Synthweaving and Crafting Rakata after 1.2

romeosierra

• 2 weeks later...

BoP and Crafting should not mix. Why can a biochem make augmented columi implants that sell for 500k+, in addition to the already vast advantage of biochem over other craft skills, and yet i can't make BoE Exotech gear for my guildmates... schems and mats i was rewarded for raiding!

Get rid of BoP crafting, get rid of Crew Skill requirements to use any crafted item would be my vote.

I completely agree with everything that was said so far in this forum.I mean really I would be happy if i could give my guildies even the two pieces of rakata gear you buy once you hit 400 (Wrist and belt). Also its not even top tier anymore so I don't see why they haven't changed it yet.

I was really looking forward to being able to craft all the rakata gear for guildies... It's still all crafting as "bound"...

What gives? :mad:

What Rakata gear are you able to craft? I'm curious, because my Synth reads "No Research Available" When I mouse over my rakata armor.

I have a Trooper with Armormech, and a Jedi with Synthweaving. I bought those schems for both and have used them once. I really hoped that they would have changed that with 1.2. I fail to see the reasoning behind any BoP crafted gear.

What Rakata gear are you able to craft? I'm curious, because my Synth reads "No Research Available" When I mouse over my rakata armor.

Belt and Bracers. You buy the schematic from the Crew Skill Trainer.

BoP and Crafting should not mix. Why can a biochem make augmented columi implants that sell for 500k+, in addition to the already vast advantage of biochem over other craft skills, and yet i can't make BoE Exotech gear for my guildmates... schems and mats i was rewarded for raiding!

Get rid of BoP crafting, get rid of Crew Skill requirements to use any crafted item would be my vote.

BoP and crafting should not mix for sure. They could have at least done bind on legacy so that if you have many tonns (like me) with many crafting skills, you should at least be able to make things for your alts like the rakata belt+bracers. For example, i have synthweaving on my shadow and artifice on my sentinel, if i want rakata belt+bracers w/ augments on my sentinel, i would have to get rid of artifice and grind synthweaving again. Bioware, you have the legacy system which is great! So why not use it more and reward your dedicated players with the ability to craft endgame tier gear for alts so they can have a variety of crafting skills throughout their alts. I am dedicated to all my toons (because i have no life outside this game ;)) and i want to gear them as best i can and that includes crafted gear, but i also want a variety of different crafting skills so that i am not always grinding the same crafting skill. As much as i would love to make these things for guildies as well as alts, i can see why they don't want people abusing their abilities to make these things if they were BoE. I know the game is still relatively new, but maybe these types of things should have been focused on earlier instead of new content, even though it's all so awesome, i would rather have these little things worked out first.