1.2 PvPer's Perspective

djtrav

I have been pvping in MMO's since 1999. I have played UO, AC, AC2, WOW, GW, RIFT and SWTOR. My best pvp experiences were from the MMO known as Asherons Call aka AC, which is still running to this day. Thats a short jist of my PvP resume.

I came to this game, loved it, I enjoyed SWTOR. Granted its a wow-bear game and have flaws, but I had faith in it. Now there are alot of things I dont like about this game, resolve, it might not be broken, but its a crappy system, and other things that I deal with and get over. But, and I say with a huge sigh, my biggest disappointment with 1.2 is illustrated below:

-Cannot create 8 man premades

Now I can understand, ok somethings wrong with ranked pvp, but you wait till 11 hours prior to patch to notify the community and than state its coming out in 1.3? Isnt this something you knew weekes ago? You basically just lied to us... You knew ranked pvp wouldnt come out till 1.3 weeks ago and thought it was best to lie to us to keep people playing.

Ok cool, no ranked pvp, why cant we just have 8 man premades in regular warzones?

-Group gets disbanded after a warzone

You seriously didnt fix this... I mean, come on. Granted you job isnt a walk in the park, but you can spend hours upon hours implenting PvE content like legacy, but you cannot implement simple needs and fixes the community demanded since day 1. This should have been fixed prior to release of the game for goodness sake.

-Nerfs and rotations

I leveled up a merc, a sorc healer, and a sorc assassin. You nerf everything to hell and take out wonderful things like rotations... now its just spells to me. I play my healer the most for pvp, because thats my premade needed the most. Well my sorc is by far the most underpowered healer ig now with little or no rotations. I am still viable, because I know how to play him, but I feel ripped off here.

I want rotations and skills leading to other skills, benefits to using combinations, I feel thats stripped away. Your idea of fixing things, seems half-assed.

-Not being able to queue for the warzones you want.

Seriously. I feel like I was promised and told things, and bam nothing.

My biggest gripe with1.2 is you added all this PvE content and literally 0 PvP fixes and wants. I could care less about a new battle ground that I still have yet to get a queue for, might as well be PvE content to me. As a PvPer you failed with this patch and unless something gets done about it soon, you will lose my support and I have been patiently waiting and being a loyal customer hoping for things that should have been addressed since day 1.

When D3 and GW2 come out dont expect people like me to stay and wait, you need to address this stuff now.

Another thing, I get ripped off on medals. As a healer, I keep people alive, pull the ball carrier, sprint to score sometimes, how do I only end up getting 4-5 medals per match? Thats with 300k healing and I play the game, I dont try to just heal, I try to win.

I have been pvping in MMO's since 1999. I have played UO, AC, AC2, WOW, GW, RIFT and SWTOR. My best pvp experiences were from the MMO known as Asherons Call aka AC, which is still running to this day. Thats a short jist of my PvP resume.

I came to this game, loved it, I enjoyed SWTOR. Granted its a wow-bear game and have flaws, but I had faith in it. Now there are alot of things I dont like about this game, resolve, it might not be broken, but its a crappy system, and other things that I deal with and get over. But, and I say with a huge sigh, my biggest disappointment with 1.2 is illustrated below:

Now I can understand, ok somethings wrong with ranked pvp, but you wait till 11 hours prior to patch to notify the community and than state its coming out in 1.3? Isnt this something you knew weekes ago? You basically just lied to us... You knew ranked pvp wouldnt come out till 1.3 weeks ago and thought it was best to lie to us to keep people playing.

Ok cool, no ranked pvp, why cant we just have 8 man premades in regular warzones?

You seriously didnt fix this... I mean, come on. Granted you job isnt a walk in the park, but you can spend hours upon hours implenting PvE content like legacy, but you cannot implement simple needs and fixes the community demanded since day 1. This should have been fixed prior to release of the game for goodness sake.

-Nerfs and rotations

I leveled up a merc, a sorc healer, and a sorc assassin. You nerf everything to hell and take out wonderful things like rotations... now its just spells to me. I play my healer the most for pvp, because thats my premade needed the most. Well my sorc is by far the most underpowered healer ig now with little or no rotations. I am still viable, because I know how to play him, but I feel ripped off here.

