What if they Allow us to respec

Rowandiki

Our advanced class.

It's pretty simple. If I can't heal efficiently and effectively then I might as well go the dps route and cloak is cool.

How many sorcerers would take the option if it was available ? A one time nonreversible change, would you take it ?

I would.

It is not just you

Seriously...

Have they not learnt anything from other mmo's? When you make the game less skill oriented you open the floodgates to all the people who can't be bothered to learn how to play their role well. The only thing that will be accomplished by Bioware making the game easier is that the more mature players (the ones who actually bother to learn their classes playstyle, pvp and pve roles) will just leave.

This just leads to more QQ about classes being overpowered/underpowered because none of these new people will bother to learn how to adapt to fighting/avoiding the other classes. Which will lead to more nerfs to classes that don't need it.

You need to stop listening to the whining on the forums and actually test things yourselves. If there are hundreds of forum posts saying a certain skill is being spammed, or a certain mechanic is giving an unfair advantage over the other classes (like the force bending double heal), then you should look into it. Don't just take the word of the consumer, because believe it or not the customer is not always right.

We should have been nerfed, I completely agree. But not this much, what they should have done is remove the double cast of Dark Infusion, but instead of just increasing the crit chance and leaving us with a 2.4 second cast time, they should have reduced the cast time with force bending. I would much rather have a 1.4 second cast, even if it was only the one cast.

I have no qualms on the consumption nerf as I believe it was slightly OP that we could literally have infinite force during any PvE encounter. The change they made is good, it makes you rely on teamwork in order to have longevity in fights.

In all honesty, if there weren't that many players making sorcerers on the PTS. Meaning that there was little to no level 50 healing data in Warzones or PvE content then they should have said something. Not just go ahead with breaking a class that was, in my opinion, one of the only real "Balanced" classes in the game.

You shouldn't be nerfing us, you should be buffing everyone else.

Edited by VVyrdo

Seriously...

Have they not learnt anything from other mmo's? When you make the game less skill oriented you open the floodgates to all the people who can't be bothered to learn how to play their role well. The only thing that will be accomplished by Bioware making the game easier is that the more mature players (the ones who actually bother to learn their classes playstyle, pvp and pve roles) will just leave.

This just leads to more QQ about classes being overpowered/underpowered because none of these new people will bother to learn how to adapt to fighting/avoiding the other classes. Which will lead to more nerfs to classes that don't need it.

You need to stop listening to the whining on the forums and actually test things yourselves. If there are hundreds of forum posts saying a certain skill is being spammed, or a certain mechanic is giving an unfair advantage over the other classes (like the force bending double heal), then you should look into it. Don't just take the word of the consumer, because believe it or not the customer is not always right.

We should have been nerfed, I completely agree. But not this much, what they should have done is remove the double cast of Dark Infusion, but instead of just increasing the crit chance and leaving us with a 2.4 second cast time, they should have reduced the cast time with force bending. I would much rather have a 1.4 second cast, even if it was only the one cast.

I have no qualms on the consumption nerf as I believe it was slightly OP that we could literally have infinite force during any PvE encounter. The change they made is good, it makes you rely on teamwork in order to have longevity in fights.

In all honesty, if there weren't that many players making sorcerers on the PTS. Meaning that there was little to no level 50 healing data in Warzones or PvE content then they should have said something. Not just go ahead with breaking a class that was, in my opinion, one of the only real "Balanced" classes in the game.

You shouldn't be nerfing us, you should be buffing everyone else.

Hit the nail on the head sir!!!

Buffing dps and nerfing heals at the same time makes no sense what so ever.

go ahead buff the dps, oh wait thats the dps dead on floor over there becauase i did not have ANY force to heal him and my tank is barely under 40% hp and guess what I CANT HEAL HIM EITHER wait wait wait theres more I just died because of AOE damage because I could not heal myself, and I had to consume to save the tank and i could not afford aHOT or rivivication on myself BECAUSE IM TRYING TO SAVE TANK

^^^ All this happen last night in new ops.

