Guide: Crew Skills

Goshee

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i feel kind enlightend now. I just was made aware of not having the slightest clue how crafting works. And well i'm playing the game since Early Acess now. *blushes and feels ashamed* ^^

Should have found this very interesting and absolutely helpful guide a bit earlier. Could have saved some credits. *sighs*

Well thank you for this guide and for the time you invested in making it for younglings in crafting like me. Especially the RE - Section helped me a lot.

*applaudes* Well earned sticky Sir :)

Edited by WhiteWeasel

Here is Question not answered. Bio making reusable medpacks. Prior to the reusable you get to the medpack which heals XXX amount plus XxX over time. Reverse Engenering the medpack which includes heal over time gives you the schematic for reusable medpack but NO additional heal over time. Has Anyone reverse engeneered to the point they accomplish and recieve schematic for RE-Usable MedPack inluding the heal over time? I have never seen one and have been RE my reusable medpacks Not getting the heal over time. schematic. Do the reusables Not include those attributes? Thanks very much. Have checked all the other swtor sites and havent seen anyone go for or comment on a reusable Medpac to the level which includes the heal over time feature. Thanks much.

Nice guide - one thing that could be added to the original post, tho.. I don't see anywhere a table of what skill level corresponds to what tier. You basically have to grind up until magically the next rank missions appear, for gathering and mission skills.

Nowhere googling around do I see a definitive list. Since the "Mission Discovery" items list a min skill to use, and not a Rank (sigh Bioware), you have no idea what they'll get you until you use them a few times and have more general familiarity with the system (Cool, I found a 175 Archeology discovery! What the honk will this get me??).

A guide showing something like "1-119: Rank 1" will let a player know, ok, this 115 discovery gets me rank 1 items. It also helps when you're cranking out items just to level - should I queue 4 more orange items to get to the next tier, or is that a waste of mats?

If someone has this info hidden somewhere, please show it to Google :D

Edited by spacefiddle
silly typos

Okay, some digging, poking around, peering through the GTN interface (blecch) and mucking about with my toons' skills gives the following (this is not the actual crafting skills, but gather and mission skills):

1 - 59             Rank 1 - Mission Levels 10-16
60 - 119         Rank 2 - Mission Levels 17-24
120 - 189	     Rank 3 - Mission Levels 25-32
190 - 269	     Rank 4 - Mission levels 33-40
270 - 319	     Rank 5 - Mission Levels 41-48
320 - 400	     Rank 6 - Mission levels 49 and 50

One thing to note is that there are no Companion GIfts of Rank 6. So both Rank 5 and Rank 6 missions will provide Rank 5 Companion Gifts.

If you're looking at a Mission Discovery, find what range the number appears in above, and that's the rank of the results you'll get. Mission Discoveries get you one of every available mission type in that rank, so an Investigation 175 will get you both Rank 3 Researched Compounds *and* Rank 3 Companion Gifts. For Underworld Trading, you'll get Metals, Silks, and Gifts.

The mission level ranges have nothing to do with when you can run the mission. You can, with the cash, level right up to 400 at level 10 if you want. The level bracket after the rank determines who can use the result.

For example, if you want to craft a purple-quality barrel with a min level requirement of 35, your Armstech will need a Rank 4 Purple-quality Researched Compound to craft it, since level 35 is in the 4th tier bracket. A Rank 2 Slicing mission for Augments will never get you an Augment with a min level requirement of less than 17, nor more than 24.

Normally, you'll only see Moderate, Abundant, Bountiful, or Rich yields in your missions (from least to most). Mission Discoveries will provide Prosperous or Wealthy (blue and purple respectively, I believe, but I'm not 100% sure if that's set in stone).

Hope this helps - maybe the next time Goshee wanders by he can add the Rank table to his guide. He can leave out my rambling :o.

Edited by spacefiddle

Okay, some digging, poking around, peering through the GTN interface (blecch) and mucking about with my toons' skills gives the following (this is not the actual crafting skills, but gather and mission skills):

1 - 59             Rank 1 - Mission Levels 10-16
60 - 119         Rank 2 - Mission Levels 17-24
120 - 189	     Rank 3 - Mission Levels 25-32
190 - 269	     Rank 4 - Mission levels 33-40
270 - 319	     Rank 5 - Mission Levels 41-48
320 - 400	     Rank 6 - Mission levels 49 and 50

Thanks for that. Have been looking every where for this info.

