Biochem Requirements still in place after 1.2?

OrionDammit

I've read that they intend to remove the Biochem level requirements on high level Stims/Adrenals/Medpacks. Does anyone know if this is true and if they implemented this for patch 1.2? I have a 400 Biochemist but if the requirements are dropped, I may go Synthweaving. Edited by OrionDammit

I've read that they intend to remove the Biochem level requirements on high level Stims/Adrenals/Medpacks. Does anyone know if this is true and if they implemented this for patch 1.2? I have a 400 Biochemist but if the requirements are dropped, I may go Synthweaving.

Not true. The items themselves are being passively phased out. I.e., there will be no *new* reusable items made. As new tiers of consumables become available (i.e., more powerful), the old ones will become less and less powerful, relatively speaking.

EDIT: What that really means, is that unless material costs for new adrenals are signfiicantly reduced, the current reusable adrenals and medpacks will be useful for a long, long time. Stims however, our guild has pretty much switched to Exotech for harder content, but still use Rakata and Prototype Hyper-Battle normally.

Edited by Seront

Thanks for the info. I only PVP (for now) so I have no interest in spending materials on PVP battles. The current Re-Engineered reusable stims/adrenals will work for now. If I get lucky on a Rakata component since they are no longer BOP after 1.2 then I'll upgrade.

Not true. The items themselves are being passively phased out. I.e., there will be no *new* reusable items made. As new tiers of consumables become available (i.e., more powerful), the old ones will become less and less powerful, relatively speaking.

IIRC, they did actually say at the guild summit that they would be removing BoP and skill restrictions from crafted items, however there is (currently) no sign of them having done this on test to any of the existing crafted BoP/skill restricted items.

In retrospect, it's possible that, like "phasing out of reuseables" they simply mean that going forward there won't be any new crafted BoP/skill restricted items.

Which doesn't really solve the problem all THAT much. Biochem will still be the "goto" skill from lvls 1-50 something. (until the point at which the reuseable ness of the reuseables can't compete with the improved power of the consumables.... which will most likely be some point quite a ways after lvl 50)

IIRC, they did actually say at the guild summit that they would be removing BoP and skill restrictions from crafted items, however there is (currently) no sign of them having done this on test to any of the existing crafted BoP/skill restricted items.

In retrospect, it's possible that, like "phasing out of reuseables" they simply mean that going forward there won't be any new crafted BoP/skill restricted items.

Which doesn't really solve the problem all THAT much. Biochem will still be the "goto" skill from lvls 1-50 something. (until the point at which the reuseable ness of the reuseables can't compete with the improved power of the consumables.... which will most likely be some point quite a ways after lvl 50)

I think that you may be right about it. Recently however, I think there was a post clarifying that they will just become outdated due to better things being available.

They aren't removing the requirement, they just aren't making new and improved versions that have said requirement. Eventually it won't be worth using the rakata as they will be grossly sub par to what everyone else is using.