Will we see more sports themed Warzones?

karnyboy

I am not sure why there's so much hate on Huttball, I personally love it and I am not the only one, most people I talk to love it.

I love the traps, I love the atmosphere. It's fun exciting and different to the norm in an MMO pvp.

It keeps it interesting other than the boring zerg, node defense that usually happens.

Any plans on more sports like warzones Devs?

Honestly, it took me a little while to warm up to huttball, but now it is definitely my favorite WZ. The traps cause a number of interesting situations, but more important is the platforms. The platforms allow for a much more dynamic battle than fighting on level ground like in CW. I would happily take more, if only just redesigns of huttball (like different stadiums or something).

Honestly I'm not a fan....If I want to play something like football then I will buy Madden...so on and so forth for other sports. I can easily do without Huttball and anything else related to mainstream American sports. I like the idea of capture the flag as in both sides have a "huttball" but that's just me.

Honestly I'm not a fan....If I want to play something like football then I will buy Madden...so on and so forth for other sports. I can easily do without Huttball and anything else related to mainstream American sports. I like the idea of capture the flag as in both sides have a "huttball" but that's just me.

It's not even close to Madden though, stop being such a Negative Nancy.

I am not sure why there's so much hate on Huttball, I personally love it and I am not the only one, most people I talk to love it.

I love the traps, I love the atmosphere. It's fun exciting and different to the norm in an MMO pvp.

It keeps it interesting other than the boring zerg, node defense that usually happens.

Any plans on more sports like warzones Devs?

I think a lot of complaints with Huttball is that the class can play too big a role, some classes are so much better to have than others with the type of map and skills available to some and not others, it's a problem and is why I don't love it myself.

From a Combat Medic view, it is my least favourite, don't have the tools others have, healing suffers a lot from los, can't shield and sprint through the fire like some for example, which weakens that as an obsticle.

As far as a new WZ, what is needed is at least a full ops Warzone, a bigger scale WZ like an Alterac Valley, not enough variety with all maps being 8 v 8.

With Ilum being dead, we have no bigger scale PvP, at least something like a 24 v 24 or 40 v 40 Warzone would help tie people over until something was done about that.

youre surely not the only one loving huttball!

yeah pls devs make some more warzones like huttball, or just add new settings for huttball, like 2 new arenas!! maybe one without fire and acid pits or a labyrinth one or something like that!

I initially hated Huttball, but it's now one of my favorites. A lot of the hate is just a result of the traps I think. They're tremendous equalizers, a weak team vs a strong team, the weak team can still hold them the strong to a score of 0 using the traps properly. I know, I've done it.

I think a lot of complaints with Huttball is that the class can play too big a role, some classes are so much better to have than others with the type of map and skills available to some and not others, it's a problem and is why I don't love it myself.

From a Combat Medic view, it is my least favourite, don't have the tools others have, healing suffers a lot from los, can't shield and sprint through the fire like some for example, which weakens that as an obsticle.

As far as a new WZ, what is needed is at least a full ops Warzone, a bigger scale WZ like an Alterac Valley, not enough variety with all maps being 8 v 8.

With Ilum being dead, we have no bigger scale PvP, at least something like a 24 v 24 or 40 v 40 Warzone would help tie people over until something was done about that.

A large scale WZ would be nice, but the game engine cannot handle multiple people, which Ilum had proven many times. I had to upgrade my whole rig to run it at an even frame rate. Which is sad.

It's not even close to Madden though, stop being such a Negative Nancy.

Of course Huttball is not like madden...its more like Fifa. Im just voicing my opinion that I'm rightfully entitled to. Much like yourself, though mine is productive.

Maybe I have a sour taste in my mouth because I play huttball more then any other warzone as my server imbalance forces me to. That's fine. I still love to pvp all the time whether I'm in a huttball warzone or not. I could just easily do without it or any incarnation of the sort.

Edited by ZoomB

I want CTF. A warsong gulch mirror would be awesome.

a CTF map would be awesome, I would totally trade voidstar for that :D

I would also like a larger maybe 20v20 warzone. Not sure what you would do in it, but something to rival the epicosity of Old AV

I initially hated Huttball, but it's now one of my favorites. A lot of the hate is just a result of the traps I think. They're tremendous equalizers, a weak team vs a strong team, the weak team can still hold them the strong to a score of 0 using the traps properly. I know, I've done it.

Same here, was so used to playing Alderaan WZ as republic, that when I rolled an imp and started getting lots of huttball it was tricky to adjust to.