Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

Disagree 100%. Anyone can get a character to lvl 50 in a week. So how is it that they are more valuable than a player playing since opening? Simple. It doesnt. Time paying for the game is what makes people valuable. Not lvl of a virtual character. Basically you are saying this:

Take a player playing since the game went live:

He/she loves the story line and just enjoys playing, but has no lvl 50. This person gets no 30 days.

Take a new player with no life:

He/she get a lvl 50 in a week because he/she has friends to help him/her lvl. He/she has been playing 7 days and now gets 30 days for free?

No, your comment is null and void and sounded a lot like trolling.

It took me a long time to get to my lvl... and i play a lot if my wife allows it. hehe ...But of course if you want to feel your not Valuable to this game thats up to you. I dont see Bios wares comment to be degrading in any way. And yes I have a Great life. I work like everyone but maybe cause i have a good job i can afford to play more than others. Im married and have a beutiful Family. So if you are not a 50 by now...just because you enjoy playing the story line....than thats your decision right? Well Bioware gave the most valuable players like me and others that spend a lot of time in this game a gift..stop being haters and take it as it is....Dont like it go play WOW.

Edited by XarKun

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, that he spends more hrs playing. Thats pretty simple isnt it. So sad just get over it peeps..we are truely more Valuable than all of you--Get over it for Dogs...sake..hehe. Simple to explain.

Lets suppose you go to a Restaurant and eat at that restaurant every Week, but another person comes 1 time a month...WHO IS MORE VALUABLE? the person that comes every week...its simple nothing wrong with saying his a more valuable. There not saying nothing wrong. They have said your a VAluable asset to this game....but people like some of the players in 50's are more valuable cause they spend more time playing. Guys Cmon get over it... HE HE

I am retired and play 10-14 hours a day and have no 50s because I knew end game content was FUBAR from beta and Bioware hadnt fixed it

So I play more hours then him

Does that make me more loyal?

Shouldnt I get the reward then?

Baseing it on hours played is as dumb as baseing it on level attained

So the player with "no-life" has friends to help them. Does that mean that you, presumably a player with a life, has no friends?

I have friends, a girlfriend and all the trimmings and I still can level in under a week.

I have no life? Interesting. How did you come to that conclusion? I have no lvl 50 and dont know anyone other than my brother in game who started at same time as I did.

I am in the military, 31 yrs old, a wife, 3 kids, and plenty of time away from games. I am not sure how you decided I had no life, but as you can see, I certainly do. If not the military, then with 3 kids and a wife.

Your rudeness isnt needed, friend. If you cant do constuctive criticism, then keep your words to yourself.

Regardless of your position, in BioWare/EA's shoes, losing an arguably large figure of subscribers can only be a bad thing for a subscription-based product. You have to admit they're better off making an effort to placate upset customers. If nothing else, to maintain or even increase the player count for positive press. Everyone should be wanting the game to succeed in that respect if you're truly loyal. Edited by exccw

Soo... when are we supposed to get the email or have all the emails already been sent? I've had two lv50 chars for few months, I have an active subscription, I pre-ordered the game and I've played actively since early access and my account is not banned. My spouse hasn't received her email either.

LOL, that he spends more hrs playing. Thats pretty simple isnt it. So sad just get over it peeps..we are truely more Valuable than all of you--Get over it for Dogs...sake..hehe. Simple to explain.

Lets suppose you go to a Restaurant and eat at that restaurant every Week, but another person comes 1 time a month...WHO IS MORE VALUABLE? the person that comes every week...its simple nothing wrong with saying his a more valuable. There not saying nothing wrong. They have said your a VAluable asset to this game....but people like some of the players in 50's are more valuable cause they spend more time playing. Guys Cmon get over it... HE HE

So this restaurant charges the same amount to the person who eats once a month as it does the person who comes in once a week? Someone willing to pay money that way and not take as much from the restaurant is actually contributing more and not impacting the cost.

Your comparison is poor...

