Sportsmanship in PvP was nerfd in 1.2

Nothos

I queued solo last night and ended up in Voidstar against a good pre-made team. Well, everybody knows what happens is this case, right? Yes, we lost for 6x1 in half the time's match. No problem, I'm used to it as I queue solo often, it's still fun. But to my surprise I got ABSOLUTELY NO REWARDS.

That's right, no comms, credits or valor, however I had 4 medals and 2 votes. Very frustrating. I don't know if others of my team got anything though.

What's BW angle on this change? To kill the spotsmanship side of PvP? They want to PUGs to just quit everytime they see a good pre-made?

1.2 nerfed rewards for the loosing team in general, and I think it's a mistake, but zero rewards even when we play the match to the end, well, It's just bad for the game.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

OP , well said. while im ok with dimished returns for lossing, im not ok with no returns . Even more so when i get droped into a match thats most of team quit and dont have time fto get medals to get rewardsL(.

add in on my sever and times i play , the pop imbalnce can lead to exseive wait times for a q to pop .

Edited by Teaxe

In before "Get friends" responses.

Wrong answer.

I love PvP - I hate PUGS - I love Pre-mades.

However I don't want casual PVPers to never join matches because they are going to lose and gain nothing in return. The rich just get richer and the PVP populace dies off.

BAD idea - please fix DEVS.

Yep, I was a fan of how it was pre 1.1.5.

This method is just going to increase the time it takes me to get back in a WZ and Rofl stomp low geared people.

The old way. You went in with your piss poor gear, and spend about a good 2 weeks just

getting the crap beat out of you by other better geared players. Then eventually

you got some lucky drops in your champ bag (Destroyed that) and you were in full champ

You were able to compete and worked your way to VALOR 60 (Destroyed that and completely

ez mode the grind to 3k valor a match) then you started to work on your ever elusive

BM tokens (and now thats in the WZ tokens) only lol your not gonna be able to buy them

unless you had at least a champ set before this patch took place.

So ya, I miss the old, 100 coms win or lose, 5000 credits. Sorry but people paying to have

their asses beat for 12 mins deserve something for helping sling shot better geared player

to their next bag. imo

Edited by Ravonous_Curse

Wrong answer.

I love PvP - I hate PUGS - I love Pre-mades.

However I don't want casual PVPers to never join matches because they are going to lose and gain nothing in return. The rich just get richer and the PVP populace dies off.

BAD idea - please fix DEVS.

This is the truth. The time it becomes no fun whatsoever and no kind of progress for casual-/time challenged- people, there will more or less be a couple of teams queueing up against eachother on the average SW:ToR server.

agre with Rav mostly......:0

beeen here from the start and had horible kuck with bag dros althe way throgh. every time i finaly got there they changed the rules and i was back at start one step behind. But it had been that way in almost every MMO ive plyaed , you on the leading edged you get screwed with new changes to keep game fresh im ok with that<note i didnt say i like being on the bad end :)>

but it part of the genere :)am fyll bm and looking at savin to by WH gear now , 74 valor......my issue again comes with puting in the time playing to end and geting nothing............

on the one hand we get:

1) "of course you are getting destroyed! you are not in the good pvp gear!"

and then we get:

2) "of course you get little very little or no rewards for getting destroyed! you lost!"

hmmm, pop quiz everybody - can you spot the catch-22 here?

desperatly need a true deserter debuff, if nothing else would semi fix the geting droped into 5-0 hutball matches or 900-00 cival wars

i mean realy 5 min debuf for matches that is are played to end can take 20 min?

Edited by Teaxe

I think perhaps they were trying to encourage people to pay attention to objectives and play to win, but for the most part that was happening before, at least in my experience.

I really just feel bad for anyone who's just now trying to get into pvp, and doesn't have friends or a guild to carry him through the early, crap-gear stage.

Valid points OP, I que'd quite a bit last night first on my 50 guardian because well I just had to see how bad the nerfbug was gonna feel. Secondly on my lower lvl tankassin. I had a few matches where I got 0 rewards like 3 out of 15 or so.

I single que consistently, and I can honestly say that if we are on a horrid losing streak regardless of which faction I que with, I lose interest rather quickly if I am not focused on gear.

There are only 2 things in this game that you cannot do solo, WZ's, and OPs.. because I spent endless years of my life raiding since I started in MMO's, I am more inclined to want to spend time in pvp.

Please bioware fix this function before the mass exodus decides you never will make it right, the game overall while buggy in some areas is actually fun for me, but it will not be if the rest of the community bails and we can't get reasonable que's and or players to play with.

Edited by Sytholis
grammar

In before "Get friends" responses.

A person should not have to get into a pre-made just to PvP. If that's the case get read of the Que Solo option and put in place "Que Group" only.

The new system has a lot of goods to it don't get me wrong. But the monsterous slap in the face you get for a loss now is just horse pucky. You can play your *** off make the top of the list and still walk away with nothing.