I completely disagree... The consumption nerf is awful it was a very important thing in HM's as it is so very hard to keep enough force and heal everyone. The nerf was totally uneeded. Sorcerers were no overpowered unless there was 3 or more in one pvp group.... So instead of nerfing us limit the # of one class allowed in any pvp team!!!! The faster cast times and refillable force was something so necessary for the pve groups! I can't do any HM's anymore except Black Talon and even that one is hard to keep the team healed. You lowered the amount of healing and raised the cast times and took away the free consumption which wasnt a 100% of the time thing so instead you could have kept it to where only 50% of the time would it give free consumtion but keep the innervates high heal as its cast time is too long to be worth using otherwise!!!! You took 5 different abilities away from the healer!!!! WHY???? I can see maybe one ability but 5?? Plus you took away other abilities of ours and moved them over into the Legacy??? So we got nothing new for those 2 when everyone else got new stuff. So basically you don't want anyone to play the Sorcerer??? I bought this game to be a Sith and a healer so I found the perfect class for it and was having fun keeping my team alive. Now my team yells at me cuz i cant keep them alive. So this actually affects everyone. EA does this with every game I have ever bought!!!! Once people whine about things being too hard EA nerfs everything!!! They did the same thing With BF2 which was a great game and well balanced but people whined cuz they had to have skill to play it so EA nerfed everything and ruined the game!!!! This Game is not for 11 year olds!!! Sorry it is a game for more mature players as most of the role play genre is.... So instead of nerfing when they complain point them towards strategy guides!!!! If they dont want to read then its their problem!!! I had to read to learn to use my Sorcerer and right when i get really good and everyone wants me in their group to heal cuz i can keep them alive, boooom!!!! You nerf it all and make it impossible to play... Oh boy now I get to repspec to be a DPS.... Wow What joy.... Now I get to be a class I didnt want to play, and from what I understand you already nerfed the Sorcerer DPS so all I will be doing is making pretty lights shoot out of my hands.... Seriously the only fix is to return most of the healing abilities... I hardly play anymore because I am useless.... A free month... Oh boy.... I get to go start a new class to be a healer because you think there are too many sorcerers... I remember in Wow there were too many Death Knights... They didnt nerf them so people would not make them....

EA QUIT NERFING!!!!!! 1.2 would have been great but you ruined it for a ton of players!!!!!!!!

go ahead buff the dps, oh wait thats the dps dead on floor over there becauase i did not have ANY force to heal him and my tank is barely under 40% hp and guess what I CANT HEAL HIM EITHER wait wait wait theres more I just died because of AOE damage because I could not heal myself, and I had to consume to save the tank and i could not afford aHOT or rivivication on myself BECAUSE IM TRYING TO SAVE TANK

^^^ All this happen last night in new ops.

if this is happening to you, your tank is either not geared correctly or not in the correct stance. Your dps are standing in stuff they shouldn't be standing in or, perhaps, you are not being conservative enough with your force, and that's your own damn faul. Sorc healing isn't easy anymore, get used to it and quit crying.

Our advanced class.

It's pretty simple. If I can't heal efficiently and effectively then I might as well go the dps route and cloak is cool.

How many sorcerers would take the option if it was available ? A one time nonreversible change, would you take it ?

I would.

Would switch to assassin in a heartbeat. When I choose sorc i wanted to be healer not a support healer.

Funnily enough,there was a time, late in act one, when I would have gladly respecced my Assassin as a Sorceror. I felt like she was a jack of all trades, mistress of none, with low DPS, no healing, and distinctly rubbish as a tank, and I also neither did nor do like the double ended stick we were saddled with.

However... now... now that I've got the hang of her fighting style, learned the delight that is Raze for Crushing Darkness, and the Reckless/Overload/Force Lightning combination, to say nothing of all the fun of Spike and Assassinate... no, I wouldn't change in a million years.

My post from another thread. I was a full healer but was borked over by the changes.

First roll back healer changes to Pre 1.2. Then....

Rather than doing what they did they should have reduced the posibility of hybrid Healer DPS. This is what appears to be the most complaints about.

A DPS should not have the capability to heal like they could. A token healing option is fair enough but not to the extent that they had with the healer and DPS trees available to them.

As someone who went full healer I've had my fun destroyed because of the system and whining from PvP'ers that they can't kill Sorcs. The tree system allowed this to happen. Being full sorc healer my only offense was my defense. Generally it was CC people and run or heal myself non-stop untill the other guy got bored. With 2 or more dps and I generally went down easy as pie. If it were Imp Ops or Republic Scoundrels then I was stuffed from the outset!

A healer should be just that, not capable of putting out alot of dps and causing PvP'ers to come on the forums and cry nerf.

Rather than nerf, just move the major healing bonuses further up the tree so those that truely wanted to be healers such as myself and others still got the benefit from the whole tree. THose DPS'ers that wanted to, could still be madness and lightening with a LITTLE boost to healing owing to the light armor we are forced to wear.

It's not Quantumn Mechanics, make people choose. DPS or Healing. But don't screw over fulltime healers just because BW made a mistake in the way they set out the trees.

To heal or not to heal, that should be the question. If you are serious about healing then you'll take the healer tree(s). If you want to be the hero dps'er then you'll take the dps route regardless of ranged or melee. But don't do what they have done.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.