Do quests get harder?

waterdragonrai

I was playing with two friends last night on Belsavis. One is a level 50 helping me level. We entered a quest (don't remember which one) and he said that there seemed to be more elites that he remembered.

My question is this: Does anyone know if regular quests get harder when there's more than two players in a group?

I was playing with two friends last night on Belsavis. One is a level 50 helping me level. We entered a quest (don't remember which one) and he said that there seemed to be more elites that he remembered.

My question is this: Does anyone know if regular quests get harder when there's more than two players in a group?

That hasn't happened to me when I played with a Lvl 50 at my side, but it could be coincidence or we were just really good at dodging them. :)

I don't do heroics often but I'm pretty sure that I've seen bosses go from elite to champion in some heroics or flashpoints when the group was larger. I don't recall ever seeing more elites because of group size. Obviously non-instance quests aren't affected by group size.

Not exactly, but some of the quests that at launch were Heroic 2+ are now Heroic 4, and some old Heroic 4's are now Heroic 2+.

However, if you do a Heroic 2+ quest solo today, the mobs in the instance will be exactly the same level as when you did it yesterday with 3 other people (assuming that Bioware have not been tweaking in the meantime).

Yes.

If you enter an instanced area for a mission with 3+ people, it will be more difficult. One or two people in a group is one difficulty, and once you have a third it adds more elites and strongs to an area. I saw this firsthand as I leveled with my gf, but we would have my friend play with us sometimes. Two of us would enter an area, then the third would come in and a message about "Additional reinforcements have arrived" or something like that would appear on screen. More strongs and elites would then spawn in with the existing groups.

If the Heroic/Flashpoint is 4Man, then it is not effected by how many people are in your group. But Heroics and Flashpoints that are 2Man actually say 2Man+, and if you have a third person it will be harder, and if you add a 4th it will be harder still. THat's the "Plus" part of the 2Man+....

If the Heroic/Flashpoint is 4Man, then it is not effected by how many people are in your group. But Heroics and Flashpoints that are 2Man actually say 2Man+, and if you have a third person it will be harder, and if you add a 4th it will be harder still. THat's the "Plus" part of the 2Man+....

Not just Heroics and Flashpoints, any instanced content gets a difficulty upgrade by having more than two people in a group (but also better loot).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.