I want rotations and skills leading to other skills, benefits to using combinations, I feel thats stripped away. Your idea of fixing things, seems half-assed.

My biggest gripe with1.2 is you added all this PvE content and literally 0 PvP fixes and wants. I could care less about a new battle ground that I still have yet to get a queue for, might as well be PvE content to me. As a PvPer you failed with this patch and unless something gets done about it soon, you will lose my support and I have been patiently waiting and being a loyal customer hoping for things that should have been addressed since day 1.

When D3 and GW2 come out dont expect people like me to stay and wait, you need to address this stuff now.

I'm not only a PvP'er I'm a player in general, and so crafting, pvp, pve, quests, companions, etc. all of that has influence on me staying.

And the PvP part in me absolutely 100% agree. I also strongly agree that unless you get on the ball right now, you will lose to GW2 and the next thing that comes out.

How do I feel about SWTOR loseing to GW2... I feel Awfull! I LOVE the Star Wars Universe, but I do not like getting decieved, and Bioware you are deciveing every single customer, you when promise ranked warzones and in the 11th hour pull it back. Cause as this customer above me points out, YOU KNEW WELL IN ADVANCE!

So on a rank from 1-10 I give you a solid 2 on completion of game when launched, another 2 for patches well implemented but thats not to say the content of a patch is good or bad only the time its pushed to the servers, the completion of its content and the bugs it brings. And I have to flunk you and give you a 1 for the god awfull customer service you provide. A customer service that stinks to high heaven! You have NEVER fixed an issue for meor for any of my friends/guild members when we have reported bugs, missing stats etc.

So this is Signed, Signed, Signed!

Wosh

Ps. Giveing out a free month to certain players not based on how much time and effort they put into the game but on what lvl. they are is discrimination, and that is straight up illegal. You could have gotten around this by how long people have payed etc. LvL's are not the corner stone of how long you have played its how long you have subbed if anything. You should really avoid this in the future, im sure your lawers would aggre with me on this. To all the people who are incompetent enough to read this as a threat that I'll be trying to sue bioware... you need to /SIT and /SHUT

Don't forget, people who worked hard to get BM gear now have their pre 1.2 gear being worthless since the armor mods don't have set bonus AND the pvp/BM is practically being given away now for next to NO work.

Don't forget about the fact the Cent/Champ/BM armoring bonuses aren't bound to the armoring mod and you loose it if you place it in a orange crafted gear...

... or the insane amount of warzones you have to do to get the new war hero gear.

Edited by Silentzium

Don't forget about the fact the Cent/Champ/BM armoring bonuses aren't bound to the armoring mod and you loose it if you place it in a orange crafted gear...

... or the insane amount of warzones you have to do to get the new war hero gear.

wow another aspect I completely missed. Did anything good pvp wise come out this patch except for a warzone no body queues for?

For 1, pvp never has "rotations" because pvp is reactive, reacting to the situation at hand and using the appropriate abilities in the correct time.

Also, D3 won't have PVP at launch, and while extremely fun looking PVP, they have already stated they WILL NOT balance PVP if it effects PVE. *Shut up pvp guy!* D3 will literally be a PVE game.

GW2 is what I'm waiting for, not because SWTOR sucks because I love this game but it's just a breath of fresh air, the combat looks so much more dynamic and interesting other than just standing and swinging your sword at a mob.

They also put way more effort into the PVP game and PVE. It just looks like a very polished and well done game.

Ps. Giveing out a free month to certain players not based on how much time and effort they put into the game but on what lvl. they are is discrimination, and that is straight up illegal. You could have gotten around this by how long people have payed etc. LvL's are not the corner stone of how long you have played its how long you have subbed if anything. You should really avoid this in the future, im sure your lawers would aggre with me on this. To all the people who are incompetent enough to read this as a threat that I'll be trying to sue bioware... you need to /SIT and /SHUT

I'm not sure where you learned your law but this is not discrimination. Discrimination is the granting of privileges of a certain class or by age, gender, sex, race etc. I don't know which kangaroo court you are thinking of would ever place folks who reached level 50 as a "class of people" and therefore discriminates against folks who didn't reach level 50. You can compare this against frequent flyers who are granted special privileges because of the amount of flying they do and the new status they can achieve. So is granting someone the elite flying status and the benefits that come along with it discrimination to the folks who haven't earned that title and therefore can't benefit just the same? It's not, and your grasp of law and the "legality" of this award to folks who achieved level 50 characters is laughable. What you are really trying to say is that it's unfair, not illegal. Well deal with it. No one is owed anything for free and Bioware chose to award the end-game users.