I cannot believe the whiners in this world. So lvl 50's are getting a month free. I don't have one so it affects me not. We are getting a non combat pet. And yes the servers are down, who has not seen this before with major content launches in other games? The game is not perfect, but it is still in it's infancy. Give it a year see where it goes. I mean do you buy a car the first year it is launched and not expect some problems? or any product for that matter? the kinks need to be worked out, and given time they should be. and if after a proper amount of time it is not then just leave. complaining and crying solve nothing. and you just end up looking weak for doing it. man up for once your miserable lives. give credit where credit is due. and give these people time to get it right before you call for their heads. Edited by mrkrisp

Not me, my sister. She hasn't been checking the boards and is curious. The level 50 was the only character she wanted to reroll, and the others were already in the 30-42 range. Will she qualify for the free 30 days?

Still an odd decision to re-roll your only fifty. I would assume she would qualify, but it probably depends on how they're tracking it.

I'm guessing with all of this hub bub about it, even understanding the logic behind giving it to the players effected by end game that they will give in.. especially after whatever is going on today. Everyone across the board will most likely get a free month.

Good question! The answer is that it is indicative of the overall attitude at EA/Bioware and they just treat their customers like piles of money. They fail to understand, time and again, that their business decisions impact their relationship with their customers. Time and time again in the last 3 years they have lost loyal customers while trying to chase new demographics.

So what you are doing then is taking a moral stand, so to speak? It has nothing to do with the actual event that has transpired, other than that it did transpire? I can absolutely understand and respect that. But then what it boils down to is customer relations and how they handle them, not really this issue in and of itself.

If so, a formal and sincere apology is all that is needed for your part then. The problem is that most people who are complaining isn't really interested in that, I would think. They want the 30 days of free game time. Of course, this is an assumption on my part. I can't possibly know their intent. But considering what I've read so far from most of the posters, that is the conjecture of it.

Regardless of what happens next (they pull the "reward", they give it to everyone, they meet halfway and give a little to everyone else etc.) they have backed themselves in a corner now. Regardless of what happens, there is no way of pleasing everyone, making sure there will be rumblings of discontent.

That's right folks, it's the standard for loyalty! Oh wait, 3 week old powerlevelers are loyal? /scratches head :confused:

No, sir, it doesn't take any "power-leveling" to get to 50 in 3 weeks at all. P.S. I've been 50 since CE headstart, thank you very much! Seriously, get over it... they decided to reward people fitting a certain criteria with a free month, that's that. If you didn't get it, it's hardly the end of the world.

Would you not want to capture the person who only eats there rarely and get them to come back more often. This is exactly what BW have done because at level 50 there are few things to do.

Again, in his analogy he said the level 50s were the ones that come more often.

But maybe an even better analogy is a private club. Rather a patron attends often or infrequently, they still pay the same thing. But in this analogy, the patron who attends more often IS more valued because he helps the club have a stronger presence and more enjoyable atmosphere and thus attracts more members.

That being said, I want more people in the game and I think everything that can be done to maintain and grow the server populations should be done. But I also think that they need to do so in a manner which doesn't offend the ones who were not targeted for the reward.

Give it a year see where it goes. I mean do you buy a car the first year it is launched and not expect some problems? or any product for that matter.

Yes i do not expect having problems with it!!!

You do realize you are not helping but only fueling the fires with your I'm better than you are attitude. I'm not a 50 so they say I'm not as important as you because I chose to play with my friends with this character and my family with this character and oh help my guild by stopping what I'm doing to get someone in the guild or help a guild member. They are only bribing you to stay so take there bribe and have fun thinking they appreciate you more than others when it's all just a ploy to keep you around for more promises.

Would you not want to capture the person who only eats there rarely and get them to come back more often. This is exactly what BW have done because at level 50 there are few things to do.
You're getting your metaphorical statements crossed. If you take the time to read the post I quoted, you'll see that the customer spending less time was in reference to the casual player without a level 50 character. The customer that comes often is the level 50 who would otherwise leave the game.

Again, in his analogy he said the level 50s were the ones that come more often.

But maybe an even better analogy is a private club. Rather a patron attends often or infrequently, they still pay the same thing. But in this analogy, the patron who attends more often IS more valued because he helps the club have a stronger presence and more enjoyable atmosphere and thus attracts more members.

That being said, I want more people in the game and I think everything that can be done to maintain and grow the server populations should be done. But I also think that they need to do so in a manner which doesn't offend the ones who were not targeted for the reward.

I cant see how giving one section of the community a reward should offend the other sections as it has. This is madness.

Incorrect analogy. In your anaolgy the restaurant gets more money from the avid patron than the more casual diner. Thus, money equals value. A cell phone plan is a better comparison. Two people pay a cell phone company for phone service. One uses ever minute allowed and the other uses only a few. Since they both payed the same amount, the cell provider values them equally.

