most overpowered pvp class

Heith

maybe it means nothing to you, but i can explain! people are trying to make clear to you that your list is just hilarious. jugger last, lol! well anyway class balance is pretty tight, the only differences you will see on your skilllevel is playerskill, not class-balance issues.

if jug shouldnt be last then post your list

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets start making a ranking of them by your experience. ill go first.

assassin

sorcerer

marauder

powertech

mercenary

operative

sniper

juggernaut

some of them are a little different in some scenarios for example an operative with surgical probe / surgical precision is very difficult to kill.

im not complaining i am an assassin as my main and i have a 50 marauder as well this is just my experience on class balance. discuss.

Did you miss anyone??

When you name like over HALF of the classes/spec as overpowered.... I think its you that has the problem.

I play pretty much all the classes and not a single one of them is at an advantage over another.

I have a Tanking Jedi Shadow and Sith Assassin, I do well in PvP only because I guard and play the objective well. I can't dps for my life, but I can survive and help my teammates last longer.

I have a Healer Operative and Mercenary. Yes, my merc doesn't heal as good but I'm in a hybrid heal-dps spec so I can dish out damage if nobody needs heals. I also get many medals because I support the objective and heal and do damage. My Operative is full healer so I get voted on a lot for healing.

I have a DPS Sith Sorcerer and Jedi Sage, and I do tons and tons of damage but I can't survive for very long. I help my teammates by quickly eliminating someone who is attacking them, and bubble them to help with survivability.

I have a DPS Sith Juggernaut, and this pretty much applies to both my DPS Sorcerer/Sage and Jedi Shadow/Assassin since I can guard and dish out dps.

Not one class is overpowered. You just need to learn how to predict your surroundings and play well.

yeah juggs can do the choke / smash with rage and do pretty good damage but its rather situational. marauders can do high damage without relying on a situational big hit. and tank spec assassins with dps gear oh my god the hits are huge. Edited by Heith

I'd estimate

1. Assassins (Tank spec + DPS gear)

2. Marauders (just an overall good class)

3. Powertech

4....after that everything is kind of a wash with different classes having different Strengths/Weaknesses.

5. Vengeance and Tank Juggers suck

6. Lethality Operatives are too rare to judge.

This is the list I'll give a +1 to.

I have a Tanking Jedi Shadow and Sith Assassin, I do well in PvP only because I guard and play the objective well. I can't dps for my life, .

Sounds like you're doing something wrong. Tank spec Assassins/Shadows can put out quite a lot of damage, and not just from aoe skills.

Not to mention the insane damage they can dish out if equiped with dps gear while running tank spec.

Imo the damage penalty should be higher than 5% and I would suspect that will be something on Bioware's radar for future tweaks. If it's not then it should be. Compare the damage output of Shadows and Assassins combined with their high survivability with the noticeably lower damage of tank spec Powertechs/Vangaurds, Juggers and Guards.

Not one class is overpowered. You just need to learn how to predict your surroundings and play well.

I would agree with this. I think "overpowered" is far too strong a word. There are minor balance issues that will need to be tweaked, and we'll no doubt see them almost every update for a while to come as they take in ongoing feedback on the classes.

Edited by Paelo

lets start making a ranking of them by your experience. ill go first.

assassin

sorcerer

marauder

powertech

mercenary

operative

sniper

juggernaut

some of them are a little different in some scenarios for example an operative with surgical probe / surgical precision is very difficult to kill.

im not complaining i am an assassin as my main and i have a 50 marauder as well this is just my experience on class balance. discuss.

In all honesty, coming from someone who spends a lot of time pvping...

Please keep in mind these are in warzones and not 1v1

Pre 1.2

sin

mara

(healing merc)

jugg

sniper

pt

sorc

op

(non healing merc)

Post 1.2

mara

sin

jugg

sniper

(healing op)

pt

merc

(nonhealing op)

Sorc

I play a jugg, immortal spec and I am insulted by the lack of respect we are receiving in this thread. Pvp is all about dps? Juggs do a lot of things that simply do not show up on the stat sheet. Absorbing tons of damage, staying alive and keeping the other team from capping. Taunt, Aoe taunt and guard are game changing and can turn the tide of battle. Juggs dominate in huttball as well. One on one, immortal juggs who are well played should have no problem beating dps classes while healers give me the most trouble, just because of the limited dps i put out. Per game medals, i average between 6 to 10 depending on the game, total damage around 75-125k and protection ranging from 50k to 100k on average. Juggs are the Rodney Dangerfields of pvp, no respect.

yeah juggs can do the choke / smash with rage and do pretty good damage but its rather situational. marauders can do high damage without relying on a situational big hit. and tank spec assassins with dps gear oh my god the hits are huge.

Ummm darkness assassins don't hit for huge numbers. They just hit you a lot of times and have good survivability. Outside of assassinate, you're going to be hard pressed seeing a Crit over 3k.

yeah juggs can do the choke / smash with rage and do pretty good damage but its rather situational. marauders can do high damage without relying on a situational big hit. and tank spec assassins with dps gear oh my god the hits are huge.

Huge it? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

so you are level 50 in level 40 green gear right?

Darkness sin is more like substained decent hit... if you know how to play you can beat those tanks... First time of my whole life I use this but... learn the class or learn to play...

It's not an easy thing to judge. Every class can be played well. The more important question is, which class is easier to be played well. Everyone always says that Marauders are powerful, but what they don't know is that it takes a much more skilled play a Marauder as well as say....a Sorcerer. A Sorcerer can turn INVI, heal, boost speed, lighting from afar, CC & push back. Basically, a Sorc has almost everything it needs in it's arsenal, be it to run, fight or heal.

***? do you really mean invisible? Sorc can turn invisible now? So people are playing sorc with double bladed lightsaber?

Edited by Philelectric

There is STILL people dying because of TM's spammers? I don't want to live on this planet anymore :(

overdramatic much?

it's more a fact of a 1 button mechanic.

with my scrapper scoundrel i use probably 6 skills at least and actively rotate through a variety of skills, compare that to a merc sitting at the sideline hitting 1 button over and over downing people.

i don't know if technically it would be "op" but it doesn't seem right to me.

it's literally all i see them do, i feel like each class should have some active variety to it and not the 1 magic button.

if anything, at least remove the sound from it. cuz that's definitely op to my ears.

Edited by teambff