is synth weaving a lucrative crew skill?

Pyrotox

Hello,

I just started with synth weaving an I wonder if you can make any money with it at level 50

because there are no plans for any lvl 50 gear.

I mean I dont want to get rich there I just dont want to grind this game for credits.

Or is there no need to be scared of getting poor? where do your credits come from?

What crew skill would you suggest for someone who doesnt like farming and grinding?

(btw I will at least spend 50% of my game time on pvp)

With synthweaving, you can buy (for 50k credits) a full pack of BM/War Hero schematics for all armor pieces for force user classes. So, basically, you're going to be the main provider of critically crafted armor pieces for force users. Yeah, I'd guess that will be quite lucrative, in fact, I'm leveling my Synthweave right now.

no because it has no function endgame right now. Even after the magic "fix-everything-that-was-wrong-and-make-everything-better" 1.2 patch. Best stuff is still from vendors. Crafted stuff still has no purpose at 50. You might be able to sell stuff to people who are leveling up.

you can buy (for 50k credits) a full pack of BM/War Hero schematics for all armor pieces for force user classes.

But they are empty and do not have set boni.

On my server they sell for ~30k

and i think it is a lot efford to make beacause you need materials and it has to crit and you cannot RE orange things as far as i know

no because it has no function endgame right now. Even after the magic "fix-everything-that-was-wrong-and-make-everything-better" 1.2 patch. Best stuff is still from vendors. Crafted stuff still has no purpose at 50. You might be able to sell stuff to people who are leveling up.

I am going to have to say, no it has a lot of use at 50. Especially with the poster's statement above your post.

Dude he talking about mod armor for the looks if you like how it looks you going to buy it >.>.. so not useless..

With synthweaving, you can buy (for 50k credits) a full pack of BM/War Hero schematics for all armor pieces for force user classes. So, basically, you're going to be the main provider of critically crafted armor pieces for force users. Yeah, I'd guess that will be quite lucrative, in fact, I'm leveling my Synthweave right now.

Where do i buy thouse schematics, where can i find the dude that sells them?

Synthweaving is not lucrative at all.

1-You can easily fill 5 of your 7 armor slots with Custom (orange) gear found from questing. By the time you knock out the first half of Tatooine (level 24-28 planet) you'll have moddable gear in your head, chest, legs, hands, and feet slots. This leaves room for only two potential slots to craft for: wrists and belt.

2-Synthweaving has access to a fair amount of unmodded Custom gear. The problem is all of this gear is just re-colors (or sometimes a straight up carbon copy) of the questing gear. It costs 9 commendation badges (or cash if you shop the GTN) to fill one piece, whereas the gear you find from questing/Flashpoints is already modded. You do earn some mods from quest rewards but it isn't enough.

3-The crafting system in this game is entirely based on chance. This is a huge setback and turns crafting into just another money sink (especially Synthweaving/Armormech), but with horrible returns. There are also completely useless patterns that you have the chance of learning (such as Defense based gear on Medium armor...). The money spent trying to learn the pattern you want from Reverse Engineering can instead be banked for a more noteworthy investment, especially during the leveling phase of this game. Between quests, Flashpoints, and random world drops, you'll quickly and easily fill in any holes in your gear set (belt and bracers mainly). If you absolutely must have the best of the best in your armor slots while leveling, you can fish the GTN and buy what you need from someone else who made the mistake of picking up Synthweaving.

You can also take a gamble on the Prototype (blue) and Artifact (purple) quality lockboxes that you'll eventually see on Commendation vendors. The Prototype boxes can contain Custom gear and the Artifact boxes can contain gear that dwarfs what you can craft. Since Commenation badges are free (found on as drops/awarded from quests), you have nothing to lose.

Let's also not forget that you can't acquire for yourself the Prototype (blue) and Artifact (purple) quality materials needed to craft high quality gear in any other fashion besides Crew Skill Missions (and the Artifact materials are never guaranteed). Happy hunting on the GTN if you really want to gather these materials for a craft.

4-At level 50 players begin diving into Hard Mode Flashpoints, Operations, and PVP. At this point Synthweaving becomes worthless because there aren't any higher quality patterns to learn past equipment Rating 124.

The only boon to Synthweaving is Bioware gave us the ability to craft the best belt and bracers in the game, but only for ourselves-these items are Bind on Pickup and aren't much better than what you can find (very marginal stat differences).

Another supposed boon to Synthweaving is the ability to create Augmented gear. If a companion crits when crafting, the piece will have an extra slot to fill with an Augment (another item modification/stat boost). However, you can only create Augmented head, chest, and leg Custom pieces; there are no Custom feet and hand patterns for Synthweavers. I already mentioned how creating belts and bracers aren't worth it.