Cheers!

havent found info about crafted item ranks, for example I can craft tank rakata relic (aritifice)

wich is purple quality initially, then I craft it some more and get [exceptional] version of said item, same stats added augment slot. Ok cool.

What about [masterpiece] crafts and what's the difference, is it "better crit" on same craft or follow up via RE?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm sorry if I'm asking already asked question but I'm wondering if reverse engineering is the way you are getting purple recipes for color crystals in artifice. I know there are some world bosses that drop recipes for some exotic color crystals such as magenta but if I want a BLUE color crystal (a purple recipe) do I have to just keep using reverse engineering until I get lucky? I'm asking for max level of artifice ofc. :)

I have a question, does your character level matter? i mean a lvl 10 Jedi can get all crewskills and send missions and not fail them even if they are all the way up to 400??

Basically can a lvl 10 char get level 400 on all crew skills he chose??

Thanks for your time

Nice work. I was wondering which skills complimented each other the most..

EDIT: So to confirm you can have a total of 3 skills at anyone time?

Why isnt slicing good for anything?

Slicing its good if u want to be able to farm Augments and credits but other then that its just augments

I have a question, does your character level matter? i mean a lvl 10 Jedi can get all crewskills and send missions and not fail them even if they are all the way up to 400??

Basically can a lvl 10 char get level 400 on all crew skills he chose??

Thanks for your time

Yes they can. But to do so you will need to feed this character cash to buy new recipes and to do missions. And a large portion of making creds is from questing at that level. If you are going to try and get a skill to 400 at level 10, I would suggest changing the 10 to level 16-18 and get your ship at least. This will give you one clear advantage over crafting at level 10...the extra companion. True..the robot flat out is TERRIBLE! But not as bad as some think for crafting. Just don't do orange (more chance of failure) missions and limit him to how much you send him on yellow ( i'd give it about a 33% chance to succeed with the robot from experience only! I haven't done the math...just a guestimation) missions. Now green and grey missions he seems to do just fine on and even crits once in awhile. So now you have 2 companions. One to do missions while the other crafts. Another thing to take into consideration is your companion's crew skill bonuses. I wanted Cybertech for making mods for my characters and ship parts. So I made a SI/Assassin and got my Cybertech to 400 in 2 days. All good except I don't have my ship yet, and Khem Val has a bonus to Artificing efficiency of +10. Then On another alt I did artificing on a Warrior Which my first 3 ACTUAL companions are more suited to Synthweaving and Biochem (Quinn hass bonuses for diplomacy and Bio). So make sure to keep this in mind as if crafting at a low level you'll want to be able to crit or make items faster with efficiency, which means using your first companion to your advantage. Vette for a Warrior is Treasure Hunting Critical and Underworld Trading Efficiency so Synthweaving or Artificing would benefit from her but you would still need Archaeology for both of those professions somewhere. SWo, to answer your question yes, it is possible and is done. But I've come to find that choosing a profession ahead of time like synthweaving for example, and then not taking it until you hit late 40's to even 50 is actually more beneficial IMHO. That way you can take gathering skills to compliment your profession like archaeology, UWT, and TH for synthweaving, and gather till you have 2 stacks of 99 of each crystal, metal, and gemstone, THEN drop one of the skills and take up the synthweaving. I know...TH idn't necessarily for Synth but I take it because I took Artifice again for my 2nd 50 and plan on re-rolling my assassin. So the extra TH helps atm. Now all my alts can benefit from high lvl 50 10k affection, efficiency, and all the mats I need to level my profession quickly, without spending a ton of money, and I get 5 companions to do my dirty work, leaving the stuff I want crit crafted (i.e. purples) to Jaessa and the rest go to companions who dont share a bonus for any future gathering I may need to do.

Thanks mate, now another question, can all companions(without having the + crit bonus) crit on crew skill missions or crafring, etc??? and what helps in that? affection?

Thanks again!

Affection only affects the time they take to do the mission/craft items, and possibly reduce the credits to do it (just a personal oppinion), and they can all crit since i've had crits from both missions and crafting with the robot that comes with the ship.

Edited by Metalor