-Nerfs and rotations

Everything youre complaining about has be talked about, explained and given a reason why they arent in the game yet and when its comming. Youre complaint is blind and meaningless. so why are you complaining about this?

They didnt promise any of those things in 1.2.

they said they arent going to add wz option UNTIL CROSS SERVER QUEUING b/c you need a larger pool to sustain a healthy queue time.

they arent allowing 8 man premade in anything BUT ranked and you will be put in youre own queue brackets if youre team is 5+ or more to prevent exploiting pugs.

Group gets disbanded after warzone is tied to the 8 man queuing.

This patch didnt fail pvp, what you PVPERs fail to realize is that pvp is about the competition not the content. Youre arent going to get things on the level of pve b/c PVE is story is fighting npcs pvp is fighting PEOPLE, thats 90% of pvp, the PVP and the other 10% makes up the maps, abilties ect.

Youre problem is, you, like many others do and continue to do is come into this with these elated expectation that weren't promised to you, you blindly ignore the obvious and the fact THERE is no fine print everything was granted on the deed in BIG LARGE LETTERS.

and the 3 classes that you leveled up were some of the most notriously op classes in one way or another in pvp, and thats why you probably leveled them. now they been brought down to the level of the other classes and you dont know how to deal with that. that is lack of skill.

Edited by LeonkRAV

Everything youre complaining about has be talked about, explained and given a reason why they arent in the game yet and when its comming. Youre complaint is blind and meaningless. so why are you complaining about this?

they said they arent going to add wz option UNTIL CROSS SERVER QUEUING b/c you need a larger pool to sustain a healthy queue time.

they arent allowing 8 man premade in anything BUT ranked and you will be put in youre own queue brackets if youre team is 5+ or more to prevent exploiting pugs.

This patch didnt fail pvp, what you PVPERs fail to realize is that pvp is about the competition not the content. Youre arent going to get things on the level of pve b/c PVE is story is fighting npcs pvp is fighting PEOPLE, thats 90% of pvp, the PVP and the other 10% makes up the maps, abilties ect.

Youre problem is, you, like many others do and continue to do is come into this with these elated expectation that weren't promised to you, you blindly ignore the obvious and the fact THERE is no fine print everything was granted on the deed in BIG LARGE LETTERS.

and the 3 classes that you leveled up were some of the most notriously op classes in one way or another in pvp, and thats why you probably leveled them. now they been brought down to the level of the other classes and you dont know how to deal with that. that is lack of skill.

You didnt read my post at all and you are a troll.

I said I can get over the pvp changes to templates, read again.

What about the fact that they told us 11 hours prior to patch that ranked warzones arent coming out? Whats you Fing explanation for that?

I know marketing and I know economics. I do it for a living, and the fact is, they knew weeks prior that ranked warzones wouldnt come out for 1.2 simply by the evidence it took them till the 11th hour prior to patch to notify the community and the fact they said it wont be out till 1.3.... which will take another 2 months... so my guess is they didnt even work on it at all.

wow another aspect I completely missed. Did anything good pvp wise come out this patch except for a warzone no body queues for?

nope

if ur a pve person, then u had a great patch.

if ur a hardcore pvper, u got owned with this patch. the only thing i liked this patch was the interface editor.

They made acceptable changes to my class. As a result, I heal for less. However survivability has increased. Although forced into an adaptive play style the changes to my class are more than acceptable. Furthermore any sage that has issues with this patch must ask themselves a few questions.

