to swap

NOT TRUE!

I got official response to my ticket about it. ONLY War Hero and new PvE gear has set bonus attached to armoring. Tionese, Columni, Rakata and BM (new or past) will not have set bonus attached to armoring mod.