500k To Remove BM Mods with No Set Bonuses!

MrSIlverSurfing

You are kidding me. I spent 500k plus schematics and I cant even get my set bonus to transfer? Why even make the item mods removable on the older gear? This is a tremendous lack of over site. Making your 50 player base this outraged is not a good idea, especially since they are your meat and potatoes.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are kidding me. I spent 500k plus schematics and I cant even get my set bonus to transfer? Why even make the item mods removable on the older gear? This is a tremendous lack of over site. Making your 50 player base this outraged is not a good idea, especially since they are your meat and potatoes.

Dude, haven't you figured it out by now? BW doesn't care, as long as those subs keep rolling in and the stockholders receive their dividends, well, you know the rest...

Apparently there was some Dev blog or interview somewhere that explained the set bonuses would only transfer on new gear sets. Why it wasn't in the patch notes is beyond me, all that I can say is this is what most of us have come to expect from Failware.

I imagine the Dev response to you will be along the lines of 'L2P newb' or some such.

The entire point was so people could customize their gear, and without the set bonus being transferred over - everyone will STILL look the same until they get the pve or pvp gear sometime down the road. I don't get it

Same for me.

Half a million to lose my set bonuses.

C'mon how about a "WARNING, SET BONUSES WILL NOT CARRY OVER" before I pay a huge sum to pull out my mods?

Oh well.

And hey what about a "WARNING, This is worthless!" warning before you buy that 5million credit ship auction house thing. My guild master got burned thinking it was a normal auction house. It was not.

Bioware if you read this, put in a toggle. Let the ship AH be either a normal, or a black market auction house. Problem solved.

Yup, same here. Turns out there's a post from Georg on the PTS forums from a couple of days ago explaining it. This stuff should be plastered all over the patch notes and promoted to the main page as a important announcement, not left to players to discover at their own expense.

Yeah this is an epic bad move on their part. Why even buy the War hero schematic? Why not just make the old BM gear blue, which still wouldn't be fair? If you buy a war hero combat medic schematic, don't you expect it to have that mod bonus set? Why make schematics for your build if there is nothing tied to the shell? Double failure! Edited by MrSIlverSurfing

Same for me.

Half a million to lose my set bonuses.

C'mon how about a "WARNING, SET BONUSES WILL NOT CARRY OVER" before I pay a huge sum to pull out my mods?

Oh well.

And hey what about a "WARNING, This is worthless!" warning before you buy that 5million credit ship auction house thing. My guild master got burned thinking it was a normal auction house. It was not.

Bioware if you read this, put in a toggle. Let the ship AH be either a normal, or a black market auction house. Problem solved.

The problem is it is another 500k to move them back in. I wonder how many thousands of people are going to lose 1 million credits from this garbage?

Set bonuses cary over, at least for champion and BM gear. They follow the armor mod. An armor mod for legs must go into a crafted legwear and so on.

The confusion comes when you look at your new item because the set bonses do not show up there.

Go to a pvp vendor and hilight one of the items that you used before. It will list the set bonuses there and hilight what you have and the pieces you dont have will not be highlited. You should be able to figure out what you have.

Edited by HelinCarnate

That is your GM's Fault it clearly says that it is a NEUTRAL GTN. If he doesn't know what a neutral gtn is then thats not biowares fault.

I knew this would happen! Where were all you people when we were begging Bioware to change this on PTS?!?!?

Everyone in the PTS forum on the thread was begging them to change this but the issue was so confusing to the masses that they didnt care!

Now you see it was all smoke and mirrors.

Set bonuses cary over, at least for champion and BM gear. They follow the armor mod. An armor mod for legs must go into a crafted legwear and so on.

The confusion comes when you look at your new item because the set bonses do not show up there.

Go to a pvp vendor and hilight one of the items that you used before. It will list the set bonuses there and hilight what you have and the pieces you dont have will not be highlited. You should be able to figure out what you have.

Again... NO!

There is a bug that shows them as "Lit up" on other pieces like you have the set bonus. But try logging out and back in. You will see it is no longer "Lit up". This bug has been around with set bonus since the came out.

Also, you can confirm you dont have the set bonus by some simple tests or by looking at your stat sheet if you have a buff as a bonus.

It was plainly stated that the set bonuses would only move with the armoring starting with the new tier of gear. This isn't BW failing...
Not everyone read the forums. If you're going to plainly state, do it in the patch notes. That's what I read to get definitive info on the patch. Call me crazy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.