1. Was I a good healer?

2. Can I adapt to situations and overcome obstacles?

3. Do I play with my mouse and not my keyboard?

4. Am I adult enough to change and grow to the obstacles in front of me?

5. Do i live in my parent’s basement because change and loud noises scare me?

Sometimes you can’t have everything handed to you on a silver platter. Sometimes you have to roll with the punches, adapt, improvise and overcome. My suggestion is pull up your big boy panties and learn to play the game or you can go back to whatever mmo you came from and be the uber boss there.

Edited by genjuuro

You didnt read my post at all and you are a troll.

I said I can get over the pvp changes to templates, read again.

What about the fact that they told us 11 hours prior to patch that ranked warzones arent coming out? Whats you Fing explanation for that?

i read what you said, and like i said i felt the entire statement was totally unnecessary. complaining just to complain with no real perspective? THAT a troll. so youre complaining about things, that you understand why but yet you complain about them anyway, but i ask you this - what does that do? Incite people who DONT understand that create a thread full of negativity.

Heres the deal with the ranked wz. UNDERSTAND, it was never going to work in its current form.

First off it was preseason, not it wasnt REAL ranked. The reason for this is, BIOWARE understood and stated without cross-server queues the server population could not sustain healthy queu times with the division of players due to 2 seperate queue brackets.

their initial solution was to throw non ranked queue-rs into ranked matchs and just not give them ranked rewards(so basically they would be putting everyone in the same queues but giving different rewards based on their bracket.)

If you dont understand the chaos that would cause, then youre blind. Its a good thing they waited, and as they have said SINCE the beginning of time things on the ptr notes ARE NOT final, things can be removed and thereason they removed it was to protect and prevent 1.2 for being delayed past they date they promised.

So there would be 3 brackets. ranked, unranked and 5+ premade ranked. for 1 server would destroy the queue times, then if a 6+ gets matched vs an 8 they would either pug 2 solo non ranked or 2 solo ranked. and 5+ premades will only face 5+ premades to make things fair - so the chances of there being alot of 5+ premades on 1 server at a given time is unrealistic.

Edited by LeonkRAV

I'm a hardcore pvper and I disagree. I don't feel owned at all by this patch and have so far loved 1.2

Really, what did hardcore pvpers lose out on in this patch, other then the exploited behavior that is usually driven by the hardcore pvp community. oh guess i answered my own question

I'm not sure where you learned your law but this is not discrimination. Discrimination is the granting of privileges of a certain class or by age, gender, sex, race etc. I don't know which kangaroo court you are thinking of would ever place folks who reached level 50 as a "class of people" and therefore discriminates against folks who didn't reach level 50. You can compare this against frequent flyers who are granted special privileges because of the amount of flying they do and the new status they can achieve. So is granting someone the elite flying status and the benefits that come along with it discrimination to the folks who haven't earned that title and therefore can't benefit just the same? It's not, and your grasp of law and the "legality" of this award to folks who achieved level 50 characters is laughable. What you are really trying to say is that it's unfair, not illegal. Well deal with it. No one is owed anything for free and Bioware chose to award the end-game users.

Quoted for truth; and reiteration because it was the last post on the page and likely to be skimmed over.

Should it have been extended to all people who held an active subscription over the game life span thus far? Probably; would have been a better move in my (worthless) personal opinion.

But whatever I say. This action spells out two things to me; they understand that things are rough and people are upset and compromised where the corporate overlords allowed, and that they needed something to keep those who met the conditions of the free time around for a month while things are ironed out.

It is what it is; but I can't shake the whole, "Meh." feeling about it. They'll either do something to draw in players and keep them, or they won't. I'll be around for a while either way but there is just an apathetic feel looming around my head at the moment.

-EDIT-

Edited to correct the quote structure. Also my post seems to have a rather depressed tone... so to breath some positive energy into it: I am very pleased with the better character textures, and am especially enjoying the 'color unification' option. Playing an alt last night I must have clicked that little box 30 times as minor gear updates roll in left and right. Each time it was just a nice feeling to see the appearance... flow better? Or at least not have my generally green set blotched by a bleach white or neon red new pair of gloves.

Edited by Acherom

It's not JUST that they've added 0 PvP content, they actually have REMOVED PvP content since launch.

