Ability to change Legacy Name!

Glopy

I am not the only one who wants/needs this to be something to change in the new update. there was no information what so ever when i was able to choose my legacy name and has "messed up on it".

Im not saying everyone gets an unlimited supply of Legacy name changes. What im thinking of is to use the "Legacy Points??" to change it like to buy a mailbox on your ship. and only a certain amount you can do it.

I really hope they make this possible in the new update and i am 100% sure i am not the only one who wants this.

. there was no information what so ever when i was able to choose my legacy name and has "messed up on it".

No info? I suppose if you clicked past the warning telling you its perminant and for all your toons. Half recall it mentioned it on the window that you input the legacy name into to.

I support the introduction of the ability to change (likely as a paid service as that's pretty much industry standard), but this no info is just plain false on the name part.

No info? I suppose if you clicked past the warning telling you its perminant and for all your toons. Half recall it mentioned it on the window that you input the legacy name into to.

I support the introduction of the ability to change (likely as a paid service as that's pretty much industry standard), but this no info is just plain false on the name part.

I don't recall any info at all. I received a, "hey choose a last name". And that was it.

The popup and more info wasnt added till later after quite a few posts started surficing asking to change thier legacy name as they didnt understand or know it was permanent for every character made there after.

I am not the only one who wants/needs this to be something to change in the new update. there was no information what so ever when i was able to choose my legacy name and has "messed up on it".

Im not saying everyone gets an unlimited supply of Legacy name changes. What im thinking of is to use the "Legacy Points??" to change it like to buy a mailbox on your ship. and only a certain amount you can do it.

I really hope they make this possible in the new update and i am 100% sure i am not the only one who wants this.

I would be conditionally in favor of this with one qualification. That I'm basing off of this, Legacy is kind of the TOR equivalent to reputation / renown / infamy / ect, and is shown as a family last name. So let people change the Legacy name, but set the cost to all of their Legacy xp, so it resets back to 0.

So let people change the Legacy name, but set the cost to all of their Legacy xp, so it resets back to 0.

I support this.

To the OP, there is no mechanism to change your Legacy name, nor is there anything that has been announced that would support this. The features for Update 1.2 are frozen and are in testing on the PTS: You will definitely not see any changes in this regard.

To other players: Choose your Legacy name with care. You will not be able to change it and it applies to all your characters, current and future.

Nope there wasn't anything like Novare said above.

Maybe it told you because you were asked for legacy later then i was. im not saying i was asked first day i got the game but i did get this game when it came out and had been playing the early access.

Seriously it warns you ahead of time. If you hate your name that bad just get people to report you for an offensive legacy name, I did it for my buddy and they let him change his because it "was offending people" just had every member of the guild report him on every toon.

Seriously it warns you ahead of time. If you hate your name that bad just get people to report you for an offensive legacy name, I did it for my buddy and they let him change his because it "was offending people" just had every member of the guild report him on every toon.

I don't think that's going to work no matter how many people complain if it's something like 'Smith' or 'Cuddles'.

I am not the only one who wants/needs this to be something to change in the new update. there was no information what so ever when i was able to choose my legacy name and has "messed up on.

this was covered in the guild summit. The response was that they were thinking about it, but it wouldn't be a continual thing, but would possibly offered once to those that started before a certain time.

If you hate your name that bad just get people to report you for an offensive legacy name, I did it for my buddy and they let him change his because it "was offending people" just had every member of the guild report him on every toon.

Does that really work???

I would love to be able to change my legacy name. Even if it meant losing all my progress on my old one.

I picked a legacy name of one of my old characters from another game. I don't really like how it works with my "First" name on each of my characters and it would be awesome to fix it.

I would love to be able to change my legacy name. Even if it meant losing all my progress on my old one.

I picked a legacy name of one of my old characters from another game. I don't really like how it works with my "First" name on each of my characters and it would be awesome to fix it.

While changing the legacy name would be nice, you DO always have the option of simply not displaying it...then it doesn't matter how well it "works" with any of your characters.

While changing the legacy name would be nice, you DO always have the option of simply not displaying it...then it doesn't matter how well it "works" with any of your characters.

But i want to show it since it can enhance your characters name.