Guide: Crew Skills

Goshee

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the guide but I am looking for the difference between moderate-abundant-rich etc...

I am aware of the obvious rich is well rich, but what about abundant and bountiful? Which is better? If there is a place to locate that info please direct me.

Love the post. I noticed that the companion selection has nothing under gifts. I've been using http://www.torhead.com/companions to find out that information. Figured I'd give yeah a heads up about it. Possibly make use of it and such. =)

All that information was taken from the ingame Codex, though the in game codex has been known to be incorrect at times.

I will be adding the likes and dislikes to the list shortly ^^

Ok so I understand all that you originally posted about the crew skills and all except where can I go to craft is there a certain spot I am looking for on the Fleet or a certain planet(s) to where I can go to do all this because I have yet to find a single crafting station anywhere in the game.

Ok so I understand all that you originally posted about the crew skills and all except where can I go to craft is there a certain spot I am looking for on the Fleet or a certain planet(s) to where I can go to do all this because I have yet to find a single crafting station anywhere in the game.

YOU as the player don't personally craft anything. You send your companion to go do it for you.

Open up the crew skill pane 'N' and select the crafting icon beside a companions name. Look for a schematic you want to create, if you have all the requires materials click create in the bottom right and your companion will go make it for you.

It will take anywhere between a couple of minutes to several hours

A brilliant guide (again) on a very complex topic. Thank you!

2 questions:

a)

You link to a guide on RE'ing that has a small but very inspiring pro-and-con section on one skill (armorcrafting).

Is there anything similar out there somewhere covering the other skills? It seems very useful for someone new to crafting...

b)

There's nothing stopping you from having all gathering/missioning skills and no crafting, I assume?

Since crafting appears to be quite the money sink, do people generally choose just to have all gathering and no crafting skills?

And if so, why not?

Mission skills don't work the same way as crafting skills. You unlock more missions as you increase your level. Completing missions however also increases your skill level in the crew skill as normal.

It would seem they give you an even number. At level 10 you will be able to do 8 missions, 4 of which will be light side, the other 4 dark side. If you complete these before level 12 you will have to wait until level 12 to get new ones for example.

For a list of all diplomacy missions look here

This link will explain to you what level you need to be for the mission to unlock and the skill you must be in diplomacy for you to begin it.

Hope this helps!

Edit: I'm unsure as to whether there is an option to let you hide light side or dark side missions.

"Mission skills don't work the same way as crafting skills. You unlock more missions as you increase your level. Completing missions however also increases your skill level in the crew skill as normal."

I was looking for that exact info! I think it could get a spot in the guide.

Which profession is good to make money with?

Hard to say at this moment in time, It was previously slicing but it has undergone a massive nerf (needed tbh).

On my server, the items from underworld trading seem to be selling for a lot on the GN. A crafting skill is a huge money sink, I've spent over 100k credits learning all the schematics from my trainer.

IMO the best way to make money is either take 3 mission skills and sell the items you receive on the GN. Or take 3 gathering skills and only use the nodes around the world as sending your companions on missions to gather costs a lot of money. It would seem a lot of people have gathering skills too so little is being bought on the GN.

That's my 2 cents and it is highly debatable.

ok I am stuck. Is there something that I need to do because my arch skills stopped at 86 and no matter what I do they are not going up. My toon is currently a level 18. I have 2 companions. some one please help

Btw whre are the curators?

You must be gathering grey nodes. These wont skill you up because your gathering skill is too high for them. You must either send your companion on gathering missions or wait until you are on a new planet with higher level nodes.

What is efficiency versus critical?

Efficiency reduces the time it takes to complete a crew skill mission or crafting session.

Critical has a chance when crafting, to create a more unique version of the item you were originally planning to create. It will have better stats than the original. It also has a chance to bring in more rare rewards when on a crew skill mission.

A brilliant guide (again) on a very complex topic. Thank you!

2 questions:

a)

You link to a guide on RE'ing that has a small but very inspiring pro-and-con section on one skill (armorcrafting).

Is there anything similar out there somewhere covering the other skills? It seems very useful for someone new to crafting...

b)

There's nothing stopping you from having all gathering/missioning skills and no crafting, I assume?

Since crafting appears to be quite the money sink, do people generally choose just to have all gathering and no crafting skills?

And if so, why not?

a) I'm not sure sorry! I haven't seen an in depth look of the other crafting skills yet either.

b) That is correct, but remember you can only have 3. The combination of the 3 can be anything you want. You don't have to have a crafting skill (but if you do you are only allowed 1)

At the moment it is hard to say, crafting is an enormous money sink, I'm unsure of what other people are doing.

Thanks Goshee for the guide... only been playing for 2 days and it is a great help so far:D

Question - is crafting really worth it. I am lv 10 now and it would be nice to know if i should take it now or not? or rather just focus on gathering and missions?

Thanks again AA++

Thanks Goshee for the guide... only been playing for 2 days and it is a great help so far:D

Question - is crafting really worth it. I am lv 10 now and it would be nice to know if i should take it now or not? or rather just focus on gathering and missions?

Thanks again AA++

Hey Jaken, glad it helped ^^

Crafting can be worth it, I've always had my cybertech level above my character level. So I've always had the benefits of being able to use the best equipment when I can.

Just warning you that it is a money sink, but at later levels you'll get a lot of money from quest rewards anyway.

I never did any gathering mission, I just always went for nodes and that seemed to suffice by the way. So that means I wasn't pouring credits in to running gathering missions.