Healers post 1.2 = GG

dragonfly_eb

I HONESTLY want to know if the people who say they can't stay alive and can't get more than 2 medals in warzones are serious.

I'm a Level 50 CM, Valor 57, full champ with 3 bm.

I managed to snag 12 tokens my first round in 1.2.

My last warzone ques I have not noticed myself dying more often than usual.

I can still manage to heal myself and my teammate (With the use of LoS, stuns, interrupts, mezz's, etc)

I wont denie that changes in 1.2 significantly affected CM resource management. But with a little adjustment, and creativity, we can still heal effectively!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you have trouble with healers before this? You're a Sent according to your sig so you really shouldn't have unless you don't know how to interrupt or come in the wz in greens. If you ever had four people who couldn't take down a healer I don't know what to tell you but maybe pvp isn't for you.

A sorc? No not really depending on cd's.

Merc? It was a regular occurrence to watch them survive 3-4 people attacking them and living long enough for their team to arrive. I've even done it myself on my cousins BH Surrian where I spent 5 minutes looking at the skills and figuring out how healing worked on it. It was easy to play and not even the least bit stressful keeping myself a live and my team while fighting off 2-4 DPS. It needed to be nerfed. Was it too much? Probably as I just steam rolled through most of them today, but the usual premades weren't even playing.

OP's? Why even bother attacking them? 30% HP they just proc left and right spamming their heals while running away.

Healers are too easy too kill without tanks

healers are still hard as shiz to kill with tanks guarding/taunting

I personally would prefer healing beefed a bit but maybe that's the whole idea they were going for? The healer should be able to survive 1 dps and struggle on 2 is not necessarily relevant with tanks in this game? I dunno

Edited by VoidSpectre

No healer should be able to stand up to 2 dps on them, presuming everyone is playing well. That wasn't happening before. This, however, is just swinging the pendulum to the opposite side of the fence. I was able to focus down BM healers in crap gear with an interrupt on a 12 second cooldown and a stun. If they didn't immediately switch to healing themselves by the time they realized I was a threat they were done. This is on a toon in mostly the new recruit gear. That's terrible.

Find a tank and group with more healers if you're having trouble. It's literally the easiest role in the game with the proper set up. Nobody has sympathy for you just because you might have to actually look at your resource bar now.

I wonder how DPS would feel if they were told in order to fulfill their role adequately they first had to get another class/role to bless them with some sort of effect.

I laugh at the idea that healing is the easiest role in the game.

Staring at some high-polygon-count bosses feet, pressing a few keys in a set pattern and not standing in fire is harder than managing 8-16 health pools?

There were plenty of times pre-1.2 when I was down on ammo/up on heat and had the joyful option of firing the giant "come kill me now, please" laser or adding a tiny bit of dps on a focused enemy.

With the DPS spikes hitting now, I've run into too many situations where my friendly target is dead before the 2nd heal even finishes up. Hell, I have less resource issues now than pre-patch. Mostly because either I or everyone else around me is dead before it becomes a factor.

Edited by Syylara

Something needs to be done about the massive Healing Imbalance. I play a level 50 Sorc on Dark Reaper, I am not the best healer I admit first time playing a healer I am more of a melee dps player, Before 1.2 the Sorc/Sage Healing was over the top compared to the other healer classes now the Sorc/Sage healer is a joke of a class. No Healer should be able to Heal thru 2 beast dps classes beating on them but we should be able to Heal thru one tank.

I'm grabbing the popcorn and loving the tears in this thread.

Cry more pvp healers, cry more.

And the person who talked about grouping up to be effective? Pretty sure without a healer DPS tend (in most cases) to not survive for an insanely long time. With just tanks, they need dps to kill people, and healers need tanks for increased survivability.

c what i did thur?

ahhh poor little healers are no longer OP & the biggest tanks in the game. Now you fit your role rather than face rolling because no one on your team can be killed, including the healers.

I hope no one throws you a heal ever again. than we will see who's QQing. Enjoy 1.2 !

I wonder how DPS would feel if they were told in order to fulfill their role adequately they first had to get another class/role to bless them with some sort of effect.

I laugh at the idea that healing is the easiest role in the game.

Staring at some high-polygon-count bosses feet, pressing a few keys in a set pattern and not standing in fire is harder than managing 8-16 health pools?

There were plenty of times pre-1.2 when I was down on ammo/up on heat and had the joyful option of firing the giant "come kill me now, please" laser or adding a tiny bit of dps on a focused enemy.

With the DPS spikes hitting now, I've run into too many situations where my friendly target is dead before the 2nd heal even finishes up. Hell, I have less resource issues now than pre-patch. Mostly because either I or everyone else around me is dead before it becomes a factor.

