New reward system : workaround

Hedge

The new commendation reward system has some easy workaround.

* do NOT use queue solo option anymore but go in with a solid 4 men premade and faceroll the puggers for easy commendations.

* do NOT solo queue anymore cause the chance you take the place from someone that just left his losing team has increased massively since patch and you will end a game with 0 0 0 rewards since you popped in late.

* do NOT invest your efforts anymore as an individual to try to make your team win because : you're a top healer, top damager or tank. When the team loses you'll get almost nothing anyway for your effort even when you're ranked n° 1 amongst the 16 participants when it comes to dmg, defense and healing commendations.

no, seriously.

The NEW commendations/medals awarded for fast team wins : objectives are welcomed with open arms but the massive reduction of rewards for the losing team destroys the pvp fun for many.

Because of this system the gear gap between the upper faction on each server will be even bigger.

Because of this change we face even more people quitting wz pre-end.

Soon there will be only same faction teams facing each other depending the server you play on it'll be imp or reb.

Those that like to call in that people should stop whining are most certainly those being on the upper hand faction / part of premades when they pvp.

The normal warzones should be an environment where every single player could enjoy himself and would be rewarded for the kind of player he is not for the nature of the pug group he's part of in every single battle.

Patch 1.2 : More for the winning team : I agree. Less to none for the losing : harsh and unnessecary change.

Don't undertand me wrong in my guild we have a very solid pvp core. When we team up we mostly win game after game but even then I do call these changes BAD for most people that also enjoyed pvp in pug environment.

regards

Edited by Hedge

To summarize, he wants rewards for losing and participating... lol

Same people who ruined this new generation of babying kids by giving everyone a participate trophy.

I queued solo 8 times yesterday. The worst amount of comms I got for a loss was 43.

Edited by UnderatedNoob

I was getting 30-60 Commendations in losing games and 80-100 in winning games. The difference isn't that bad if you team actually tries to do objectives.

I agree. They act like its 100 or its zero.

Worst I got for a loss was 43. Worst I got for a win was 65.

Best for a loss was 62. For a win 103.

Seems like a fair system.

Is it really that hard to get 3 medals? I have popped into some losing games and hit 3 medals fairly quickly. Not that it matters. Some games I get alot of comms, some games I don't, a few I get nothing. But, it is still fun. I played 10-15 solo queue (on the less populated faction) games last night and all of them were pretty fun.

Only got the new one once. :(

Lots of Voidstar and Aldraan :(

Same people who ruined this new generation of babying kids by giving everyone a participate trophy.

I queued solo 8 times yesterday. The worst amount of comms I got for a loss was 43.

^ this

Let the new forms of qq on the pvp forums start. Actually took less time then I thought.

1. I wanna win when I am not winning.

Edited by Cegwulf

This is of course, absolute rubbish..

Avg commendations for loss-38-40

Avg for win, 100.

i'm sick of people saying that people are just wanting free handouts. Of course the losing team shouldn't get as much, but the star players who pulled off incredible feats during the match should not go unrewarded. The pvp system was better when people had a reason to get more medals because even if they lost, they got more reward. People like this guy saying they just want freebies are narrow minded and not listening to our actual complaint.

This is of course, absolute rubbish..

Avg commendations for loss-38-40

Avg for win, 100.

I can only post from what I've experienced. In the 10 games I played, (6 wins, 4 losses) those were my results.

P.S. In the time it took me to reply, I could have had 5 medals. People need to stop being bad.

If the game had started with this system and then added rewards for losing there would be a big stink about being rewarded for losing, winners being entitled to greater rewards, and on and on and on.

If what people are saying about the rewards being reduced and not taken away entirely then AWESOME! It pushes people to try to win even in PUGs. Of course PvPers are notoriously bad loser so they'll be a lot more nerdrage in the WZs. Growing up is hard!

I agree. If you lose, you should not get so high rewards as people got pre patch. Then again the quitters need a penalty system so that they won't **** up others.

I played a few warzones before the maintenance started. I got 2 wins and 1 loss and the match I lost gave me 56 commendations, which is perfectly fine for a loss.

Edited by PalawaJoko

after skimming through the boards yesterday i was anxious to pvp last night to see what was up. Yes, i am new to MMO and PVP....don't bash me too badly. Every time i play civil war i get totally obliterated! i rarely can get any medals. Last night was no different. The game was so one sided it wasn't funny. I was attacking and hardly doing any damage. Why can't i do more damage? it is so frustrating. i would get ambushed. it was horrible. A lvl 16 jugg had almost 14000hp and here i was at 11200. At the end of the match i was expecting some XP for my expended energy in the constant battle i was engaged in, but big fat 0 across the board. Void star was great our team didn't win, but I have several kills and received xp and comm

And No, I don't agree with the philosophy that everyone is a winner, but come on...in warzones you need to battle and i was. I just never got the kill.

So i play to learn as much as i can.

Jedi Sent - 39

Bounty - 17

Sniper - 19

Sith Sorc - 14

Scoundrel - 14

Edited by angelturbo

after skimming through the boards yesterday i was anxious to pvp last night to see what was up. Yes, i am new to MMO and PVP....don't bash me too badly. Every time i play civil war i get totally obliterated! i rarely can get any medals. Last night was no different. The game was so one sided it wasn't funny. I was attacking and hardly doing any damage. Why can't i do more damage? it is so frustrating. i would get ambushed. it was horrible. A lvl 16 jugg had almost 14000hp and here i was at 11200. At the end of the match i was expecting some XP for my expended energy in the constant battle i was engaged in, but big fat 0 across the board. Void star was great our team didn't win, but I have several kills and received xp and comm

And No, I don't agree with the philosophy that everyone is a winner, but come on...in warzones you need to battle and i was. I just never got the kill.

