Social X

GreenLantern

Why does bioware hate us cool kids who decided to farm Social X. First the Korrealis Baron becomes available to everyone, and then today I log in to see my Galactic Party Bomb and Party instigator no longer exist. Why do you hate us for being social butterflies...why why why? Hopefully this is just premature anger and I find out theres something cool out there I can get new with 1.2 that cant easily be bought by everyone for credits, but i doubt thats the case.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you "social butterflys" have any idea how annoying your party bombs were to other players who would have to sit on their speeder all day long, indoors building up massive carbon monoxide and doing significant damage to their lungs, to avoid your stupid emote spam?

Hail the downfall of the party spammer.

Yet again this company shows why it's a boy amongst men in the MMORPG industry. No forewarning or documentation in their patch notes. If the RP thing is true, it's not hard to ban it on a set of servers. Lazy.

Yes, it was awesome when used as intended. Unfortunately non-RPers used it as a griefing tool against role-players, and was taken away.

If thats the true reason it was taken away then thats just pathetic. I highly doubt it is though.

They may aswell remove social points from the game... honestly, what purpose do they server?

They had a unique, exclusive mount.. which then had its social X requirement removed and anyone was able to buy it.. then they removed the mount from the game.

They have 2 of the only fun/fluff/social items in a game which is severely lacking in anything resembling fun/side content... and then they remove them.

They offer up the legacy rewards for the highest social levels for anyone by simply paying an incredibly small amount of credits relative to all other legacy unlocks (that also have other requirements too) allowing them to bypass social points.

The social armours are only for light-armour classes, and even they're useless now in the patch that was meant to allow you to wear what you wanted to wear without sacrificying stats... because no social armour can be crit-crafted for an augment slot.

So seriously, why are social points in the game if you're just going to remove all the fun things from people who get them? To be honest I fully expect to see these items return by available to anyone with no social requirement for a small price through the legacy system or some other bs.

Social points are a joke anyway. I assume they're intended as a reward for playing with others and engaging in roleplaying through conversations, but in practice they promote repeated speedruns through esseles normal with spacebaring through conversations since no other flashpoint gives a decent amount of social points.

If thats the true reason it was taken away then thats just pathetic. I highly doubt it is though.

They may aswell remove social points from the game... honestly, what purpose do they server?

They had a unique, exclusive mount.. which then had its social X requirement removed and anyone was able to buy it.. then they removed the mount from the game.

They have 2 of the only fun/fluff/social items in a game which is severely lacking in anything resembling fun/side content... and then they remove them.

They offer up the legacy rewards for the highest social levels for anyone by simply paying an incredibly small amount of credits relative to all other legacy unlocks (that also have other requirements too) allowing them to bypass social points.

The social armours are only for light-armour classes, and even they're useless now in the patch that was meant to allow you to wear what you wanted to wear without sacrificying stats... because no social armour can be crit-crafted for an augment slot.

So seriously, why are social points in the game if you're just going to remove all the fun things from people who get them? To be honest I fully expect to see these items return by available to anyone with no social requirement for a small price through the legacy system or some other bs.

I totally agree with this, which is why they will no longer receive my monthly subscription fee.

Edited by Frayan

I totally agree with this, which is why they will no longer receive my monthly subscription fee.

Hold on - you're quitting because they took out the Part Instigator? Are you f***** kidding me??? I had to log in just to tell you how moronic that is.

That said, what the H BioWare?!? Those things were awesome, I now have absolutely no reason to want social points anymore. Extremely disappointing.

Edited by capt_midnight

I was asking around on my server, and someone claimed it was broken on the PTS, rooting other players when used, and THAT's how it was being used to grief. Anyway, this is really effing lame. I LOVED the party instigator, and i want it back asap. I'm not selling it either way.

Social points are a joke anyway. I assume they're intended as a reward for playing with others and engaging in roleplaying through conversations, but in practice they promote repeated speedruns through esseles normal with spacebaring through conversations since no other flashpoint gives a decent amount of social points.

True. In practice it almost promotes the opposite of social interaction. Typing to say something during Esseles speed runs slows things down...