Class change

mycommando

Just saying this could work. Have the trooper become a BH . At level 50 at the end of act 3 they could decide they like the lawless side better and switch to a BH at level 1 And vice-versa. Same thing with smuggler and Imp agent.

Just saying this could work. Have the trooper become a BH . At level 50 at the end of act 3 they could decide they like the lawless side better and switch to a BH at level 1 And vice-versa. Same thing with smuggler and Imp agent.

This already exists in the game...

You level a Trooper to 50, then say in Public chat "Trooper sucks, I am going Bounty Hunter"... then you click the "Logoff" button, and use the "Create new character" screen to create a Bounty Hunter. Once in-game, say in Public chat "I was a level 50 trooper, but I wanted to be a Bounty hunter... so now I am a Bounty Hunter !"

I'm confused by this suggestion. Haezze has already laid it out. What's the advantage of switching class, when you have to start at level 1 again (which you can already do)?

Though I must say that a class change makes some sense in TOR. It should be possible to switch to your mirror class so you can switch sides.

I'd love to see that happen. Faction change, that is.

-E

Edited by Electricdawn

I'm confused by this suggestion. Haezze has already laid it out. What's the advantage of switching class, when you have to start at level 1 again (which you can already do)?

Though I must say that a class change makes some sense in TOR. It should be possible to switch to your mirror class so you can switch sides.

I'd love to see that happen. Faction change, that is.

-E

between the incredibly small amount of "grind" and how faction swap would entirely negate a large chunk of the story im enitrely against any kind of betrayal or faction swap.

i mean why dont you just ask for them to give you a lvl 50 of any class for x dollars, since that is essentially what you are asking for.

Why? The way I envision is, that you need to have your toon up to level 50, got your class story done, then you will be able to get into an epic faction-switch-storyline, at which end you will be your mirror class at the opposing faction.

Where does it say up there that you will get a level 50 for paying money? It actually should be free, once your toon is 50, of course.

-E

going from trooper to bounty hunter sound like a faction change, not a class change, at least if you change it to the mirror class.

Faction and mirror class are, for the most part, cosmetic/quality of life change, not pure gameplay change.

I personally not opposed to

- gender change

- race change

- name change (and legacy name)

- server change

- faction change

What i think is bad is advanced class change, as been said above, this has been discussed through many post let's not dwell in this

as for faction change, i don't have a problem with it, if it doesn't contribute to further increase the faction imbalance. But i don't think it would, not more than rerolling that is. I believe there would quite a few empire that would faction change to republic as well.

going from trooper to bounty hunter sound like a faction change, not a class change, at least if you change it to the mirror class.

Faction and mirror class are, for the most part, cosmetic/quality of life change, not pure gameplay change. .

Not necessarily true - faction changes have the potential to really throw off the population balance on certain realms, particularly PvP ones.

Not necessarily true - faction changes have the potential to really throw off the population balance on certain realms, particularly PvP ones.
They're also a logistical nightmare from a development standpoint. This focus on story demands that the same emphasis be applied to any faction-change mechanic. We're talking a complete overhaul of the game's planets, the creation and development of at least eight new class storylines, the creation and development of eight "faction change" storylines, and alternate ability advancement paths.