Still can't figure out the point moving the medal cap from 4 to 8 and going from 500 valor and 10 comms to 250 valor and 5 comms.

With the way it is now it should just be 250 valor + 5 comms no cap. Toss in a bonus for not leaving a match to the lossing teams players say an extra 5-10 comms and 250-500 valor.

On a win last night I got 6500 credits 100 comms 20k XP and 3500 valor. On another win it was 5400 creds, 87 comms and 2700 valor. All the rest on the losing sides 37-47 comms 1000-2000 valor and 100 credits to 500 credits. That was with my 8 comm cap (minus one round I joined late and only got 7).

Guess we have to wait for the ranking system to see if that 'balances' out this ... this.... whatever you want to call it.

Oh ya one other thing regarding these changes... I know you only get credit for up to 8 medals in a game, but what is up with how many medals you can get now. I have a hybrid as of last night guardian. I did 175k dmg and 70k protection last night. I had plenty of kills think it was 38-4, obviously I followed objections (civil war). I got 15 fricn medals.. I mean really wasnt cap before like 11?

Anyway we won that game so rewards were nice of course but just curious is this working as intended?

see above post L) , i was one of those peps . no guild few feinds plya at wired hrs. i pvp my but of to get what i have now the change the rules and say cause of inbalnce of bad pug i get nothing or next to nothing for my time and efort.

love pvp and will countine to do it in this game or another lol. but and others have posted nothing for my time when i try and have only quit wzs for DC or family emrgences from the start is ........sad

yep as said I to agree with diminishing returns for losses, but no way am I going to pvp for nothing in return; especially when I was dps'ing and/or keeping healers busy also for 15 the mins I was telling the team in Ops chat "There is more than 1 base, move from southern and go north" etc etc to no avale. :mad:

I queued solo last night and ended up in Voidstar against a good pre-made team. Well, everybody knows what happens is this case, right? Yes, we lost for 6x1 in half the time's match. No problem, I'm used to it as I queue solo often, it's still fun. But to my surprise I got ABSOLUTELY NO REWARDS.

That's right, no comms, credits or valor, however I had 4 medals and 2 votes. Very frustrating. I don't know if others of my team got anything though.

What's BW angle on this change? To kill the spotsmanship side of PvP? They want to PUGs to just quit everytime they see a good pre-made?

1.2 nerfed rewards for the loosing team in general, and I think it's a mistake, but zero rewards even when we play the match to the end, well, It's just bad for the game.

BW didnt kill sportsmanship, the community killed sportsmanship - and they killed it long befor 1.2 and LONG befor swtor pvp.

You have 2 evils, and BW chose the lessers of 2 evils. First off you can hardly call a 4 man a premade, 2ndly ANY group of pugs can easily become the equivalent of a premade in terms of skill and teamwork.

Pug isnt this predisposed condition that cant be cured. What makes a pug a pug is the unruly behavior and refusal to do anything cooperative with his teammates. Ive played plenty of games where pugs were willing to talk, communicate and work together to beat a premade.

What makes a pug different then a premader is a pug usually has negative itentions as in hes not there for anything other then self gain, he doesnt care about winning or competition; and a little something over time in short lossses is better then a lot over a long times puting in effort to win.

You can lose 10 times in 15 mins and get the same rewards as winning 1 time in that same 15 mins. which one requires the most work.

PVP will always implement incentives like this, if they dont then pvp will always be terrible and unsportsmanlike.

whats going to happen, either these pugs who are nothing but bringing the team down will either stop pvping b/c they cant get xp and credits or they will try to win.

you got 2 types of people, bad players and bad pugs. Bad players try but arent good but can be an asset and help win , bad pugs just dont try and waste a spot and cause nothing but fail.

Edited by LeonkRAV

desperatly need a true deserter debuff, if nothing else would semi fix the geting droped into 5-0 hutball matches or 900-00 cival wars

i mean realy 5 min debuf for matches that is are played to end can take 20 min?

Although i see the reasoning behind the deserter penalty, casual PvPers would take 15 mins debuff over 15 mins hopeless crawling and being shot to death over and over and over again and hence still quit wzs...

so that will lead to even less que pops... any longer debuff will make people quit trying to pvp altogether... hence even longer ques....

i think a deserter penalty may not be the best solution here...

just my 2 cents

Oh ya one other thing regarding these changes... I know you only get credit for up to 8 medals in a game, but what is up with how many medals you can get now. I have a hybrid as of last night guardian. I did 175k dmg and 70k protection last night. I had plenty of kills think it was 38-4, obviously I followed objections (civil war). I got 15 fricn medals.. I mean really wasnt cap before like 11?

you maby mised prior posts, easy to to on a over pop sever where you never get droped in to lossing sits when waiting on a q for hrs :) if have time even a squish like me can get the medals to get rewards. but crnt system actual encorougds me to leave lol. BAD for pvp

I think perhaps they were trying to encourage people to pay attention to objectives and play to win, but for the most part that was happening before, at least in my experience.

