My leveling idea (discuss).

kirorx

I was thinking about this and i would like to share this idea with the community, obiviously it wont matter at this point but this just idea for fun.

My Idea for Leveling

All leveling should have been done through your main questline, with out sides quest available during the leveling process. I realize this would be a shorter leveling process but hear me out.

Why?

This could have freed up a ton of finance from VO used during the leveling process and this would have kept people from having to repeat content when rerolling. Keeping people focused on the storyline while they level and not getting side tracked.

This would also keep people within the appropriate levels for content meaning that in order to progress you will have to learn to master your profession rather than being able to over level difficult content.

What about the VO?

The best part is this...All those side quests that you did not play during the leveling process, can be introduced as end game, level 50 content spread out through out the galaxy. These could have produced a ton of options for themeparks and end game items that players can acheive on their own or with a friend (you still have 4 man misssions).

This also gives more reason to return to planets. Everything is so heavily instanced it would be easy to seperate the end game and leveling areas.

Currently if you skip a questline you will never want go back and play level 20 questline just because, this makes all quests created mean somthing. Everything serves a purpose.

What about PVPers

I mostly pvp myself but the main storyline is rather important regardless and would not take that long if your just running the main story. Warzones still require valor so we still have that grind

Wont is be short to level?

Yes obviously, but really isnt the goal just to have fun anyway. If you cant really out level your content and you have to L2P your class to progress then the leveling process is more of a tutorial and thats seem benificial.

Anyway this is just an IDEA I think would be neat, I would like to hear more from the communtiy.

Edited by kirorx

It is not a bad idea in terms of content... even though I think there is plenty to do at end game.

But it is a terrible idea in terms of the actual leveling. This is already one of the easiest games to level in. It is currently a much more fulfilling experience then any other MMO in my opinion due to the story line and such.

But there is still a challenge to the leveling process in which we have to fill these voids with other side quest and some pvp, or even space missions.

I get you do not want to repeat content, but this is an MMO, and you need some sort of challenge to get to lvl 50. If it was the way you design suggests, I would personally have 8 lvl 50s already.

Although I understand what you mean, I would go bonkers if I leveled that fast and it would give me far too little satisfaction in gettting lvl 50. Plus I am not the endgame type (hence my 8 alts) so that would only make things worse for me.

I was thinking about this and i would like to share this idea with the community, obiviously it wont matter at this point but this just idea for fun.

My Idea for Leveling

All leveling should have been done through your main questline, with out sides quest available during the leveling process. I realize this would be a shorter leveling process but hear me out.

Why?

This could have freed up a ton of finance from VO used during the leveling process and this would have kept people from having to repeat content when rerolling. Keeping people focused on the storyline while they level and not getting side tracked.

This would also keep people within the appropriate levels for content meaning that in order to progress you will have to learn to master your profession rather than being able to over level difficult content.

What about the VO?

The best part is this...All those side quests that you did not play during the leveling process, can be introduced as end game, level 50 content spread out through out the galaxy. These could have produced a ton of options for themeparks and end game items that players can acheive on their own or with a friend (you still have 4 man misssions).

This also gives more reason to return to planets. Everything is so heavily instanced it would be easy to seperate the end game and leveling areas.

Currently if you skip a questline you will never want go back and play level 20 questline just because, this makes all quests created mean somthing. Everything serves a purpose.

What about PVPers

I mostly pvp myself but the main storyline is rather important regardless and would not take that long if your just running the main story. Warzones still require valor so we still have that grind

Wont is be short to level?

Yes obviously, but really isnt the goal just to have fun anyway. If you cant really out level your content and you have to L2P your class to progress then the leveling process is more of a tutorial and thats seem benificial.

Anyway this is just an IDEA I think would be neat, I would like to hear more from the communtiy.

So instead of taking 6 days of game played time to level it would take 2-3. Players would level to 50 in less than a week and would be whining days sooner that there is nothing left for them to do.

It is impossible for developers to develop Hard core content at a pace faster than the players consume. Making it so the casual player out grows end game content sooner would kill any MMO. Once there is nothing left to do people get bored and unsub!

The leveling process should have taken 3-4 times longer than it did. The hardcore would still be well ahead of new content but at least they would still be busy doing it now!

I see what you're saying, but personally, I love the side quest voiceovers. Everyone who says they're just "kill x of y" covered up is blowing smoke to to hide that the game design just isn't their cup of tea. The imperial Balsavis line alone was awesome, the freeing the Dread masters thing was much more than just "kill x of Y". You can boil anything down to anything if that's what you want.

So instead of taking 6 days of game played time to level it would take 2-3. Players would level to 50 in less than a week and would be whining days sooner that there is nothing left for them to do.

It takes me about two months to get a character to level fifty. That's playing 3-4 times a week. I have two level 50s now and still haven't done a Hard Mode Flashpoint or Operation.

I see what you're saying, but personally, I love the side quest voiceovers. Everyone who says they're just "kill x of y" covered up is blowing smoke to to hide that the game design just isn't their cup of tea. The imperial Balsavis line alone was awesome, the freeing the Dread masters thing was much more than just "kill x of Y". You can boil anything down to anything if that's what you want.

I enjoy some of side quests as well, this why rather than make them a part of leveling these would be part of end game content.

Consider the amount of quests you may have bypassed on the original trek to 50, if these were a level 50 content, you could play every one of them and benifit with end game items and cool new rewards rather than experience and items you will replace as you level.

It takes me about two months to get a character to level fifty. That's playing 3-4 times a week. I have two level 50s now and still haven't done a Hard Mode Flashpoint or Operation.

That's still about five or six games played. Games played as measured in game does not mean actualy days played, but time measured in 24 hour increments.

What a completely idiotic idea. So tell me, what about people who don't PvP at all? Or people that actually, you know, ENJOY the questing aspect? Oh, that's right, no one else even enters your little deluded mind. You might as well just put every single class quest into an instance that you can enter at your leisure from your ship, like the boarding missions. Yeah, that would be so awesome.

Seriously... LOL and other instant-action pvp games are that way >>>>

What a completely idiotic idea. So tell me, what about people who don't PvP at all? Or people that actually, you know, ENJOY the questing aspect? Oh, that's right, no one else even enters your little deluded mind. You might as well just put every single class quest into an instance that you can enter at your leisure from your ship, like the boarding missions. Yeah, that would be so awesome.

Seriously... LOL and other instant-action pvp games are that way >>>>

umm what? lol :rolleyes:

Here is a quick way to level.

1) Start 4 characters and play them until they reach their advanced class (1-2 days max)

2) When you reach lvl 10 log off all characters in a Cantina

Go out and enjoy real life for a few days.

3) Log the first character in and level until you run out of rested XP

4) Run back to a Cantina and log that character off

5) Log your next character in and level until you run out of rested XP

Rinse and repeat for all 4 characters. You spend almost 100% of your time under double xp with this setup.