Is there a 'blue' schematic for 'Savant Boots' (Synthweaving) ?

coloredearth

Hello everyone, I have created a new character and trying out Synthweaving for the first time. My issue is that I have crafted about 20 of the initial ('green') Savant Boots and reverse engineered all of them - but I still haven't received the 'blue' schematic that ordinarily comes after 2-3 reverse engineerings.

I have gotten the blue schems for the belt and gloves after 2 reverse engineers each. My other character is an Artificer, and also it has been typical to get a blue after reverse engineering 2-3 greens. There may have been a few that took 4-5, but never 20.

I submitted a ticket with the same details as above, and they replied within 5 minutes and said basically 'working as intended'.

What I don't know is - maybe there isn't a 'blue' schematic for the Savant Boots? Can anyone confirm that they have received this, and how many times they had to reverse engineer?

Or any other advice anyone can give me - this is really bugging me!

Edited by coloredearth

I'm not near my gaming pc to check my schematics, but I will say 2 or 3 RE's is not the norm for a blue.... you could get unlucky and not get it from 50 .... that aside it sounds like you've been very lucky up until now :)

hmm, well i wouldn't necessarily call it luck, since my other char who is an Artificer is level 20, and his Artificing skill is ~180 - and i've never had to RE more than 6 greens to get a blue. So that seems pretty consistent.

It is only with this one schematic for Savant Boots that I'm having problems.

I have now seen some threads that the RE chance will be increased in general in 1.2, and also that they are going to provide feedback in a tooltip for each item and give the % chance of getting a new schematic.

I hope this comes soon!

There is a Blue, actually Three (3) Blue schematics for Savant Boots.

I've got :

Blue - Critical Savant Boots, Overkill Savant Boots, and Redoubt Savant Boot.

Purple - Vehemence Savant Boots (+Alacrity rating), Expert Savant Boots(+Surge rating), Rampart Savant Boots(+Shield rating), Commander Savant Boots(+Presence Rating), and Hawkeye Savant Boots(+Accuracy rating) - all 5 RE'ed from a Overkill Savant Boot.

RE'ing to get the next tier schematic is pure luck, and I've RE'ed close to a 100 blues to get nothing on one day, and then on another day RE just 2 to get a schematic.

What's really frustrating (especially when RE'ing Blues to get Purple schematics) is when the system gives you a schematic you already have and gives you an error message saying you already have it, after Re-engineering countless blue's :mad:

( which is going to be changed in patch 1.2 --> really looking forward to this )

Thanks for this feedback. Ok, so hitting the 20 mark is nothing currently. I am glad this will (hopefully) change with 1.2 - at least put some sort of consistency in. If you have to RE approx 20 greens to get a blue - make it be that for every item, every time - with some randomness obviously, but not such wild fluctuations as 100. And of course scale with item level, rarity etc. i.e. You should have to RE a lvl 50 item more times than a lvl 1 item.

And Im so jealous of your rig I don't know what to say. I'm currently playing on a 2 year old 4 GB ram, 32 bit laptop. All my graphics settings are as low as they can be, and still my FPS in game is probably 20 at best.

I know you must be thinking 'wow how do people play like that' - well, it sux but hanging in there for now :/

- Well it wasn't always this way, I used to have a good rig (for the time) when I played SWG, but that's sitting in the corner now. Alas - we all do what we have to right?