Jedi Sent - 39

Bounty - 17

Sniper - 19

Sith Sorc - 14

Scoundrel - 14

Not trying to bash you, but it seems like you just need to get better and more experienced at the games.

Find the easiest ways to get medals and go for those (while also playing objectives). If you only have 11k health, try upgrading a few pieces of your gear. That will go a long way to help in lowbie warzones.

The real problem with these changes is gaining no credits for warzones. PvP is supposed to be content and its no impossible to maintain a character at 50 if you only did PvP since you would have no monetary income.

That needs changing.

This new system is will result in players giving up on PvP however, since the previous rewards at least encouraged teams to stick it out until the end and try- which in the end meant more PvP and more new players getting experience. Now thats not going to happen because people are quitting super fast.

Jedi Sent - 39

Bounty - 17

Sniper - 19

Sith Sorc - 14

Scoundrel - 14

Get a guild, find yourself 3 friends that know how to play and let them teach you. Not bashing. When you're totally new to the whole thing, finding a mentor is the BEST way to get better fast.

Get the best gear possible for your level, don't forget about implants, relics, earpiece etc. Use med pacs and stims to boost your stats. And learn the maps. People forget how important that is. Learn where the health buffs, speed buffs and expertise buffs are in the warzones. Learn where hiding corners are to heal back up. Know the map and know the objectives. Know what you even have to do to get those medals. Just getting the killing blow - that's ONE medal ;) There's tons of others for other things.

Short: Find someone on your server (guild or single player doesn't matter), that knows their **** and is willing to help you :) And just ignore everyone who calls you noob etc. They are not worth your attention :3

Erase rewards for losing and you also lose half the players. Yes they will be the worst half but that is still half. Then of those that are left, you will lose half again when they are losing constantly. To summarize, you have no idea what you are talking about...lol

Erase rewards for losing and you also lose half the players. Yes they will be the worst half but that is still half. Then of those that are left, you will lose half again when they are losing constantly. To summarize, you have no idea what you are talking about...lol

losing =/= participating (I know that was his quote) But I'm saying I half agree.

If you end a warzone with 2 medals cause you got stomped, you deserve nothing in my mind.

I lose all the time.

I never lose alderaan with the opponent having more than 300 points.

I rarely lose huttball or voidstar 6-0. But it does happen.

But when I do... I Hope I Get Nothing.

Edited by UnderatedNoob

You must not play on a small, unbalanced server like some of us do. Our Rep side got 0 0 0 rewards in most games yesterday.

It's funny bc i belong to a guild and i always see that lonely "Guild: 1" whenever i am logged on...sometimes it will say 2. There are over 75 in guild none seem to be advanced, so I guess have stopped playing and the 4 lvl 50's are prob the ones that started the Guild.

Anyway, i've got the relics and implants mostly playing the sent lately trying to up the strenth and endur. I always get stunned to no end in wz and the resolve doesn't seem to do much. I get to 7.8 on the objective and then get blasted or stunned. I go up top to force stasis someone who is destroying a team mate. But i will keep playing because i really enjoy it. Hey if i can catch the hutt ball and pass the hutt ball then I can't be too suckish :cool:

i'm sick of people saying that people are just wanting free handouts. Of course the losing team shouldn't get as much, but the star players who pulled off incredible feats during the match should not go unrewarded. The pvp system was better when people had a reason to get more medals because even if they lost, they got more reward. People like this guy saying they just want freebies are narrow minded and not listening to our actual complaint.

I did listen to the complaint and it read:

"When I lose I still want my juice pack and trophy to put on my shelf."

There is no other way to read it. If you lose and still get 3 medals you are getting "rewards" they just aren't enough for the people who can't build winning strats and teams.

Jedi Sent - 39

Bounty - 17

Sniper - 19

Sith Sorc - 14

Scoundrel - 14

Don't be discouraged by that experience or by people on this thread for that matter. PVP in any MMO takes a lot of practice. Many here have the advantage of pvp'ing in other MMO's and have a basic idea of how certain things work. It gives them a slight advantage but this, as i said, is experience based. Keep on pushing because the more you pvp is the better you get, you can't get worse. Even if you lose, a lot, keep fighting cause it will only benefit you.

all what the op said is correct.

but what is the problem that ruins the fun?

E x p e r t i s e

without it you don't have to whine why your team looses. (expertise gear gap)

without it if you get owned then you are the bad pvper and you should play better next time.

i am a player with a BM gear enjoying the bonus of expertise but i really find it worthless.

i don't need to play smart at all when someone vs me has low gear expertise.

there are warzones i join and my team (bm geared) dominates the opponent without having an actual tactic to win. simple go there, wipe them, take point back.

i'm going to say this for the last time.

pve and pvp gears were created for financial aspects. a company wants players to be busy playing with something. while BW promised and failed to bring Ranked live in 1.2 patch,

you are free to grind 40.000wz points(or so) to collect war hero gear.

They choose NOT to create a pvp epic concept that everyone will be proud to be part of this game, instead they give you pvp gears to grind and once you obtain them, you're cool off. waiting for the next update and new gears. monkeys eventually understand that this is a trick to get your money. humans do not

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.