Patch 1.2.0a is BROKEN! Rerolled to pre-1.2

Xrande

Name one that has had 3 days of horrible bugs, IN A ROW.

EVERQUEST - Launch of Scars of Velious. Game was unplayable for many people for over 2 weeks with nightly patches (directX 7 required to play)

ASHERONS CALL - At launch was unplayable for the most part for a week or more. For the first three days you couldnt install the game from the CD and had to download a patch to install the base game without it crashing.

World of Warcraft - Many early patches during Vanilla would cause crashing and horrible loot lag and casting lag that it was pretty unplayable. This happened after one of the early patches like 1.2 or 1.3 I remember my main was in his 20s around red ridge.

SWTOR is not is no worse than any other major MMO. It actually launched much smoother than most including WoW.

Patches, especially major ones sometimes bring about these issues. I can recall more than a few times both Everquest and WoW having to Rollback after a very bad patch. Everquest rolled back over 8 hours of gameplay once.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but once you get to 50, you can't fall out of your spaceship without making credits. You get ~200k a day with dailies alone.

If you are a crafter and you don't have stuff on the GTN selling making you more credits then non-crafters then you need to stop nawing on your ear and get better at thinking.

Everyone trying to troll or saying they are gonna unsubb are either first time MMO players or play WoW. If you are first time players then get used to this. It is a major content update it has issues, all MMOs do. and all WoW players that are just saying WoW doesn't have problems they have had it, content is major things so you can't find every little issue in testing. If you wanted them to find everything before launch then have fun waiting a year. Putting a big update live finds the issues almost instantly then they fix them and you have it way sooner then you would have. Give then a day or two to fix everything and go back and play. Once again..

ALL MMOs HAVE ISSUES

AFTER CONTENT UPDATES!

Edited by DathWicked

Lose what? A few hours of online time? Reading this forum and all the crying just proves stereotypes that most MMO people are socially awkward and have lost their real world perspective.

Best post I've read today and between this thread and the 30 days free whinefest, I've seen some good ones.

Honestly. Can you people whinnie anymore. One this game has better graphics then World of Warcraft, and DC Online. yes it has a few bugs. Yea someone screwed up today. Oh my god its the end of the world. This 1.2 is a big patch that oh wait we don't have to pay for like we would have in wow or dco. Legacy if you look into it good enough its a great thing. And pvp, everything they have done is better that alot of mmo out there. For real people stop your whinning and get over yourselves your only paying 15 a month for a great game over all. And all you can do is complain you don't have this or you don't have that, or this bug. Oh wait go to wow and worry about someone hacking your account and stealing everything from you and your guild, do you have to worry about that in this game so far no. I say thats better. And gold farmers do you see alot of that in this game no but you do in other mmo's. So honestly Stop your whinning.

OK Sugar, don't get ahead of yourself :) the graphics in this game are crap. Rift has SUPERIOR graphics if we're going to talk gaming here. A FEW bugs??? If this is what you consider a "FEW" bugs, I'd hate to see what you think a lot of them are lmao! Rift tosses out giant patches all the time and we NEVER have this kind of debacle. WoW tosses out large updates and patches and you know what? We NEVER have this kind of debacle. And sorry to burst your biodrone bubble but NO everything that they do in this game is DEFINATELY NOT BETTER THAN OTHER MMO'S. What drugs have you been taking? This entire game is instanced. You can't explore without encountering an exhaustion zone, we're JUST NOW getting the simple NORMAL things that all MMO's have and BW, in their infinite wisdom, massively SCREWED us over YET AGAIN!

