Space combat and fast leveling

kaboro

In SWTOR crafting is not an actual player activity so when i want a break from regular questing, the only option is space missions but i cant do them because i would outlevel the quest content.

Space missions give insane amount of exp, a few missions gets me almost a full level.

Space should be a separate sphere like adventuring and crafting, so space missions should give space exp for getting space levels that would allow you to buy the necessary ship upgrades.

If thats not possible, than at least make space missions give less exp and more money as reward.

Oh and how about some "harvest space missions" where the reward would be crafting materials and even recipes instead of the usual exp and commendations.

Fast leveling is begining to annoy me, i like doing all the quests available and as a result i almost outlevel the quests when i get to the next planet in the storyline.

Also fast leveling means i outgrow too fast almost anything i can craft, and last but not least it makes the journey shorter and i enjoy the journey not the destination.

I agree there is too much XP in this game and not just from space. I also thing there should be seperate leveling system for space, but that should/will come when they give us a multiplayer free flight space sim as an expantion to the game. (Common it is going to be a massive game all to it self if/when they do it that it deserves to be an expantion that we should all pay extra for.)

I do like the idea of doing space missions for crafting mats though. Ether through end rewards or through com exchange. Less XP more reward be it money, mats, coms.

I actually disagree. The game is setup that you can level up in a variety of ways yet there is still enough xp that you can level only doing one thing. If you are dead set on doing every sidequest in the game (I've done that as well) you have to accept that you will outpace the quests. We want a shorter leveling game, not a longer one. I think it's good that there is variety to be had.

I actually disagree. The game is setup that you can level up in a variety of ways yet there is still enough xp that you can level only doing one thing. If you are dead set on doing every sidequest in the game (I've done that as well) you have to accept that you will outpace the quests. We want a shorter leveling game, not a longer one. I think it's good that there is variety to be had.

Well, if you put it this way, there is variety for the players that want to level fast, but for those that dont want that.....theres no variety and actually no option.

Well, if you put it this way, there is variety for the players that want to level fast, but for those that dont want that.....theres no variety and actually no option.

That makes no sense. Leveling speed varies from game to game, not within the game itself. SWTOR is kinda a fast leveling game, other games are slower.

If you want to do EVERYTHING possible, you have to realise that you're going to outpace things. But don't say that the option isn't there. You can do literally everything there is to do. Nothing stops you from doing gray quests or low level flashpoints.

That makes no sense. Leveling speed varies from game to game, not within the game itself. SWTOR is kinda a fast leveling game, other games are slower.

If you want to do EVERYTHING possible, you have to realise that you're going to outpace things. But don't say that the option isn't there. You can do literally everything there is to do. Nothing stops you from doing gray quests or low level flashpoints.

Some players like to level fast, others want to level slow.

Other games have the option to turn exp off, so leveling speed varies within the game itself, but that would be problematic to implement in swtor because of its design.

Basically what i was asking for was an option for the players that want to level slower, of course without affecting the players that want to level fast.

Keyword is "option", namely fast leveling should be optional, that way everybody would get what they want.

For example there should be space missions that give exp as they do now, but there could also be space missions that dont give exp, instead they give credits or craft mats as reward, so players would have an option.

I definitely disagree. Space combat can overlevel you a little bit between levels 15 and 20, but that trend levels off rapidly. By mid-game you'd need to run the highest level space daily for a week or two in order to gain a single level.

I definitely disagree. Space combat can overlevel you a little bit between levels 15 and 20, but that trend levels off rapidly. By mid-game you'd need to run the highest level space daily for a week or two in order to gain a single level.

Exactly right. At the time when only a few space quests level you, only a few normal quests will level you as well.