Ranked warzones BEFORE cross-server? Sounds like we have a problem.

Stenrik

Am I really to understand that we'll only be having same-server ranked warzones for awhile? (Cross-server unfortunately isn't coming immediately in 1.2.)

Because I'm really not sure how it's going to work in low-pop servers. In servers where you get 1, MAYBE 2 simultaneous warzones going at once (often just one when it's not primetime), breaking up the pool of queue-ers just makes no sense.

The only thing I can see happening is the same ranked groups going head-to-head again and again (which defeats the purpose of ranked warzones i.m.o.), or getting mostly mixed ranked matches, which again defeats the purpose.

Anyone else concerned?

Edited by Stenrik

Yeah, it's pretty hilarious how they actually came to a decision that this was a good idea. I'm not even a game developer and I can see how this isn't a good idea LOL

Most servers can't even get RANDOM War zone queues, let alone people that actually do rated.

If cross-server queues don't come before may 15, then cy@ Bioware and GL.

If you've actually read the PvP-related posts BW made public, you would've seen that after a short waiting-time, ppl from both ranked and unranked get pooled together. That's mainly why this is just a "pre-season".

And if you read my post I acknowledge that.

...or getting mostly mixed ranked matches, which again defeats the purpose.

I'm patient enough to wait a little while, but I hope we get some clarification as to when ranked will mean something.

Edited by Stenrik