Wrong. I own a business and my most valuable customers get gifts from me. The more casual customers dont...simple..i just dont let them know..Haha. Everyone does that.

For Example: Dr's that have there reps come an bring them lunches and stuff, they dont do that with a dr that only accepts 1 or two meds..of course he might get a bagle with cream chease, but the doctor that gets 10-20 meds is going to get a Sushi Lunch...its simple..No Harm in that. BIOWare has done the same. If you dont feel special then Play MORE and you might just be ubber one day. LOLZ

Unless the restaurant gives you all you can eat food by paying $15 a month, it's apples an oranges. Go back to school, take a class in critical thinking, and perhaps remedial English.

In fact.. the person who came in less often would be more valuable, because they would have consumed less food thus giving the restaurant more profit.

You do realize you are not helping but only fueling the fires with your I'm better than you are attitude. I'm not a 50 so they say I'm not as important as you because I chose to play with my friends with this character and my family with this character and oh help my guild by stopping what I'm doing to get someone in the guild or help a guild member. They are only bribing you to stay so take there bribe and have fun thinking they appreciate you more than others when it's all just a ploy to keep you around for more promises.

I earned 50 within the CE headstart timeframe, myself.... I've been helping guildies, enjoying the story, crafting, PVP, HM flashpoints and operations, etc. for months. Not all of us play poorly and take forever to accomplish things. You sound quite bitter you weren't given the reward.... it's not that big a deal, I swear.

Agreed! I am done, and wish everyone here good luck. I hope they apologize and make their decision clear. I hope they don't lose a single cent in revenue and that the servers come back up early.

Thanks for having me SWTOR.

Sounds pretty petty to me, but hey it's your money. Enjoy not playing SWTOR!

Edited by Ancen

I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest demonstration for geekdom in the history of our planet.

One score and 15 years ago, a great American, in whose symbolic movie we play today, created a following. This momentous movie came as a great beacon light of hope to millions of throughout the galaxy who have been seared in the flames of the Death Star. It came as a joyous daybreak to end the long night of their oppression.

But 35 years later, the Galaxy is still is not free. 35 years later, the life of the a jedi is still sadly crippled by the manacles of offline servers and the chains of corporate mistakes. 35 years later, players live on a lonely island of the SWOTR forum in the midst of a vast ocean of Corporate Failure. 35 years later, players are still languished in the corners of MMO society and find Themselves an exile in their own land. And so we've come here today to dramatize a shameful condition.

In a sense we've come to our MMO's capital to cash a check. When the architects of our republic wrote the magnificent words of the Galactic Constitution and the Declaration of Independence, they were signing a promissory note to which every player was to fall heir. This note was a promise that all species, yes, Rodians as well as humans, would be guaranteed the "unalienable Rights" of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Level 50 goodness." It is obvious today that the Galaxy has defaulted on this promissory note, insofar as her players are concerned. Instead of honoring this sacred obligation, EA and Bioware have given the players a bad check, a check which has come back marked "insufficient funds."

But we refuse to believe that the bank of justice is bankrupt. We refuse to believe that there are insufficient funds in the great vaults of opportunity of this MMO. And so, we've come to cash this check, a check that will give us upon demand the riches of freedom and the security of justice.

We have also come to this hallowed forum to remind EA and Bioware of the fierce urgency of Now. This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism. Now is the time to make real the promises of democracy. Now is the time to rise from the dark and desolate valley of server maintenance at peak days to the sunlit path of gaming justice. Now is the time to lift our MMO from the quicksands of bad timing injustice to the solid rock of gaming brotherhood. Now is the time to make justice a reality for all of the Force's children.

It would be fatal for the MMO to overlook the urgency of the moment. This sweltering debate of the player's legitimate discontent will not pass until there is an invigorating game time of freedom and equality. 2012 is not an end, but a beginning. And those who hope that the players needed to blow off steam and will now be content will have a rude awakening if the MMO returns to business as usual. And there will be neither rest nor tranquility in SWOTR until the player is granted his paying customer rights. The whirlwinds of revolt will continue to shake the foundations of our MMO until the bright day of justice emerges.