I really just feel bad for anyone who's just now trying to get into pvp, and doesn't have friends or a guild to carry him through the early, crap-gear stage.

They are "trying to encourage" people to play premades and never do solo q. That's the simple truth.

And it isn't going to work for long.

I had to reroll on another server because mine died due to lack of population. If things stay as they are I'm probably going to put off trying to get PvP gear for my new main and start rolling alts since I cannot justify playing for 15 mins and getting nothing in return.

In a PvE environment you may wipe for hours on end during an operation (has never happened to me in TOR btw) but you are learning in the process. There's nothing gained when you are getting 2-3 shotted in 1 stun.

BW didnt kill sportsmanship, the community killed sportsmanship - and they killed it long befor 1.2 and LONG befor swtor pvp.

You have 2 evils, and BW chose the lessers of 2 evils. First off you can hardly call a 4 man a premade, 2ndly ANY group of pugs can easily become the equivalent of a premade in terms of skill and teamwork.

Pug isnt this predisposed condition that cant be cured. What makes a pug a pug is the unruly behavior and refusal to do anything cooperative with his teammates. Ive played plenty of games where pugs were willing to talk, communicate and work together to beat a premade.

What makes a pug different then a premader is a pug usually has negative itentions as in hes not there for anything other then self gai, he doesnt care about winning or competition; and a little something over time in short lossses is better then a lot over a long times puting in effort to win.

You can lose 10 times in 15 mins and get the same rewards as winning 1 time in that same 15 mins. which one requires the most work.

PVP will always implement incentives like this, if they dont then pvp will always be terrible and unsportsmanlike.

whats going to happen, either these pugs who are nothing but bringing the team down will either stop pvping b/c they cant get xp and credits or they will try to win.

you got 2 types of people, bad players and bad pugs. Bad players try but arent good but can be an asset and help win , bad pugs just dont try and waste a spot and cause nothing but fail.

let me say to start this has been proba;y the most wellspoken and argurge tread ive seen in all my time in this game. Kudoos to all . <just look at the contless trool fill qq treads L(>

again have to agree with you. pre mades are the DEVIL in most pugs minds,,,,,,,,,,not true as you said. beeen in may pugs that pulled it offL(. but to strip my stuff cause i stayed the corse and tried to win? extreamy bad for pvp as a whole

It's worse. Im seeing players putting more emphasis on medals again than winning, before you could have a good game, get a few medals and still walk away with some sort of reward. Now everyone is racing to get those precious medals and ignoring objectives, especially in situations where players essentially give up too early and resign themselves to losing. I have seen this happen before the WZ even begins when facing a pre-made, several players declare defeat and go off and sulk.

I have yet to have a match where I earned less than 40 medals, if you guys are getting 0 medals you should try to focus on what your doing wrong. If you can not get a 2.5k damage medal as a dps your doing something wrong. If you can't guard someone for a roll of medals as a tank then your doing something wrong. If you can not heal someone for 2.5 k as a healer.. you are doing something wrong. If you can not stand on top of the door in VS and die defending it for a few medals...you are doing something wrong. If you can't fight on top of an objective in civil war..your doing something wrong. If you can not attack the ball carrier in huttball...guess what?

Where bioware messed up was giving everyone super rewards for each medal of four. People were getting mad pvp rewards and sucking it up. Now they still suck it up but get 0 rewards for it. Thank god. I am tired of having people who are just clueless and can not learn at all doing the same thing over and over in pvp matches, and that is absolutely nothing at all! As far as I can tell.

If your getting 0 medals a match, please learn how to earn medals, atleast if your trying to earn medals you wont be completely dumbfounded by the fact that your in a pvp warzone and just stand there with your pinky up your nose waiting to die.

I have yet to have a match where I earned less than 40 medals, if you guys are getting 0 medals you should try to focus on what your doing wrong. If you can not get a 2.5k damage medal as a dps your doing something wrong. If you can't guard someone for a roll of medals as a tank then your doing something wrong. If you can not heal someone for 2.5 k as a healer.. you are doing something wrong. If you can not stand on top of the door in VS and die defending it for a few medals...you are doing something wrong. If you can't fight on top of an objective in civil war..your doing something wrong. If you can not attack the ball carrier in huttball...guess what?

Where bioware messed up was giving everyone super rewards for each medal of four. People were getting mad pvp rewards and sucking it up. Now they still suck it up but get 0 rewards for it. Thank god. I am tired of having people who are just clueless and can not learn at all doing the same thing over and over in pvp matches, and that is absolutely nothing at all! As far as I can tell.

If your getting 0 medals a match, please learn how to earn medals, atleast if your trying to earn medals you wont be completely dumbfounded by the fact that your in a pvp warzone and just stand there with your pinky up your nose waiting to die.

then you are in a different situation than other people.

it's worse for healers. it's worse for pugs. it's worse for the minority faction. it's worse for the undergeared, etc.

Edited by Jeopardydd

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.