Level 11 but havent picked my advanced class yet....

dxpn

Hey so I read that at level 10 once on your capital world in my case Dromund Klass you would be able to choose your advanced class? im currently level 11 but have had no option am I missing something?

if you follow your class story, there is a point where you are taken from your starting world to the Empire Fleet; just as you get off the ship, there should be a quest giver that will point you to the Advanced <class> trainer - s/he will give you your Advanced Class choice.

If you missed that quest for some reason, you can talk directly to the advanced trainer; look near the regular trainer either in Fleet or Dromund Kaas.

You need to talk to the quest giver that gives you the mission to go to the advanced class trainer. This is just a person with a triangle over his head same as any other side mission giver.

And most people do this when they arrive to the main level of the space station in imperial fleet.

There may be duplicate somewhere in Dromund Kaas though, so you don't have to go back to the fleet

Or you can press P and open your abilities and in general abilities click the "emergency fleet pass" to get instantly transported to the fleet and get it there and then shuttle back to DK

if you follow your class story

And it is not really tied to following your class story so much, as it is just being at level 10 in the right location, and then actually noticing the quest giver and talking to it.

You can complete your class story on starting planet and pass through the fleet below level 10, in which case you can't even get it.

Likewise you can visit the fleet and get the AC before your class story gets to the point where it tells you to travel through the fleet, if you get level 10 before that.

And it is not really tied to following your class story so much, as it is just being at level 10 in the right location, and then actually noticing the quest giver and talking to it.

You can complete your class story on starting planet and pass through the fleet below level 10, in which case you can't even get it.

This could happen very easily - I hope it's something they address. I finished Tython at level 9 on my Consular, and all that happens is you're told to go to Coruscant next. The mission to speak to your trainer is not there yet. Luckily it was my third character so I knew how it worked - I just talked to all the crew skill vendors to get experience until I hit level 10 and could select an AC. But I can easily see how a new player would miss that.

Edited by amantheil

This very nearly made me not buy SWTOR. I had to have a friend show me where the quest was. This is too important an opportunity to throw to fate. It needs to be tied to a bread crumb quest in your class quest.

This very nearly made me not buy SWTOR. I had to have a friend show me where the quest was. This is too important an opportunity to throw to fate. It needs to be tied to a bread crumb quest in your class quest.

Are you kidding me? Not knowing where to pick up your AC made you nearly not buy the game?

Give me a break. You can throw out a quick "Hey... Where do I learn my Advanced Class?" in general chat on Drummond Kaas or the Fleet, and everyone will tell you where to go. When I first started that's how I figured it out. I left Korriban at level 8 so I was on Drommund Kaas for awhile before learning my AC.

Man... In retrospect, my own inability to properly ask a question in chat makes me regret buying this game and leveling several characters to 50.

Bioware should hand feed me every quest, come to think of it. There was a mission on Coruscant I missed the first two times around because I didn't spend much time in the senate tower and ran right by it.

I think I'm entitled to my money back.

One other thing, I know several people who leveled characters to 50 without their advanced class. They did it for the challenge of it.

It's not like you lose your talent points. If you learn it at 20, you have 10 points you can attribute. You're not missing out on anything. None of the skills do THAT much for you until later levels anyway.