The odds of you at least breaking even on Synthweaving are slim to none. There are currently two ways to generate good cash for yourself through Crew Skill Missions and crafting:

1-Biochem-access to medpacks, stimpacks (2 hour buffs) and adrenals (short term buffs, like Relics or an activated ability). The medpacks and Stims that Biochemists create dwarf those that are found as drops or purchased from vendors. Players use these in difficult Operations.

2-Slicing-You find computer terminals (Slicing's gathering node) throughout the worlds as you quest. These terminals are free cash for Slicers and can crit when gathered, doubling the credits. When you aren't hitting these nodes while questing, you're sending out your companions to gather Lockboxes (credit cases), and at worst, your companion will fail the mission (any gathering Skill can fail). Most of the time you break even so you basically get to level Slicing for free at the worst.

Tresure Hunting also has access to Lockboxes via the Crew Skill Missions system but not the computer terminals that Slicing finds.

In summation, Bioware failed big time with their current crafting system. It's entirely based on chance with a very low return.

Stop thinking of endgame. *rolls eyes* this isn't wow, in swtor, the leveling process is what matters, not endgame which i never tend to do anyway, since 9/10 people tend to take it too seriously and have a fit when something doesn't drop once or they die, they just QQ over and over, its just so offputting.

I dont want to quote the whole text but i expected something like that, thanks for your efford.

I somehow linke synth but its getting uselesser and uselesser and crafting a skill that doesn't make sense in the end is not nice.

In addition to the quest found gear i will buy full pvp gear at 20 / 40 so there is another source of good equip.

I think i will change to biochem, maybe i will take slicing instead of diplomacy because i only want these reusables (and green med packs while leveling) and i think in can buy the materials for reusables at the auction house.

I've been asking myself the same question (and started a thread about it a little bit earlier.)

It seems like nothing more than a money sink. The only sales I make are the orange shells for Jedi Initiate Vestments and Lower robe which are low level patterns and if I had been smarter I would have saved the patterns for an alt and just had an alt craft them.

The time and money involved with RE to anything decent, even for leveling is too large IMHO. Yesterday I RE'ed 34 pairs of bracers (not cheap to make considering the cost of the UW Trading missions to get the cloth) to try to get them to a purple level.

When it finally hit I got an item with presence on it, which lets face it, no one is going to buy, especially at a price where I would somehow make any money back on what I invested in all the RE to start with.

As for the end game I am not there yet, but one thing that I've been reading or had replies to on my own post is that prior to the patch you could sell the epic gear if it crit b/c of the augment slot. Now you can just get a cheap orange shell that crit to do the same thing. Yup the same orange shell that you can make on a char with <100 synthweaving does the same exact thing pretty much.

So do you want to spend credits on the auction house for some crafted items to level with or do you just want to spend commendations to get some mods which costs you nothing? Even if I sold items at a loss (a loss to make back the cost of RE, or getting a purple fabric, or hell even getting the blue fabrics from UW Trading) you can still get comparable gear for practically free with commendations.

You'll also spend more time and money while leveling to try to get an RE, even if its for yourself to use, than if you had spent the time leveling and taken a green quest reward x amount of levels later with that time which would be better.

The trick is the belt and bracer slots. I picked up a belt for 600 credits on the AH (someone prob didn't know what they had when they sold it) and now you can buy bracers from the legacy vendor for 100k.

The only person here who loses out is the crafter who spent tons of time and money gambling to get a decent RE.

That's how I am seeing it now. I am only on my first character in the game and I haven't gotten to the end game yet, so perhaps I'm totally wrong but I haven't read or been told anything differently. This has been my experience with crafting in this game. I wish I could get all those credits back I wasted on trying to RE stuff.

Nothing really changes at endgame for Synthweavers. If you crafted some shells that you like then you can rip the mods out of endgame gear and put them in to keep your look...You can do that anyway and buy shells really cheap (10-20k is nothing at level 50; thats 2-4 daily quests).

orange with augment slots will be best in slot with the new end game gear

and to the guy who said forget endgame and does not do it...

you are the minority...

the people who do not do endgame will be unsubbed within a year

orange with augment slots will be best in slot with the new end game gear

You only need 20 in synthweaving to make an a shell for top/bottom and 100 to make a helmet.

It might take time (based on your luck) to get these patterns from UW Trading or the auction house. Of course if you want certain looks you would need higher skills based on the patterns you are trying to make.

Best gear? Yes b/c of the augment slot. Make synthweaving lucrative? Well you only need 20 in the skill to make the top / bottom shell ... Can easily be done on an alt (even getting to 100 is nothing in terms of time/cost if you aren't trying to RE stuff.) Of course sooner or later most will do this since its very easy, so how does it make it lucrative?

Other than this what does synthweaving really have to offer? I would like an answer to that question if there is one or anyone knows.

They should have made it so max synthweavers or higher level ones crit the orange for augs then it may have been worth investing time into (ducks for cover)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.