Think about that. We had MORE PvP content in December than we do now.

I agree 100% with your opinion. Just like you I do not care about anything else in an MMO but PVP. I mean I will play some ops and daily quests just caz I have to, but thats not where my heart is.

All BW did was give every1 BM gear which I worked very hard for and nothing else. Ok...1 new WZ..great! And this comes at a huge cost, reward system is terrible now, nerfed all healing classes, didnt fix anything, no rated wz, stupidly expensive new items, etc.!

With GW2 and D3 coming out if BW doesnt fix this FAST I am done! Only thing that didnt make me cancel the subs now was the free month that they gave me.

I hate trolls that defend non sense. Stuff that wasn't promised to us? They dont need to promise me anything...they just need to fix it. Like having to regroup with friends after every wz. I dont need them to promise me Rated WZ...they should be there among many other things.

nope

if ur a pve person, then u had a great patch.

if ur a hardcore pvper, u got owned with this patch. the only thing i liked this patch was the interface editor.

I'm a hardcore pvper and I love this patch, no one has mentioned the fact you get more badges for doing things that actually benefit your teams cause to win, not just running around and slashing people and doing damage. It's all about winning now, and isn't that what the ultimate goal should be? Not just getting your badges and still being rewarded nearly the same as the winners. Honestly about this whole ranked WZ ordeal, it wouldn't be successful and I guarantee you'd be twenty times more pissed if it was a crappy and flawed system. So just chill out.

Part of the trouble is not fixing glarring isues that have been in game since day one and now with patch 1.2 adding to those issues..

I'll explain myself..

Stuff needing fixed!: prior to patch!

Groups having to reform every match..

No penalty for leaving warzones..

Balancing issues with class types in pug matches. ( having 4 sorcs or 4 ops etc)

Lack of WZ's..-- BW could have given alot more then 3 to start.

Class balance--- Nvr ending fix!

there's alot more I know but these were just some I thought of..

Problems created with new patch!

Armor/Expertise differences tween the sets

New medal system penalizes pugs for joining a game after its started.

Armor is BUTT *** UGLY! <-- LOL

Costs of obtaining new sets of armor and making existing sets irrelavent.

Class Balancing--- Nvr ending fix!

Trav's original post failed to mention that BW released Videos stating certain features and fixes were being implemented in 1.2 They also said PVE content was to be one way and turned out to be entirely different. This again is in videos! Dont BW have a test server to iron out patches before they go main stream?

As to balancing issues I dont believe they will ever get it right with their current system. 4 different armor sets with different expertise makes it impossible... No 2 fights are ever the same so nerfing one class tips the balance to another.. Before it was Op's Sorcs and Sins being OP and now it's Mara's Juggs and Snipers... <-- Just my oppinion!

FTR I have 2 lvl 50 full time PVP toons. a 50 OP and 50 Sin... I had the Op in full champ gear and Sin was 50/50 Cent/Champ..

After 1.2 I've switched from concealment to healer with the Op. The class and armor changes has made concealment very weak with my champ gear do to the lack expertise..

I know BW is trying to make the game better. But having to switch specs, adjust rotations, grind out new armor sets and change play styles every patch is going to be the death of the game! Frankly there is way too many good games coming out in the next few monthes it'll be easier for people ( me included ) to move to other games..

3 games set to release are GW2 D3 and Tera.

For 1, pvp never has "rotations" because pvp is reactive, reacting to the situation at hand and using the appropriate abilities in the correct time.

Also, D3 won't have PVP at launch, and while extremely fun looking PVP, they have already stated they WILL NOT balance PVP if it effects PVE. *Shut up pvp guy!* D3 will literally be a PVE game.

GW2 is what I'm waiting for, not because SWTOR sucks because I love this game but it's just a breath of fresh air, the combat looks so much more dynamic and interesting other than just standing and swinging your sword at a mob.

They also put way more effort into the PVP game and PVE. It just looks like a very polished and well done game.

I believe by rotation he's talking about proc based skills that get more use out of hitting them in the correct order with procs up. Obviously you arent going to do the same thing every pvp encounter but there is still a general "rotation" that you want to keep, atleast as an assassin.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.