Celebrate Game Update 1.2: Legacy

AlysonBridge

3 weeks to "power level" to 50? You are joking, right?

It took me a little over a month myself to hit 50 I think, and that was with sticking with the storylines and not leaving planets until after all the quests were completed. And that meant leveling SLOWER than I should have been because I honestly out-leveled every planet I was on since probably Coruscant.

Don't be one of those idiots claiming "they did it faster than me, so obviously they are cheating in some way!" which is what you are doing.

You missed the point, kid that buys the game this month, skips the school and lvl char to 50 lvl then quit is not a loyal customer (which is why BW is rewarding). Just an example.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[As a thanks for being one of our most valued players, every active account with a Level 50 character as of April 12th, 2012 at 12:00PM CDT / 5:00PM GMT, will receive thirty (30) days of game time** in appreciation for your support and loyalty.]

So playing regulary from Beta through early access, and my 8 level +20's to +40's is not loyal and do not count?

Edited by Chiss

If this board is representative of the people in the world it's no wonder the world is as screwed up as it is. People claim to have been "slapped in the face", "dissed", "disrespected", all because somebody else got a free gift that they didn't get.

Seriously, Bioware, just cancel the whole thing, don't give anyone anything. These ingrates don't deserve anything.

You missed the point, kid that buys the game this month, skips the school and lvl char to 50 lvl then quit is not a loyal customer (which is why BW is rewarding). Just an example.

Just call it a "Level 50 Reward" and I'm cool. Calling it a "loyalty" reward really grinds my gears. What are the PR people thinking???

There is a straw man argument floating around in this thread:

"Don't complain about getting something for free!"

I believe that most of the people who have a problem with this recent promotion is that they did not get anything at all despite them being subscribed to the game from day one. These people feel that they are just as deserving as the guy next to them, just that the guy next to them has a level 50 character and thus is more "loyal".

"Stop whining! I'm in the same situation as you and I don't care, crybaby."

The guy next to you got free stuff and you didn't. You're exactly the same as him, but you get nothing, even though by all intents and purposes you are just as and if not more "loyal" than him. You'd be hard pressed to find people who would *not* raise their hand and ask "why didn't I get this, too?" and feel a little disappointed when they hear the answer.

A level 50 character does not a loyal customer make. It certainly can be, but it is not the only deciding factor for a loyal customer. Most would agree that loyalty can be safely judged by HOW LONG someone has been subscribing, their founder status, etc. This is hard to argue against because it also involves money and how much of it they have invested into the game.

So:

TIME + MONEY = LOYALTY

---------

But also in case for an MMORPG:

TIME = MONEY

----------

So why not:

X AMOUNT OF TIME = LOYALTY

And why not have the X = Founders?

**Perception and presentation is a big factor. The word "Loyalty" should not have been used.**

Edited by Savarous

He is, however directly effect by the removal of key level 50 content that was cut out of this patch just 12 hours before it dropped.

If this board is representative of the people in the world it's no wonder the world is as screwed up as it is. People claim to have been "slapped in the face", "dissed", "disrespected", all because somebody else got a free gift that they didn't get.

Seriously, Bioware, just cancel the whole thing, don't give anyone anything. These ingrates don't deserve anything.

if it was just the tauntaun pet i wouldnt give a poop, but since they are rewarding players with $15, yea that makes me an unhappy player

Ironically, your right. Except it is the attitude you display that is the problem. It's ok, I know you don't understand.

Sure, then why not reward those that played since launch, or more than 2 months, isnt that measure of loyalty? I have every right to be dissapointed and i am, i think that was a bad decision so i am exchanging my opinion with other players on forum, is that bothering you? Cant i feel the way that it is me and all other players that played this game since December or so deserve to be acknowleged? Not a stupid criteria like hit the 50 bro!

Because this is not a loyalty competition, and it never was!

They're not trying to reward loyal and supportive players by giving a free month to players with a level 50 character. They're trying to reward those players with a level 50 character, and appreciating their support and loyalty while they're at it. Is that a problem for you? You haven't lost a thing. You can continue being that loyal customer, if you want.

But insisting that your continued loyalty needs to be rewarded somehow, that... it's got nothing to do with this promotion at all. Maybe you can feel that way! You can feel any way you like. But you're not going to be taken seriously. Try walking into a business, any business, and tell them that because you've been a customer for six months, you 'deserve' something free. I guarantee you - they'll laugh. And with good reason!

