1.2 Is Not a Nerf Bat, It is a Hammer

So I spent several hours last night, as most did, going through some content on 1.2 to test out the changes. The nerfs are incredibly hard to everything but marauders. And btw, I very approve the Mar buff and am happy for those people.

1. The mitigation on my PT Shield is now diminished to the point that the marauders were soaking up damage better than me(undying rage). I was basically useless at certain points. Before 1.2, I would have people asking me to tank all the time. Post 1.2, I doubt they will bother.

2. The DPS on my toon ... which was appropriately weak before ... has been slashed. When I do Death from Above ... the dmg has gone down about 50% from before. My DPS was always useful in helping the group beat tough enrage timers. I guess not anymore.

3. My pet, Mako, had her stats reduced ... drastically. She is geared in Tionese / Columi and had 16500K HP with buffs. Now that is down to 14350. Moreover, her cunning was reduced by something like 50% to ~1000.

4. Xalex on my other toon had his defense rating reduced in half. He was geared in purple daily + tionese with columi bracer & earpiece and critted implants. Basically, he useless as a tank now for my sorcerer.

5. The corellia heroic mission is insane. The mobs do more dmg there than in FPs or OPS. All you get for the effort and wipes is 3 comm and a weekly.

There are many more issues ... but let me sum it up. I knew 1.2 would be a disaster for me. There was almost nothing worthwhile in it and tons nerfs. Now I see it is even worse. Already, our only 2 healers in the guild have quit. I can't blame them but I will miss these very nice people. I will also miss doing any end game content for whatever time is left on my account.

I am not going to QQ or plead or anything like that. All I ask is why ...

Why is it necessary to gimp pets(usable in dailies only)?

Why is it necessary to be geared in columi to do a quest that awards comm?

Why is it necessary to have Rakata stims and adrenals ... to complete BT(easiest FP)?

Why?

In PVP, there is a big noticable difference in wearing the old centurion/champ or new recruit gear compared to the new version of battle master and war hero.

The amount of expertise on the new stuff is staggering. When I first tried 1.2 pvp, my survivability was horrible. As I started adding in BM pieces through the day I can tell a noticable difference.

On my other toon that is full BM already I felt stronger than before.

Nah, He is right to be complaining. Lots of things happened the patch did not address.

Merc's healing got nerfed really bad, I figured with the sorc heals getting nerfed, merc would now be in line with them, but once again Sorc is still the best heals available.

"5. The corellia heroic mission is insane. The mobs do more dmg there than in FPs or OPS. All you get for the effort and wipes is 3 comm and a weekly."

Lol how did you wipe on that? It's so easy...

"The nerfs are incredibly hard to everything but marauders."

Wrong, my scoundrel got buffed in both healing and damage :)

So I spent several hours last night, as most did, going through some content on 1.2 to test out the changes. The nerfs are incredibly hard to everything but marauders. And btw, I very approve the Mar buff and am happy for those people.

1. The mitigation on my PT Shield is now diminished to the point that the marauders were soaking up damage better than me(undying rage). I was basically useless at certain points. Before 1.2, I would have people asking me to tank all the time. Post 1.2, I doubt they will bother.

2. The DPS on my toon ... which was appropriately weak before ... has been slashed. When I do Death from Above ... the dmg has gone down about 50% from before. My DPS was always useful in helping the group beat tough enrage timers. I guess not anymore.

3. My pet, Mako, had her stats reduced ... drastically. She is geared in Tionese / Columi and had 16500K HP with buffs. Now that is down to 14350. Moreover, her cunning was reduced by something like 50% to ~1000.

4. Xalex on my other toon had his defense rating reduced in half. He was geared in purple daily + tionese with columi bracer & earpiece and critted implants. Basically, he useless as a tank now for my sorcerer.

5. The corellia heroic mission is insane. The mobs do more dmg there than in FPs or OPS. All you get for the effort and wipes is 3 comm and a weekly.

There are many more issues ... but let me sum it up. I knew 1.2 would be a disaster for me. There was almost nothing worthwhile in it and tons nerfs. Now I see it is even worse. Already, our only 2 healers in the guild have quit. I can't blame them but I will miss these very nice people. I will also miss doing any end game content for whatever time is left on my account.

I am not going to QQ or plead or anything like that. All I ask is why ...

Why is it necessary to gimp pets(usable in dailies only)?

Why is it necessary to be geared in columi to do a quest that awards comm?

Why is it necessary to have Rakata stims and adrenals ... to complete BT(easiest FP)?

Why?

The thing with the companions is a bug not a nerf, for some reason the implants and earpiece aren't being registered when they are summoned. un-equipping and re-equipping should fix it (every time they are summoned or put away)

I had zero issues soloing the new dailies on my OP, and 3 of us did the 4-man pretty easily (the hardest part was finding those stupid caches). I can't speak for the other healers but mine hasn't changed, if anything it was improved to make it more viable.

