Go Sandbox

AviorOsis

This game as it stands will not survive. This is a WoW clone through and through with the exception of companions for everyone.

You want this game to make it? A universe is meant to be explored.

The game needs a "NGE" badly. Unrestricted classes and races. Neutral factions for classes except for Jedi and BH.

Space, trash it until you hire people with imaginations. Not paying monthly to play an arcade.

As it stands this game duped me. This is not the Star Wars Universe.

Well, don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out, Broheim.

Lets keep the door open so fresh air can come in and stimulate brains. I would like to see this game succeed, so I am being very critical. I think of Bioware as an innovator not as a copier but that is what this game is, a copy.

Lets keep the door open so fresh air can come in and stimulate brains. I would like to see this game succeed, so I am being very critical. I think of Bioware as an innovator not as a copier but that is what this game is, a copy.

They're owned by EA, executioners of innovation. Just a heads up. And it's better to open a window than a door if you're going to be letting in air.

I disagree. This game is good and on a good path. Sandbox is terrible idea, people need real goals and lots of them. How can you make a sandbox out of something so heavily story based anyway? And every MMO is basically similar with a few things that stand out, and this game does that and well.

The fans will only eventually admit they were wrong in their blind support when the game is on life support and the servers and empty with nobody to play with and huge PvP queues.

Games like LOTRO have survived the comparison with WoW because at max level, you have a ton of things to do beside just grinding instances or PvP. Fluff, titles, pets, housing decoration, etc... There's no such thing in SW:TOR. That's it's big weakness.

Listerman, you are right. But there is one thing you seem to overlook. Now there's a ton of MMOs (ftp and ptp) and there are also some nice titles inc. The competition won't wait for BW to get it's flavour right. Now we, mmo players, have a huge choice comparing to lets say 5 y ago. If BW wont get things right for wider group of players, who don't hang on to the game becouse of SW universe and epic storylie, the will loose subscriptions. That means, the'll loose money for further developement.

Personally I would love to see SW grow to it's full potential but I notice, how BW is running out of time. Probably that's why they give us free month of play...

The games a baby you dolt. Like cooking. Better to start with a little and then add. You can't start with a whole bunch, and then weed out what didn't work. You can't remove ingredients without the flavor already being altered.

They already removed the one sandboxy element RvR in Ilum. :(

They are not going to make major redesign decisions at this point, the core of the gameplay is the way the game will remain until the day it sunsets.

Stop asking for the game to be converted to a sandbox, it isn't going to happen. If you want an authentic PreCU experience then go play the emu.

Games like LOTRO have survived the comparison with WoW because at max level, you have a ton of things to do beside just grinding instances or PvP. Fluff, titles, pets, housing decoration, etc... There's no such thing in SW:TOR. That's it's big weakness.

You either didn't play LotRO at launch or you have a short memory.

They are not going to make major redesign decisions at this point, the core of the gameplay is the way the game will remain until the day it sunsets.

Stop asking for the game to be converted to a sandbox, it isn't going to happen. If you want an authentic PreCU experience then go play the emu.

downloading it right now.........

As it stands this game duped me. This is not the Star Wars Universe.

Don't like don't play.

Space Missions are fine. They were smart to add them as they did and at least have it as a feature at launch. Although repetitive, everyone I know enjoys them, myself included. What they could use is higher difficulty and more of a random factor.

What, you think they can just change the core design of a game that easily? After years of construction? I'm no game designer, but that just seems... Naive.

Also...

Unrestricted classes and races. Neutral factions for classes except for Jedi and BH.

What? Unrestricted classes? The hell would that work in the context of the class stories?

Except for Jedi and BH? Bounty Hunters aren't neutral? Sith, IAs and Troopers are?

I'm for adding sandbox elements without alienating the people who like the original content style. I guess if it comes down to it, I would defer to those who love the game the way it is. But if I could have sandbox too, I think those people could dabble in it and choose to use it or not. I think that they would find that more options for activities would be an overall good thing.

What, you think they can just change the core design of a game that easily? After years of construction? I'm no game designer, but that just seems... Naive.

There's money + time + programmers. Where is the impossibility? They don't need to redesign, just add on. The existing content doesn't need to change necessarily. I will grant you this, with current optimization where it is there is not much room for adding on, but I don't think it will always be this way.

If you think about it, the way the game is right now, the first 50 levels are not to bad. You could go sandbox for another 50, and don't add cut scenes to multiplayer dungeons.. You can easily do the same thing with light or dark side decisions with normal popups. People like to move fast in these games, and they won't stick around if they are forced to slow down.

Open Space environment would be awesome, and picking your own ships. Sure it would take a lot of work, but I would stick around longer if I felt they were going in this direction.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.