I'm rarely playing, every second night two hours or so since mid January, even took a ten day break in between and hit 50 two days ago.. three ALTs around lvl 10.

You need to know how fast leveling works then it is easy. Sorry for everyone who missed the free month but that is how promos work, you know :rolleyes:

... And here it is, proof that the people on this forum are the whiniest people in the galaxy. I never thought I'd see the day people got up in arms because a company gave them a free month of play time.

Honestly, you people whining right now are the biggest jokes on the internet.

Maybe this has already been said, but if so, not very often.

Until this game goes free-to-play with an item store or such, the money to run the game comes from game client sales and subscriptions.

What is really happening here is that one segment of the player base is paying for not only themselves to play, but the "free" month players as well.

I'm getting the gift, and even I think both of you, are full of it.

You're really not putting any thought into your appraisal of this event, as anything more than a kindly gift.

It is not.

A gift has no stipulations. It is given for the sake of giving.

This is a reward. A reward given under the pretense, that those who receive it, are valued above those that aren't, for reasons that even a ten year old can see are specious.

I agree 100% Thank you for this, excellent articulation of the problem.

There's only one way to make sure Bioware gets the message. Fortunately, they made the mistake of launching this 4 days before my renewal date. So I know as a personal fact that Bioware now has 3 fewer subs.

If they ever want to get me back, it'll take more than a free month.

As for the cash thing - even if it's worth cash, they've made it pretty clear that it can't be transferred INTO cash. Is this really a problem?

Yes, it is. It's still a case of BW saying, "This group of people have to pay us their cash next month, but this group over here, for <insert whatever reason here, in this case, for having a level 50> does not."

So the many posts here suggesting it should have been all or nothing with this free time, I couldn't agree more.

In fact, even if the gifts were in reverse order, they would have largely avoided this uproar. Rewarding all active subscribers for their real-world money/subscriptions with the real-world reward of gametime, while giving the "special pet", an in-game reward, to those who have achieved the in-game feet of reaching level 50 - would have been more appropriate.

Edited by cloverman

Eh.. I just added up more time on my account. (160 days remaining or so), but it is a bit disappointing that because I play slowly and have been playing a few different characters that I'm not as loyal to the game. I look at it and think that they're trying to encourage everyone who's been spending the time to explore, socialize, play with friends, etc. to "hurry the hell up to 50", which is exactly what I don't want to do since I just don't play that way.

Either way, not enough to make me terribly annoyed, I've got plenty of time still.

Seriously at first i was dissapointed, then angry at BW. But now im laughing, coz they made such a PR catastrophe that its hilarious.

This ^^^

It doesn't annoy me so much, it's more of an amusement that BW could turn this into a PR disaster. Whoever came up with this idea seriously needs a new job because obviously community relations is not for them.

Thanks for the free month of play time Bioware! It's sad when a company does something nice, and the forum population starts to flame. Bioware is an awesome company and always will be for me. The problem is that EA is a crap company. The only thing they do well is the Madden series - yup, I said it. I strongly believe that if EA wasn't apart of the SWToR project; the game would be countless times better. Bioware = good, EA = crap. Just my two cents.

Was writing this in another thread before it was closed.....

Whilst I have 2 level 50's I don't think it's fair to the people who haven't got one yet.

In fact there will be some players who won't get the free time and will have put in more time to the game than myself or others with level 50's. So it begs the question. Why have Bioware based their decision to award only people with level 50's the free time?

They seem to be very good at alienating people lately which ISN'T a good thing for a subscription based game.

Having a 50 does not mean you're more loyal than someone without. In fact, someone who has limited game time, but has played as much as their time allows since launch is probably more loyal as they've paid the same amount but actually been unable to play as often.

They keep loading that gun up..... How many feet left now Bioware?

... And here it is, proof that the people on this forum are the whiniest people in the galaxy. I never thought I'd see the day people got up in arms because a company gave them a free month of play time.

Honestly, you people whining right now are the biggest jokes on the internet.

^^this /signed

Already deleted my 50s today. Free time would not have changed my mind. The only thing that bugs me about this is I'm still forced to give BW money to play DAoC. It's sad when the interns you have fixing that game are doing a superior job to the devs working on this game. Edited by RedEnsign