Will you please fix the damn bugs!

Malanoth

I have 3 level 50's now on Imperial side. The daily quest on Ilum "Defend the shipment" has been bugged since release and was reported in December. The bug is clicking on a case and defending it against waves of mobs. It seems if you die defending the case that case becomes locked to that player and no other player can interact with it - you get, "That object is already in use" message. I have done this quest ONCE since my early access began and I got my first character to 50. This was reported in December. It amazes me that the bug is still not fixed.

This is not the only quest that bugs either.

Unable to delete quests from Quest log. Again this was reported in December. We know that you are aware of the problem. I have 12 out of 25 quests that I can not delete from my quest log. No, I am not going back to do them because very often they lead to another quest in the chain or the area you need to access has a red force field and you cannot enter. This must of been known before game release and then the problem gained wide disattisfaction in December. What the heck are you doing BW?

All these niggly bugs and lack of polish grate on players and erode their enjoyment of the game to the point where they become fed up or disillusioned with it all. You've only got to read the forums to see the extent of bugs in this game that should have been eliminated within the first month of release and still haven't.

We are now into April and all I see is 1.2 this, 1.2 that. Do you really think 1.2 is going to bring back all the players that left because of the lack of polish this game has? You really need to get a grip of these annoyances. TOR is a great game. I left 7 years of WoW for it and I don't regret it. Yet. But my patience is being stretched and all these things in the game that should have been fixed, but haven't are affecting my attitude towards the game to the point where I am beginning to consider if I should go play something else or just simply stop playing TOR. Please get a grip of these bugs.

I have 4 level 50's on the hidden beks republic side (just as info). I decided to re-roll imperial and chose red eclipse.

I hit level 50 last night on my sith marauder only to go do some ilum dailies and be told by over 20 people that this one quest bug has been in game since beta. I cant stop laughing, really i cant stop laughing.

I love this game, but im starting to see that fixing bugs is not at the top of there priority list, given that every set of patch notes i read, i bunch up the bugs and say to mayself "yea they will be fixed next patch instead". And you know what, its damn true....

Soa/the puzzle/loot bug/speeder bug = EV (endgame raid)

As an example these issues took them several patches to fix, and all were "FIXED" with the 1st, they posted "fixed issue with soa agro etc" and then the next patch "fixed issue with soa agro etc". It makes u want to cry that a mmo at this level can release patches that dont work, over and over again.

Like i said i love this game and just want to voice my frustration with patches and bug fixes.

Edited by peaceandpassion

I have 3 level 50's now on Imperial side. The daily quest on Ilum "Defend the shipment" has been bugged since release and was reported in December.

while I really don't like how many people mindlessly bash the game, I have to agree on this.

A bug like that, that manages to stay live that long does not look good at all.

It's a daily quest (IT'S A PAIN IN THE NECK EVERY DAY!!!!)

You've only got to read the forums to see the extent of bugs in this game that should have been eliminated within the first month of release and still haven't.

We are now into April and all I see is 1.2 this, 1.2 that. Do you really think 1.2 is going to bring back all the players that left because of the lack of polish this game has?

Ahahahahahahaha. Oh wait you seriously think the forums represent anything other than droning whining?

Hah! Dude, come on, get real. The forums are a stomping ground for angry children to vent, in a way to diffuse a tonne of the rage people get towards any game, thats why they are there, misdirects alot of the QQ away from the company itself.

Sane people don't visit them, it's just us crazies here. You know why? Cause they are happily playing the game, thats why.

Also if you read the patch notes, all that you have mentioned thus far has made it in.

I have an imperial alt, a BH and I was about to begin my End Of Chaptor One mission, the assault on the republic ship to kill the jedi.

I'd read on Torhead that the quest was bugged to hell. And oh god it was! I had elite mobs randomly appearing while I was dealing with a small group, killing me and then suddenly shooting across the map to somewhere I wasn't remotely near!

Then I got halfway through the instance, to suddenly be kicked out of it during a pull and wind up at the entrance again with some of the Elites respawning. For no reason!

Half of me was going to just give up and call it quits but luckily I made my way through it.

Again apparently these bugs have been in it since December and never fixed. I don't know if it's because they don't know how to, or they are too overworked and don't have time to. But it's really poor service.

I havent experienced any game breaking bugs that stopped me from progressing since launch, not a single one that prevented me from doing what i needed to do whether that be a quest or otherwise.

Sure there are some bugs that are annoying (the turret quest on narshadaa, still dooable though) but you have to know that they have a priority list and bugs like the one you descirbed (or the republic one where on belsavis daily quest 2 of the rattataki leaders are bugged) arent very high on that list, they are known bugs that will be fixed in time, its not like bioware is just slacking off doing nothing they have a full team working to fix bugs , this team has a priority list though and is acting accordingly to fix the most important bugs first. It seems that the bug you are talking about can be worked around by A. not dying B. resetting the quest, sure its annoying but i dont see it being a very high priority, they will get around to it just give them time.

This is a huge game, the amount of PVE content (especially leveling wise not so much end game wise) is extremely vast, the class quests alone are pretty much the equivilent of 8 full single player BIOWARE RPGS including all the different choices and endings and divergences in the plotline (yes the plot follows a certain path but the details surrounding that path can change drastically based on your choices, my sith inquisitor decided to reject a quest that involved helping save a prominent family , long story short my decision to not help drastically changed what happened in my storyline and my decision has been brought up and questioned by characters in my story for quite a few quests after that, not to mention the empire lost control of a planet because of it) anyways back to the point there is soo much content leveling wise in this game so obviously their are going to be some bugs, they will be fixed, thats what the weekly updates are for.

If it's not been fixed yet it's because it's very hard to fix and is taking the "bug fixing" team a lot of time and effort to find a work around / fix (I say bug fixing team before any screams "YET THEY CAN MAKE AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE!!!!!" which for your information was NOT made by the bug fixing team but by another, so dont even think of trolling down that road)

Anyway, like i said. If it hasnt been fixed yet it's because it's a SOB and very stubborn to fix and NOT because they have said "meh, screw it". Oh and for the people who go "it cant be that hard to fix! its just a bug!"... you don't know that, you can't see what goes on in the office. All you see is a bug, but YOU do not know how to fix it.

For those who do, however.... please contact head of Bioware and tell him how :p

there is soo much content leveling wise in this game so obviously their are going to be some bugs, they will be fixed, thats what the weekly updates are for.

LOL - oh yes, check out the weekly patch notes, they are full of bugs fixes.......:rolleyes: