30 days free game time for level 50? Bioware are wrong

monkeydud

Well I said I was signing off the forums... but I am OUTRAGED

I saw a link about this new free pet and happened to stumble on this little gem.

A SPECIAL GIFT FOR OUR LEVEL 50 PLAYERS – 30 DAYS OF PLAY TIME ON US!

As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.

In order to receive your thirty (30) days of game time, you must meet the following requirements by April 12th, 2012, at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT:

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

You must have at least one level 50 character.

Your account must not be banned.

So I have been a sub since launch day and what do I have to show for it? Oh I can call myself `Founder`? Well roll out the fireworks...

My main toon is `only` level 36. This is because

A. I am not in a hurry to be level 50

B. There are other things in the world to do

C.I now have 6 alts and have tried and discarded a few that didn't `work` for me.

D.If anyone has read any of my new player posts or has `met` Psiax,Ana-Matronix or Ellamae

I devote a TON of time to mentoring new players.

Given the amount of time I spend on lower level planets recruiting for our Guild,Running Flashpoint and Heroics with new players,crafting free cybertech for people,telling jokes in general chat I am not `VALUED` enough for Bioware?

Now dont get me wrong powerlevelling, having one alt etc is a perfectly valid playstyle. So is taking your time to smell the virtual roses. One is NOT better than the other.

But lets be honest someone could EASILY have a level 50 character after one month of subscribing. So they get a lovely £8.99/$15 gift ? and I can go jump as far as Bioware are concerned?

That is wrong,short sighted and a slap in the face to EVERY long term subscriber like myself.I urge ANYONE in this position to stand up and be counted. I have written to EA expressing my disgust in the strongest possible terms. If you have a shred of self respect please do the same.

We are ALL customers of EA/Bioware and they have NO right to split us into the `have and havenots` based on some arbitrary criteria. Whats next? financial reward for people with a full roster of characters on every server? How about 6 weeks free sub for the toon with the funniest name? Just as arbitrary as a level number that tbh means very little...

I agree with this post 100 percent. I have been playing since launch but like the original poster I have taken my time to enjoy the game and try different classes. Just because my main is not level 50 is not a reason to penalize me.

I absolutely agree with post 100% as I to have no level 50's either because I enjoy making alts and trying new things. Plus I'm in no rush to get to 50 either. Bioware have made yet another mistake by doing this and they need to either drop the reward altogether or re-evaluate it and give it to long time subscribers.

#1 It's $15, big woop.

If you're crying over them saying most "valued" customers, you have really thin skin.

If you've been playing since launch, if you took your time playing, you could have easily gotten 50 and still enjoyed yourself.

Do I think that they should give EVERYONE that has played since launch a free month, ya, I think that would be more fair. But I'm not going to QQ over $15 that I didn't get.

What a "wonderful" move on your part Bioware and EA to reward a certain player base with free time while excluding another.

Look, I love the game. Enjoy the hell out of it. I don't know the numbers you have regarding what percentage of launch players have a character at 50 opposed to those that don't to make this cost effective for you, but you are still excluding a percentage of the people that played and supported this game since launch.

You may want to keep those 50's around because there isn't much content yet, I don't know, but giving other people free time when there are still people above chugging away on several characters, taking their time, paying their monthly fee to you is pretty much like a slap in the face. And you know, good for the players that hit 50 to get to that end game content. They got to 50 quicker than I could. I hope they enjoy their free month.

This should have been rewarding the entire community rather than one part if there were truly no alterior motives. But of course there were. You say you're all about community but then when it comes down to it you only reward a certain section. This should have been all or nothing and I can't believe that whoever thought of this (your PR or Marketing team) didn't think there would be a backlash.

I would suggest getting a new Director of Marketing and PR representation at this point because if this isn't address and fixed I'm taking my money and my 3 month block of subscription back to Blizzard, or Guild Wars 2, or The Secret World...Hell, DC Universe would is an option at this point. There are quite a few other MMO's I'm sure would be appreciative of me for handing over my money.

I'm taking my money and my 3 month block of subscription back to Blizzard, or Guild Wars 2, or The Secret World...Hell, DC Universe would is an option at this point. There are quite a few other MMO's I'm sure would be appreciative of me for handing over my money.

I think it's best for all of us if you just leave now :)

So repost of my Guild website thread just to keep it all interconnected

I urge ALL my guildmates regardless of their level/time subbed to write to EA. Players like us in a Guild like Pulse/Cocoon l'cie ARE the game. The community spirit and reputaion we have in the game are what MAKES an MMO. For those that have played with or talked to Psiax,Ana-matronix,Ellamae,Psylar or Helen'bakk I am asking for your support.

If you haven't then you can see how much love I have for this game by the amount of time and effort I have put into the site,the Forums and our Youtube video. I am normally a pretty mild mannered guy but Bioware/EA have really and truly got up my nose on this one. Being Level 50 means NOTHING and is not worth a free month of play time If a selfless,comitted and all round nice guy like me does not. The same goes for every one of you in the guild and EVERY subscriber to SW:TOR.

Either we ALL deserve a free month or NO-ONE does.

Please keep my official thread bumped and take the time to write to EA/Bioware and let them know we are ALL equal. It is the only way they are going to realise how monumentally wrong they are on this.

/rantover

John

People power is THE only way to reverse this decision. They are SO wrong on this there is not even a word that has been invented that describes it.

Indeed the mail is poorly worded and could easily be taken the wrong way by people without 50's.

I think the reason they stipulate having a 50 as eligibility is because they did not include the rated Warzones with 1.2 which for many people was a major draw to keep subbed post 1.2. Lower level players wouldn't miss them anyway as they are for 50's only and so BW may have felt they let the PVPrs down.

Whether this is fair or not it's pretty clear this is why they have done it.

My guess is it goes 50 only because BW realizes their endgame is pretty bad atm, and leveling is much more enjoyable. So way higher chance for a 50 to stop playing/sub.

Now I will not comment on if they shouldve made it flat out 1 month giveaway or not, its their decision, but I will say one thing. 'Powergaming', 'rushing', etc could have applied in first month or so, but not now. It has been almost 5 months since game was launched, having at least one 50 in that time is by no means reserved to powergamers anymore.

So repost of my Guild website.... wall of text

QQ QQ QQ

John

People power is THE only way to reverse this decision. They are SO wrong on this there is not even a word that has been invented that describes it.

I fixed your post :)

I just read about this and am as outraged as the op. I've been playing since day one of the pre-release (12DEC?), but my main character is only level 47. If I had know about this I could've been 50, but instead I'm left feeling ripped off. Bioware has obviously made a huge mistake. I'd like to see them re-think this reward, and at least give it to everyone that's a founder.

I don't have a problem with the free month to people with 50's. It's been done before. I don't have the re-order so don't get access to the store, which is still in the game, and gives access to colour crystals I really would like to be able to just buy, but I can't, even 4 months in, but that's the way Bioware have done it, and that's how it is. I have to add I found leveling crazilly fast, and I DID NOT space-bar missions and conversations.

#1 It's $15, big woop.

If you're crying over them saying most "valued" customers, you have really thin skin.

If you've been playing since launch, if you took your time playing, you could have easily gotten 50 and still enjoyed yourself.

Do I think that they should give EVERYONE that has played since launch a free month, ya, I think that would be more fair. But I'm not going to QQ over $15 that I didn't get.

You are missing the point of my post SO much it's not even funny. It is in NO way anything to do with the MONEY. The point of me highlighting VALUED is that by inference people like myself and the majority who have posted here are somehow LESS valued.

And again how is it that my main NOT being level 50 means that i have NOT enjoyed myself? And says who I'm `crying` .. I am `OUTRAGED` for EVERY player in my position not `Sad`

Like I said I have gotten a HUGE amount of joy from mentoring new players,running FPs as `guardian` and crafting for HOURS even if I get very little experience. Not to mention the demands of real life, LA Noire,Vindictus,Skyrim,Mass Effect 3,Kingoms of Amalur,Disney Universe,Website design,Champions Online and Lord knows what other things I have been doing since November...

If the only thing you can do is Troll then tbh thanks but no thanks. Fine if you cant be arsed to think `hang on thats not right...` and actually try and organise a response to EA then more power to you.

But seriously pal do NOT get on my case just because I can.

`If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it.`

People could really do with following this maxim more nowadays.

>_>

Stop moaning about not getting 30 days of subscription.

Bioware isn't penalising you, they're just rewarding level 50s AND GIVING THEM A REASON TO CONTINUE PLAYING THEIR GAME.

Honestly, quit threatening to cancel your subscription because you clearly havent been playing Bioware's game enough to gave them any reason to reward you.

Really, that like raging at an awards ceremony simply because you didn't get first place/a trophy.