Social X

GreenLantern

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am only Social V but I am displeased with this as well. Dance parties > lame emotes.

Atm I am not sure if exerting effort to gain SP's is worth anything anymore. Bad for Bioware, or did the guy who mixed up 1.1.5 and 1.2 have something to do with this?

Thought mine was bugged, I had no idea it was being removed entierly. Iwas among the first people to hit Social X on my server back in early January.

Do we get refunded the 100k Creds we paid for it as we can no longer use?

Do we get refunded the 100k Creds we paid for it as we can no longer use?

Yes, you get a full refund on the credits you spent on the party instigator or party bomb. However, you will not be refunded the countless hours you spent working toward your social points.

I just googled this party bomb, and even though I'm not going to be popular saying this, I'm glad they took it away. Being made to dance and cheer is something I do not want.

I love how some people are so limited in their horizon that they can only think in two extremes. How about a compromise, like keeping the items but remove the auto-dancing? But no rather take something entirely away...

Word.

Besides... I thought the point of Social Points was to be able to wear some of the unique clothing in the game... not force players to do puerile dances and cheers against their will.

If thats the true and sole point of the social system then its the biggest failure ever

So someone from bioware is looking at this forum. I just got a warning for avoiding the language filter and my previous post has been edited due to the language. Be nice if someone could give us an answer instead of just editing my post to remove the bad language.

The mods just work on the forums. and it's the weekend shift now.

Things BioWare needs to change / fix before this MMO is a total loss for them:

Focus strongly on resolving bugs in this game and put off any new content until the majority of issues are resolved. Don't believe me, take a poll on this website and you'll see an overwhelming response in favor of fixing bugs.

Stop dismissing players and treat them with the respect we deserve as paying customers.

Bring back Party Bombs / Galactic Party Bomb. If possible put an option in preferences to allow this to not affect your character. Instead of punishing those of us who enjoy the items and took the time to get to Social X.

Fix Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace bugs.

Fix the 30+ mount bug.

Stop giving players empty promises. IE: Rated War zones in Patch 1.2 and 8 hours prior to patch release it is removed. This is lying and very bad form. It would have been better had you just admitted long before that it wouldn't be coming out on time.

They way I look at it, BioWare has made this game free to play by giving everyone a months time. It's the start of the downfall of this game unless BioWare starts to make drastic changes and soon.

I can't believe people were so stupid they didn't realize all you had to do was move and the dance left your character. If you didn't like it hit space bar and it was gone... duh

Also the people on my server liked my Galactic Bomb.. Most people would go cool a Rave.

Now as we are queing on the fleet we just sit around and do nothing.

I am not happy about this and it makes no sense to remove it. What do we get for being Socail X... NADA... ZIP... ZERO

i opend a in game ticket as to why my socil items where removed. they deleted the ticket with no answer. i really feel like im geting moneys worth....NOT!

They did this to me when I put in a ticket about Karagga Nightmare mode not granting me the title. It made me feel like they dont give a dang about me.

Edited by Rutrict

Also the people on my server liked my Galactic Bomb.. Most people would go cool a Rave.

Now as we are queing on the fleet we just sit around and do nothing.

After all this whining here about how bioware doesn't care about the customers, can you imagine how many ppl must have written to bioware about this "feature" that they have seen the need to remove it?

So stop saying everyone loved it. It's very obvious that this wasn't the case.

And before flaming me...I already stated that I don't see this solution as the best thing even though I didn't like these items. I would have preferred a solution where both sides would have their will, like an additional option under social to turn stuff like this off for your own char (and this would include "Rally" for example, even though I see this skill much less intruding to my imagination of my char.)

And before flaming me...

About this ^ - My qoute in my signature applys here.

And I agree with you, if Party Bomb was a problem, than so is Humans Rally. An option should be made under preferences to not be included in those abilities. Not the removal of items.

Yes, I too lost my Party Bomb.

What I want to know (and did not see mentioned anywhere) is WILL I BE REIMBURSED MY 100,000 CREDITS. Yes, it cost 100,000 creds and as far as I can see is that I did not get my creds back. THAT is just about as bad as just removing the item if not worse in my opinion.

I never saw the party bomb because I avoid the fleet at all costs, but that rally thing is a real pain. As soon as it starts, I move a step or two to stop it. It's not a big enough deal for me to complain about to the devs though - just annoying.

I can imagine how the party bomb would annoy some people though - you've headed to the fleet, about to click on the GTN or vendor or whatever and someone lets off a bomb. If you don't expect it, it can really surprise you (and not necessarily in a good way).

Yes, I too lost my Party Bomb.

What I want to know (and did not see mentioned anywhere) is WILL I BE REIMBURSED MY 100,000 CREDITS. Yes, it cost 100,000 creds and as far as I can see is that I did not get my creds back. THAT is just about as bad as just removing the item if not worse in my opinion.

Upon vendoring it you get a full refund of your credits.

I never saw the party bomb because I avoid the fleet at all costs, but that rally thing is a real pain. As soon as it starts, I move a step or two to stop it. It's not a big enough deal for me to complain about to the devs though - just annoying.

I can imagine how the party bomb would annoy some people though - you've headed to the fleet, about to click on the GTN or vendor or whatever and someone lets off a bomb. If you don't expect it, it can really surprise you (and not necessarily in a good way).

Moving, or even mounting a speeder stops it. And it doesn't prevent any actions while the /dance is active.

At least I get a title still... until they remove that also...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/illivatur/SocialX.jpg

I don't feel like Party Time Bitters anymore. They should give us social people a new title, "Down in the Dumps" because Down in the Dumps Bitters is a whole lot more fitting.

Edited by Bitters

I put in a bug report about it and they opened an in-game chat with me. The person I spoke with, I don't think realized that they were tech support for SWTOR or even what SWTOR is. They didn't seem to know what the party bomb was, so I described it to them and they asked if I had the requirement and I said yes I told you earlier I used it regularly prior to the 1.2 patch. I let them know that nothing was mentioned in the patch notes about it, so the support person checked the patch notes and saw I wasn't lying and then assumed it was a bug and would elevate the problem. I would think tech support wouldn't need me to describe what social items are and what the requirements are to use them.