It's called a triangle for a reason. DPS needs healers just as much as a healer needs a tank. Healer pocket heals me and I'll be like a lost dog who becomes their loyal friend.

I just don't understand, why debuff our boost to healing while substantially buffing the boost to dmg? That equation alone creates imbalance.

And then make us all wear a little "PVP for Dummies" icons over our heads?

Hey, but thanks for the free month and the upcoming Tauntaun Ram pet! Can't wait to get mine, as I know you've promised it will soon be my "best friend" Yay!

ummm. healing is fine...

/agree.

In a badly losing match I still get 5-9 medals on average.

In a winning match my best so far has been 16.

I can still heal through 1 or 2 (depending on class/gear) dps beating on me for ages.

I can still keep up my groupmates pretty well.

Am I godly? Nope. Should I be? Nope.

Works for me. :p

I think the real problem is that NOBODY has any survivability (changed with this mornings patch).

Everyone just seems to be melting no matter the class. We waste our heals on a lost cause, get resource capped and then they jump to us and we get smashed.

With everyones survivability restored, the cycle will be restored, its not really the healing nerf that is hitting hard, its EVERYONEs survivability that is really the tough pill to swallow.

I agree healing was out of control, now it has been adjusted to proper levels, survivability just needs to come up to what it was before. IE: you can get a heal off on someone and they don't melt instantly.

I just don't understand, why debuff our boost to healing while substantially buffing the boost to dmg? That equation alone creates imbalance.

And then make us all wear a little "PVP for Dummies" icons over our heads?

Hey, but thanks for the free month and the upcoming Tauntaun Ram pet! Can't wait to get mine, as I know you've promised it will soon be my "best friend" Yay!

What substantial boost to dmg? +DMG and +mitigation cancel each other out.

What nerf to healing? I was 12% pre 1.2 and am 12% now...

What substantial boost to dmg? +DMG and +mitigation cancel each other out.

What nerf to healing? I was 12% pre 1.2 and am 12% now...

I think that is the point, the + mitigation wasn't working properly, so the +dmg was over the top.

healing wasnt nerfed too bad, im a sage and did 631k healing in voidstar yesterday (died 3 times) and consistenly had my usual good numbers in any wz but i have noticed damage has been increased significantly across the board (1000 expertise roughly equals 20% pvp dmg bonus while only giving 15% defense and 10% healing bonus) so naturally it is going to be alot harder to keep people alive and thus alot more dying.

i still believe cc (NOT RESOLVE) is a big problem in this game, getting stunned for 8 seconds constantly and getting vaporized in seconds just isnt fun.

I REALLY don't get all of the complaining. I'm a new level 50 Scoundrel healer. I'm getting tons of medals, more than I was getting previously. I'm outhealing most players with full pvp gear. Idk, the phrase "l2play" comes to mind. I'm ending games with double digit medals, some matches are lower, around 6-8, but still, not the "0" and "2 or 3" medals people are claiming....

ahhh poor little healers are no longer OP & the biggest tanks in the game. Now you fit your role rather than face rolling because no one on your team can be killed, including the healers.

Aww sounds like someone doesn't know how to kick, stun or knockback! It must be rough! Healers were alright before the patch, you had to use some skill to kill them. Now you can just DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS DPS!!!!! Healers SHOULD be hard to kill because that is what they do! You cant give them crap damage, crap mitigation AND crap healing!

I still think the problem is that anyone who modded their gear, and didn't get the "expertise buff" on their battlemaster gear is somehow not interacting properly.

There is just too much discrepancy.

Again, I state, this morning everything was status quo and healing felt on par again because survivability was up across the board.

Maybe not all servers had this problem. I know I pvp with a sorc and he was still putting up high numbers and "didn't" mod his gear pre 1.2.

Further the sorc numbers are due to top off healing and can no way counter the amount of burst currently present. No matter how good, or whatever you claim to be. If a warrior runs a train on you, you're going down.

This may no longer be the case (from what I experienced this AM). It seriously felt as if I was playing naked, even popping my energy shield (25% mitigation) wasn't enough to hold off 1 player.

Edit: Pre 1.2 screenshot of my healing

http://www.ic-theorder.enjin.com/profile/1375384/pics/detail/album_id/123381#pid=651706

Edited by Dartagon

Huh?

What?

All you literally have to do is heal near an objective and watch the medals fly. Throw in a few globals for some auto-attack and spray some enemies for even more medals.

90% dedicated to healing in WZs and I finish with 9+ medals.

QFT. I have no problems getting to 8 medals...