Edited by Kamay

I agree, they killed Sages. I loved playing my Sage, now in pvp with almost full champion gear I do very little dmg and all my cc's do nothing. I had an op drop a flaming orb righ beside me as he cam out of stealth and stun me, then back stab me and then run away. That's all he had to do to kill me because my break free was on cd. I was able to one vs one any class and either kill them or have a very close fight... now a healer would have no problem out dps'n me.

Likely hood of me resub'n is slim right now.

My Sorc with full healer spec can still heal for the same amount but with the removal of the consumption talent I have the choice of OOM or DIE using consumption (which pretty much is the same as OOM as I can't use any mana when dead :D )

I am sorry but I disagree with you in that point. We did it in a 3men group yesterday. One tank (PT), me (mara) and 1 healer (merc) and had zero wipes, didnt even bother to cc most of the time. The point is the mission is supposed to be hard, cause you end up with lvl146 gear after a few months doing them. So why should it be easier than running a hardmode raid or a hardmode fp as an example? that wouldnt make any sense....

Lol.. I solo'd the corellia heroic last night.

I think there is something wrong with stats somewhere. I saw a jugg in full columni gear with only 12k health. Also the mods in some gear have changed/broken. Since becoming moddable the pvp chest on my merc now has defence rating mods, yet the set bonus and the rest of the set is unchanged. Maybe this patch is some kind of ninja fix. Edited by NasherUK

Why?

Really wish this was the first sentence you would have typed ... so that I can skip the rest. Why? Because yesterday, me and a few players in our guild did BT HM ... without a healer!, as a mock protest against the healer nerfs (really, just for fun).

So uh ... yeah :rolleyes:

P.S: Only one of us in full epics BTW .. and only 2 deaths, no wipes.

Edited by MasterKayote

All the nerfs is why I re subbed. Long over due in my opinon.

^^ This

I still play against Rep teams full of sages and they are still rolling face, now they are just a TINY bit easier to kill for me (as an imp op) FINALLY (since pre 1.2 it was impossible to kill them) Imp Op healer is another thing all together, op as (good ones that know how to play anyways) also same as mara's , no idea why the most powerful class in the game got buffed... even the abilities they got ok so they were saying they were needed, what about dropping their dmg then / ******** cooldowns that allows them (I've seen it WZ after WZ killing 3 people and they aint scrubs either, the mara is just good but hell even a good play shouldn't be able to take out 3 other good players) I'm in full BM and a Mara can kill me in less than 2 seconds.... (as an Imp Op)

I dunno seriously what Healers are crying about, you were OP before, now you are a bit more in line, if you cant adjust to playing a balanced class go away and stop crying.... I'm WAY more nerfed than you guys are yet I'm not crying about my class, I've SEEN good healers still playing and they dominate still. (BH's, Imp ops / sages etc)

"Well, the companions apparantly can be fixed somewhat by unequipping then requipping their gear. A glitch, or something."

Thanks, I will give this a shot.

You didn't post any numbers besides your own bias observations. In fact, the only hard numbers you gave were companion stats, which is a known bug that can be fixed by re-equipping your earpeices and implants on your companions.

The rest of your post is just opinion.

I don't agree with some of the stealth changes, but not enough yet to make me quit. The DFA nerf was ******. If you're going to reduce the damage, don't reduce the radius. Its pathetic as an AoE ability now unless the mobs are having an up close circle jerk.

I definitely feel like I am being mauled faster in this patch than before doing dailies. Even with Mako out (in full columi), I have to R&R before going into the next group. Not very useful when I am trading out the dps of a companion for one that is supposed to keep me healed.

I did a bit of testing on friday after noticing my SCORPIO had less than 15k hp. The items that must be reequipped every time the companion spawns are;

Earpiece,

Both implants

Also - if a piece of gear has the mods changed *while* a companion is wearing them then that item must be reequipped otherwise the stats are not recognised.

I haven't had any problems with it. Just CC a few golds and mop up---you don't even need a healer if you know how to use your cooldowns.

Way to spread false information here...

1. Undying rage makes for better tanking? Seriously? Let those Marauders tank it then I say...

2. Yes, DfA aoe was nerfed, but it won't impact your dps against single targets at all, which is the most important factor for enrage timers.

3. This is a bug. Companion earpieces/implants stop working whenever they respawn.

4. Xalek always was bugged, defense stats never did anything for him.

5. The patch notes make it seem like farming those solo was not intended by the devs, yes. If it does bug you that much, you can always do something else though...

Just while we're here, to all the people in this thread who said "omg the heroic corellia quest is super easy, I solo'd it, you must be bad":

Realise that there is a difference between the republic and empire dailies. By the sounds of it the republic one is easy (certainly if you can solo it); however the empire one is most definately not solo-able, and it could be quite hard with a bad group make-up (I've done it with lots of CC, so it was pretty straighforward, but without appropriate CC there could be issues).

People are too quick to jump up and call other players bad.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.