For real people stop your whinning and get over yourselves your only paying 15 a month

That's right Sugar, I AM PAYING REAL WORLD MONEY TO PLAY A GAME THAT I'M NOT ABLE TO PLAY BECAUSE OF A SCREW UP FROM OUR GENIUS DEVS. I EXPECT AND DEMAND TO GET COMPENSATED FOR MY DOWN-TIME. WHY AM I PAYING MONEY TO SOMEONE AND NOT GETTING ANYTHING IN RETURN????!!!! MAYBE YOU HAVE MONEY TO THROW OUT THE WINDOW INTO THE STREET BUT I'M SURE A LOT OF PPL HERE DON'T AND SUGGEST EVERYONE HERE COMPLAIN TO HIGH HEAVEN THAT THEY GET COMPENSATED FOR LOST PLAY TIME.

Everyone trying to troll or saying they are gonna unsubb are either first time MMO players or play WoW. If you are first time players then get used to this. It is a major content update it has issues, all MMOs do. and all WoW players that are just saying WoW doesn't have problems they have had it, content is major things so you can't find every little issue in testing. If you wanted them to find everything before launch then have fun waiting a year. Putting a big update live finds the issues almost instantly then they fix them and you have it way sooner then you would have. Give then a day or two to fix everything and go back and play. Once again..

ALL MMOs HAVE ISSUES AFTER CONTENT UPDATES!

Criticism of a ****** patch is not trolling.

I'd love to see BW take all of the accounts of people in this thread ************ about how they "DEMAND to be compensated", and who think their $15/mo entitles them to be treated like internet royalty . . . and refund them their $0.30 for the downtime, and then ban their accounts.

"You think our game is so bad? Have fun not being allowed to play it anymore. We're sorry we couldn't provide you with the gaming experience you were seeking. Good luck finding it elsewhere."

Then watch as they all e-rage out about how they can't play the game they *****ed about so much anymore . . . the image in my head if immense nerd-rage makes me rofl

This has to be one of the dumbest posts I've ever read...ever...

Owned heheh what a laugh this guys are, if this is true I think they wanna close doors soon, this game will be the most epic fail in mmo history!

Patch 1.1 and 1.2 hehehe.. so sad!

What's sad is your understanding that mistakes don't happen. Question. 1.1 Has been out for awhile. Why are you still playing if it's so sad?

UPDATE: 10:53AM CDT

During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.

We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST, 9:00AM AEST). We'll update you with information in this thread when we have it.

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected downtime today. We’ll update you with more details later.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.

Did I read that right? April 14th?:mad:

And this is why this community is what it is, intelligence is strong with this one /sarcasm

Its ok to not get what I paid for. Here take my money and let me bend over a barrel for you too sir. Intelligence is strong with this one /sarcasm

id just like to say thank you to bw for fixing the problems i know that there are alot of whiners but people need to understand that thinks dont always go to plan thankyou for brining us this game as alot of people like it even though the whine and moan

again thank you

'UPDATE: 10:53AM CDT

During last night's maintenance, some areas of the game were reverted to pre-Game Update 1.2 status. Some areas were 'missing' and characters that were in those areas would be unavailable. We took the live servers offline at approx 9:30AM CDT (Austin time).

Our server and deployment teams are now working to rebuild assets for the live servers, but this is unfortunately not a quick process. We currently estimate that our downtime could be up to eight hours, but that time may be extended.

We are expecting the servers to be available again at 6:00PM CDT (April 14th, 12:00AM BST, 1:00AM CEST, 9:00AM AEST). We'll update you with information in this thread when we have it.

We sincerely apologize for the unexpected downtime today. We’ll update you with more details later.

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this issue.'

Ta-da 1 day without SWTOR.

//turns on vader voice changer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

thank you for the customizable UI and the graphical changes......but everything with the word Legacy is complete garbage....suggestion: keep the graphics and ui...delete the rest, rename it 1.2 UI update...now get to work making something better...id rather wait 4 more months for something kick ***** than this stuff...i worked hard for legacy 23 and now it cost tons of credit for ABSOLUTE crappy looking lvl 16 gear...couldnt have given us neat looking gear that lvled with us for the amount of coin your charging?

Lose what? A few hours of online time? Reading this forum and all the crying just proves stereotypes that most MMO people are socially awkward and have lost their real world perspective.

Is that you Gabe?