But there is something that I must say to my people, who stand on the warm threshold which leads into the palace of justice: In the process of gaining our rightful place, we must not be guilty of wrongful deeds. Let us not seek to satisfy our thirst for freedom by drinking from the cup of bitterness and hatred. We must forever conduct our struggle on the high plane of dignity and discipline. We must not allow our creative protest to degenerate into physical violence. Again and again, we must rise to the majestic heights of meeting physical force with our force abilities.

The marvelous new militancy which has engulfed the gaming community must not lead us to a distrust of all developers, for many of our Dev team brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny. And they have come to realize that their freedom is inextricably bound to our freedom.

We cannot walk alone.

And as we walk, we must make the pledge that we shall always march ahead.

We cannot turn back.

There are those who are asking the devotees of gamers' rights, "When will you be satisfied?" We can never be satisfied as long as the player is the victim of the unspeakable horrors of Downed servers at peak times. We can never be satisfied as long as our chars, heavy with the fatigue of travel, cannot gain newer travel vehicle choices at the in game merchants of the plants, spaceports the fleets of the MMO. We cannot be satisfied as long as the player's basic mobility is from downed servers at peak times to uneventful and anticlimactic Level 50. We can never be satisfied as long as our charsare stripped of their armors and robbed of their play time by servers stating: "Offline." We cannot be satisfied as long as a player in Asia cannot complain and a player in America believes he has nothing for which to complain about. No, no, we are not satisfied, and we will not be satisfied until "justice rolls down like waters, and righteousness like a mighty stream."

I am not unmindful that some of you have come here out of great trials and tribulations. Some of you have come fresh from narrow banned or suspended accounts. And some of you have come from areas where your mission -- mission for freedom left you battered by the storms of offline servers and staggered by the winds of not being a loyal customer. You have been the veterans of creative suffering. Continue to work with the faith that unearned suffering is redemptive. Go back to FPSs, go back to single player RPGs, go back to platformers, go back to Free to play MMOs, go back to flash gaming, go back to the the platfom gaming of your childhood, knowing that somehow this situation can and will be changed.

Let us not wallow in the valley of despair, I say to you today, my friends.

And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the Gamer's dream.

I have a dream that one day this MMO will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all players are created equal."

I have a dream that one day on the red dunes of Tatooine, the sons of former Players and the sons of former Developers will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the SWOTR MMO, a game sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of downed servers and maintenance, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom, gaming and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day play an MMO where they will not be judged by the level of their char but by the amount of money they have payed.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day, down in Austin, TX, with its downed servers, with its Management having its lips dripping with the words of "offline servers" and "no maintenance on Mondays" -- one day right there in Austin, TX little gamer boys and gamer girls will be able to play on weekends with other little gamer boys and gamer girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today!

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the MMORPG shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together."

This is our hope, and this is the faith that I go back to my XBOX with.

With this faith, we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith, we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our MMO community into a beautiful symphony of Gaming. With this faith, we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to get banned/suspended together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

And this will be the day -- this will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning:

SWOTR 'tis of thee, sweet MMO of liberty, of thee I sing.

Game where chars' father died, land of the Sith and Jedi pride,

From every planet's side, let freedom ring!

And if SWOTR is to be a great MMO, this must become true.

And so let freedom ring from the prodigious hilltops of Alderaan.

Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of Bellassa.

Let freedom ring from the heightening Mines of Essowyn.

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Mountains of Gala.

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of Hoth.

But not only that:

Let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Abregado-rae.

Let freedom ring from Lookout Mountain of Bastion.

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Felucia.

From every Planet side, let freedom ring.

And when this happens, when we allow freedom ring, when we let it ring from every Planet and every Moon, from every Empire city and Republic city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of the Force's children, Humans and Rodians, Force Users and Soldiers, Smugglers and Bounty Hunters, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old gamer song:

Servers are Online! Servers are Online!

Thank God Almighty, Servers are Online!

No, sir, it doesn't take any "power-leveling" to get to 50 in 3 weeks at all. P.S. I've been 50 since CE headstart, thank you very much! Seriously, get over it... they decided to reward people fitting a certain criteria with a free month, that's that. If you didn't get it, it's hardly the end of the world.

lol...I wasn't debating your own qualifications. And I didn't ask for a month. I am simply stating that there are players who have played 3 weeks and received the free month for being "loyal"...please read thoroughly before acting infuriated. ;)

Edited by exccw