Custom/Orange Pistol Recipes

dougan

What happened to adding new schematics for orange pistols? At one point before 1.2's release it was in the patch notes that they intended to add these. Did that fall through or am I just missing where to find them?

From Investigation tier 2 missions I have not found pistol schems yet, but I have found:

Custom-built Blaster Rifle

Custom-built (trooper cannon)

Custom-built Techblade

Custom-built Techstaff

I'm still trying to get the pistol/sniper/vibroblade, but the rifle isn't bad..which I am trying to crit now.

Edited by Ravaran

I have found one so far, I can't give you the details because server is offline for patch. What I can tell you is that it was for a level 50 weapon with a base stat of 50ish tech power. Given that level 48 (49?) schematic blasters have 200 more tech power than that, what exactly is the point? Am I missing something?

Edit: Maybe the crit for Aug slot also increases the base stat? I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Edited by Galafray

I have found one so far from a level 1 mission (level 20 blaster pistol) in addition to vibrosword, blaster rifle, sniper rifle, assault cannon, and techstaff. It also had very low tech power but that is expected from a level 20 orange gun.

I have found one so far, I can't give you the details because server is offline for patch. What I can tell you is that it was for a level 50 weapon with a base stat of 50ish tech power. Given that level 48 (49?) schematic blasters have 200 more tech power than that, what exactly is the point? Am I missing something?

Edit: Maybe the crit for Aug slot also increases the base stat? I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

The point is simply to crit for the aug slot and then transfer over components to that pistol from another pistol.

All the new schems added are for the intention of critting augments.

I have found one so far from a level 1 mission (level 20 blaster pistol) in addition to vibrosword, blaster rifle, sniper rifle, assault cannon, and techstaff. It also had very low tech power but that is expected from a level 20 orange gun.

Do you mean level 2 mission? cause I believe the level of the schematic matches with the level of the mission, and '20' is in the level 2 mission range.

Also I do not think base power means anything after you put your modifications in it, but I am not 100% sure.

Edited by Ravaran

So you're getting them from Investigation? That's my fault then, I've been checking Underworld Trading and Treasure Hunting.

Underworld trading for Armormech and Synthweaving

Tresure Hunting for Artifice

Investigation for Armstech

Do you mean level 2 mission? cause I believe the level of the schematic matches with the level of the mission, and '20' is in the level 2 mission range.

Also I do not think base power means anything after you put your modifications in it, but I am not 100% sure.

Base power, like base damage, armor and whatever else they may add in the future for orange shell items scale with the rating of the hilt/barrel/armoring that you add to the weapon/armor.

So a pistol with 50 tech power would get a proportional boost to tech power to compare to any green blue or purple item (Or white, I would guess) that has the same rating.

So when you make orange stuff what you want to look for are base item mods (not mods specifically, but modifications that sport a "rating" in addition to stats) with as high a rating as possible.

So you're saying low lvl critted oranges are useless to 50s, and that they need the highest lvl oranges?

This would be completely opposite to the goal of allowing people to wear any gear they wanted because of how it looked, and not just stats. Now everyone will be wearing the same endgame orange-gear instead of purple.

Unless you are wrong..which I hope is the case.

So you're saying low lvl critted oranges are useless to 50s, and that they need the highest lvl oranges?

This would be completely opposite to the goal of allowing people to wear any gear they wanted because of how it looked, and not just stats. Now everyone will be wearing the same endgame orange-gear instead of purple.

No I'm pretty sure there is nothing to differentiate one orange item from another except it's looks.

Their stats are all generated from the mods you put in them.

No, he/she's saying the opposite. The stats on an orange item are 100% completely based on the mods you put in it. The amount of Tech Power on a pistol is 100% based on the mod you have in the "Barrel" slot on it.

As long as you have the proper mods for an orange item, it will scale perfectly well.

And thanks to the people who answered my question about Investigation.

No, they were all level 1 missions. I ran 50 or so missions for aluminum and plastoid, and I got 7 schematics that were level 20.

Ok well that makes me feel a bit better.

From investigation tier 2 so far I also got:

-Blue earpiece schematics (lvl 19)

-Blue synthweaving pieces (lvl 20)

-Blue implant schematics (lvl 21)

so the only moddable ones so far I've gotten were for weapons.

No, they were all level 1 missions. I ran 50 or so missions for aluminum and plastoid, and I got 7 schematics that were level 20.

Now I'm confused, I thought it was from INVESTIGATION missions that you get the schematics

From Investigation tier 2 missions I have not found pistol schems yet, but I have found:

Custom-built Blaster Rifle

Custom-built (trooper cannon)

Custom-built Techblade

Custom-built Techstaff

I'm still trying to get the pistol/sniper/vibroblade, but the rifle isn't bad..which I am trying to crit now.

Are you saying we can get them from SCAVENGING missions also?

Now I'm confused, I thought it was from INVESTIGATION missions that you get the schematics

Are you saying we can get them from SCAVENGING missions also?

No, that was a complete slip-up on my part. It was the level 1 Investigation missions. I was running both (scavenging/investigation) to make blue and purple level 13 weapons for my opposite faction alts.

Base power, like base damage, armor and whatever else they may add in the future for orange shell items scale with the rating of the hilt/barrel/armoring that you add to the weapon/armor.

So a pistol with 50 tech power would get a proportional boost to tech power to compare to any green blue or purple item (Or white, I would guess) that has the same rating.

So when you make orange stuff what you want to look for are base item mods (not mods specifically, but modifications that sport a "rating" in addition to stats) with as high a rating as possible.

This. Tech/force power, weapon damage, and armor rating all scale with the rating of hte "main" (hilt/barrel/armoring) mod installed. When I crit a double saber it had 48 force power. When I moved all the mods from my columni saber it also had 48 force power. 48 is just the base number.

Thanks for the clarification:), because I've stopped running scavenging missions now that I have nice gathering rounds mapped out for most resources.

But I do run a lot of investigation missions. I guess I should have tried to run lower tiers one in great numbers to test last night and this morning... but I was focused on Tier 5 resources.... and with those running around an hour per, didnt get much of a chance to do a lot of them

Thats interesting because I thought there were schematics you could get that were lower than lvl 20. I'll do some myself later cause these are faster/cheaper than doing rank 2 missions if you dont need the other stuff.

Thats interesting because I thought there were schematics you could get that were lower than lvl 20. I'll do some myself later cause these are faster/cheaper than doing rank 2 missions if you dont need the other stuff.

If I remember correctly, there are for only certain items. I can't remember exact levels and obviously can't check, but I seem to remember not being able to find orange helmet recipes until tier 2 or 3, and they were ~level 20 items, but there was chest and legs available in tier 1 for like level 12-15.

Edited by dougan

So are there just one new schematic for each weapon type? i.e. "Custom Built Pistol", "Custom Built Rifle" etc? Has anyone found anything else?

I posted the ones I've found earlier in this thread, but I am guessing there is lvl 20 versions for each of the weapon types...all named 'Custom-built xxxx'

I posted the ones I've found earlier in this thread, but I am guessing there is lvl 20 versions for each of the weapon types...all named 'Custom-built xxxx'

Each of the level 20 ones were "custom-built" from a name standpoint. Today (prior to server shutdown) I was going to run tier 3 investigation missions to see what I could find for schematics. I was going to skip tier 2 as I am not sure they would have different schematics as the level range is 17-24? or so.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.